Tags:
  1. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

What lies can a teenager possibly tell?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Neha, Apr 9, 2008.

Okay basically this is my plot:

The Lies and life of Nilday Kretchen.

Nilday Kretchen has everything she can ask for, a dedicated and loving father, a caring mother, an adorable sister and friends. But she lies. From the moment she entered junior high, Lindsay has been constantly lying......about everything . From life to problems, from friends to studies, from love to hate. She lies. She doesn’t want to, but everytime she wants to say something right, she ends up lying. Then comes high school and Sachio Saito enters her life. Gorgeous Sachio. Suddenly, she can’t seem to wait to wash her hands of the lies.............but just when she’s finally going towards the light of truth, an old lie surfaces......is she ready to face the consequences?

Now what sort of lies can a teenager possibly tell? I've got some down in my diary, taken from my own leaf of life............but I'll need lot more, so that I can spin the story better, I'm gonna spin the tale around my life circumstances, so it'll be tough figuring out this lie stuff on my home. I'll be grateful for help.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Passing gossip that someone was cheating on a girlfriend/boyfriend
    Saying someone stole something that, in fact, the liar stole
    Passing rumors that someone was involved in a drug deal
    -- worse if criminal elemnets believe the rumor and do something to that person because of it
    Saying a girl who moved away did so because she was pregnant

(just a few ideas there)

3. Neha

hmm........yeah...but actually I'm looking for lies a girl can tell about herself, like because she's damn insecure or something and all that.

4. Cogito

Oh, like lying that she makes the best nan, when in fact she can't boil water without burning it, and then someone asks her to teach them how to make nan properly?

5. Neha

trust a guy to think of food......lol......yah, sorta that way, and that's something I'll have to do...learn cookinng or lie, and a guy actually had the guts to tell me that I should learn cooking, that it'll help......and smirking all that time....well he wasn't by the time I finished with him though...lol........

6. Cogito

There are people who have lied about fictitious medical conditions to get sympathy...

7. Neha

yah........like my classmate lied about having asthama, and showed a fake medical card to get out of the P.T practises.......that would be a good idea...!! One lie stike-off, need about zillion more.......lol

8. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

My advice for you Neha, is to plan what she is actually like, then make her lie about it. Like saying her dad is dead, she won a pie eating contest when she was seven and once lived next door to the Queen. random stuff like that really I think.

9. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

cog... what the heck is 'nan'???

neha... sad to say, i have a perfect example for you... one of my own daughters!... unfortunately, in her early teens, she became such a proficient liar that i think she actually believed everything she made up... a 'talent' that i fear was inherited from her biological father...

one of her best-ever whoppers was told to all she met [mostly guys, natch] aboard ship, when her step-dad/adoptive dad took her and her sisters on a summer cruise... seems she gave her name as 'angela' [not even close to her real one] and billed herself as a blackjack dealer in las vegas!... well, she did live in vegas, but at a very mature-looking only 16, certainly couldn't be working in the gaming industry!

sadly, her talent for telling believable lies wasn't lost as she grew up and only grew up along with her...

so, you can have your character lie about who she is, what she does and has done, who she's known, who her parents are, and so on, as it's all been done!

love and hugs, maia

10. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Well, if you want bold, shocking lies, then she can say she's: A criminal, bisexual, has met/knows a celebrity, once saved someone, once didn't save someone, once escaped from a life-threatening incident, etc.

11. Cogito

Nan, or naan, is an Indian flatbread, often flavored with various herbs or spices. It's softer and contains ghee (clarified butter, but some people use olive oil as a shortcut), and is baked until it is puffed up and browned, even charred in spots. It is absolutely delicious.

12. Cicero

Cicero Banned

"Are you going to eat that apple?"
    "Yes."

13. lessa

lessa New Member

When I went away this summer I went to a concert by ________ and we got to back stage and meet the band. He was so funny and he asked us out for dinner and we had a great time.

My cousin is going to take me shopping in Paris next fall and I will get to spend as much as I like since my uncle is just loaded.

14. EyezForYou

EyezForYou Active Member

What lies have you told?

Once you answer this, you have answered your own question.

15. Neha

I'm impressed. lol
    Yeeah, it is delicious, esp. with Paneer, though my Mum says it tastes best with Shahi Chicken or Kadai Chicken...though Cog, if you like Nan, you should try Rumali Roti...that is the real stuff!!

The ideas were Good, and she could torture herself for hours in front of the mirror and be guilty about them!!! I getting on with the plot, she just has to meet Sachio....Rather EyezForYou....this is gonna be part my story...........and mammamaia, I was worse than a liar!! I turned half truth into truths for my convenience, I'm trying to grow out, and I started with coming clean, and this'll be my last step towards confessions!