1. Tramonto87

Tramonto87 New Member

What is your deepest ...

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Tramonto87, Jun 17, 2013.

If you can choose one character of one book, and live his experience. What will you choose?
    It's so hard for me and I also know for you too..! Maybe something with love and magic,
    so the choice was extremely reduced. But there was also a lot of books with love and magic...

MMMmmMmmmMMm I think the protagonist of the book of the lost things...
    Not entirely romantic, not entirely magic, just a mixture.. :D

2. huntsman40

huntsman40 Active Member

I can think of many books I could imagine wanting to be that character, or to experience that fictional world, but picking just one would be very difficult. I think I could narrow it down to two or three though.

· I'd love to be Dr Who. After all what can beat being able to see everything that time and space has to offer, even if you have to run for your life half the time.
    · Drizzt Do'Urden in R. A. Salvatore's books would be an interested character to be, if somewhat of a sad and lonely one at times.
    · The Harry Potter universe would be a fun place to grow up in, not counting Voldermort trying to murder you all of course.

I'm sure I could think of hundreds of books, places and characters, but those three worlds spring to mind as ones that would be fun, interesting and often very exciting.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Duke Leto II, God Emperor of the Known Universe. To know such a life I would gladly accept the sand trout.

4. Mithrandir

Mithrandir New Member

In the general vicinity of the Atlantic Ocean
    Rob Stark, King in the North -- not so much because he's great, but because he has some unfinished business with a certain Walder Frey.

5. Alan Lincoln

Alan Lincoln Active Member

Mattias Tanhauser (MC from Tim Willocks books 'The Religion' and 'Twelve children of Paris') - intrepid, tough, resourceful, educated, ballsy, intelligent, Saxon born, trained janissary in the army of the Ottoman Empire, womanising, adventurer, mercenary, opium and arms merchant who kills whoever and whatever gets in his way... yeah, I'd settle for that character :D

6. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Lots of different ones. But the two that come to mind straight away are Edmond Dantes from 'The Count of Monte Cristo', and Paul Mua'dib from Dune. This kind of highlights the lack of good female leads in literature :D

7. jazzabel

I want to be Paul in the first book, I haven't read the rest because I couldn't see how can they possibly surpass the first. I am a glutton for punishment at times :D My second favourite was Aliah, so yeah, I like freaky characters. Have you seen the David Lynch film as well?

8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

If you've not read the rest, and you got into Aliah's character, do yourself the favor of getting the next three books. Aliah comes very much into the forefront of the next two books, and her 'freakiness' in the first book was just a warmup. ;)

9. jazzabel

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll give them a go. I only didn't read them because I heard they're not as good as Dune I, and I adore that book so I didn't want to ruin it.

10. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

I'm sure this sounds very childish, but I'd like to be Laurel from the Wings series by Aprilynne Pike. lol It's a novel about an adopted teen girl who finds out she's a fairy from Avalon. She sprouts wings every fall, is technically a plant, and gets to travel to Avalon (this awesome world full of fairies and magic) and has a love triangle between her, her human boyfriend and her fairy protector. It's actually the book that inspired me to be a writer. Aprilynne Pike is a hero of mine. =)

11. raven6625

raven6625 Member

Richard Sharpe. Kings finest and an all round hero.

12. Abigail

Abigail Member

I would absolutely love growing up in a Harry Potter world.