What is your usual bathing routine?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wreybies, Dec 28, 2014.

?

What is your usual bathing routine?

1. Once in the morning.

2. Once in the evening.

3. Both morning and evening.

4. 3 times a day.

5. More than 3 times a day.

6. Other (it varies)

7. Once every couple of days

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wynter

Wynter Active Member

Morning and Night

10-20 minutes, I only use cold water.

2. cutecat22

cutecat22 The Strange One Contributor

I prefer to shower. I only soak in the bath if I'm ill. The frequency depends on work and whatever else is happening that day so it could be a morning shower, three in the afternoon before anyone else comes home shower or an evening one if I've had errands to run after work.

3. Poet of Gore

Poet of Gore Member

i walk very slowly to the showers waiting. as soon as i hear a bar of soap drop i pounce.

cutecat22, daemon and 123456789 like this.
  4. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

For me it depends. When I'm in a plateau period and feeling normal, I bath first thing on awakening while my coffee is brewing. When I'm manic I need to bathe more frequently due to excessive physical exertion. When I'm depressed, I really let myself go... not only can I not be arsed making the effort, I actually use not washing as an excuse to punish myself. Sucks, but that's the reality of it.

I don't think your habits smack of OCD at all... especially given the climate you live in. When I was in the topics, I constantly felt grimy, and felt compelled to shower whenever I had the opportunity.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

You know, having a daily routine is not OCD. In fact, it's a key part of stress management. It's only when it's taken to extremes that it becomes OCD, when it impedes your ability to function in your work and social life.

6. cutecat22

cutecat22 The Strange One Contributor

Like when your mother empties the waste paper basket, puts a clean bin bag in there and then won't let you put any rubbish in there for at least three days because "I've just put a clean bag in there!"

Or when she goes shopping at the supermarket, she wears gloves because of the germs on the trolley handle!

7. Ana Silva

Ana Silva New Member

I only shower. I usually shower every morning before work, but some days I'll feel lazy and think 'nah, I'm good', so I sometimes skip a day.

Once in the shower I have a very specific routine: full body rinse, turn water off; shampoo, rinse, turn water off; face cleaner, hair conditioner, body wash, rinse, turn water off. Always in this order. If I decide to not wash my hair that day because I'm straightening it or something like that, I'll skip the shampoo and the conditioner, but the remaining items are always in the same order.

What can I say? I enjoy stability :p

8. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

I have a similar routine in the shower. I apply shower gel and then clean in a specific order; heads, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes. Then eyes and ears and mouth and nose.

9. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I'll usually shower in the morning unless I have to be up at some ungodly hour, then I'll shower the night before.