1. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

Whitewater rafting - scene for my romantic drama

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Burnistine, Sep 10, 2015.

I have drastically revised the first chapter of my novel, Red Satin Ribbons. The scene opens up by telling a little of what my MC is going through, where he is, and then it plummets into a rescue of a woman who is trying to commit suicide in Glenwood Canyon. If you know anything about whitewater rafting, I would greatly appreciate any feedback I can get on this action-packed chapter. Please send me a message if you have time to read it. I need you to insert any words or sequence of events that I might have missed during my revision process.

Thanks in advance. Remember, send me a message, then I'll post the chapter.

2. DueNorth

DueNorth Senior Member

I had mentioned to you in an earlier post the book, "The Emerald Mile" which is the classic nonfiction book of whitewater rafting down the Grand Canyon starting from Glen Canyon Dam, gives history and geology of area, etc. It is one of the best (interesting, fun to read) nonfiction book I've read. I think it might give you all you want.

3. Burnistine

Burnistine Active Member

Thanks for the reminder. Appreciate it.