1. Kattling

Kattling New Member

What would happen to someone who couldn't remember where they came from?

Discussion in 'Research' started by Kattling, Apr 22, 2015.

If a person is found, but has never been reported missing and couldn't remember where they came from, what would happen to them?
    I suppose, more specifically, I'm asking who would give them food and shelter while investigations took place.
    Thank you in advance! ;u;

2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I think hospitals usually provide that. If someone were found who couldn't remember where they come from or what happened, it's usually a sign of brain damage.

3. Kattling

Kattling New Member

Oh yeah, very good point. ;u; I didn't even think about that. I considered them going in and just getting a little checkup, but I completely overlooked anything more than that. Thank you!

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

Who has found them?

Who would bother investigating them?

There are plenty of homeless people, many of whom have some form of mental disorder, but nobody is giving them food and shelter as a regular thing. Certainly, there is no focus on "investigating" them.

So, I'd suggest that our amnesiac would have to do something to get somebody's attention, and that's likely to be something unlawful, so he might end up in a police cell.

I don't think that hospitals would routinely provide "food and shelter"...they're not hotels or flop-houses!

They might examine our amnesiac, but they'd be under pressure to discharge him as soon as possible. In the UK, I'd suggest that Social Services would be called in to arrange some sort of accommodation ASAP. In the US, I'd suggest that he probably wouldn't get through the door without reciting his Health Insurance number.