1. Smelly Wookies

Smelly Wookies New Member

What Should I Name This Character?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Smelly Wookies, Feb 23, 2015.

Hello there! I was just sitting around, brainstorming ideas for a book I've always wanted to write, when I came across of picture of this girl on the web, and I thought she looked EXACTLY like what I thought one of the main characters to look like:

(pictures removed by minstrel)

My question is, what to name her? And what should her personality be? Based on her looks, and everything. In the book, she's the main character. She's a kind of odd, and quirky young girl, with aspiring dreams and ideas.She's all so really emotional. What do you think she should be named, and her personality be like?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
  2. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Banned Contributor

Well we can't see any of those images. Based on what I can see she appears to be a ripped piece of paper, so...Ripley?

Okon likes this.
  3. Commandante Lemming

Commandante Lemming Contributor Contributor

Yeah those don't come through on this site but saw them by clicking through to fictionpost. Funny enough the name Ripley actually fits.

Assuming your character is not assigned an ethnicity, this sort of fashionable youngish type brings to mind a lot of late-90s last-name-as-first-name baby names...Taylor, Tyler, Madison, Mackenzie, Harper, etc.

So in that case, I'd go with the luck of the draw and name her Ripley.

If you want a last name I'd go with two syllables that roll off the tongue easily. The type of name you'd think of for a movie-star screen name.

Ripley Dawson?

That's the name I get.

4. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

You have three posts, and the other two have busty ladies you want us to name or describe, this one has images I assume are the same. What's the deal here?

5. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

Imogen

GingerCoffee likes this.
  6. Void

Void Senior Member

Call her Zepaxeuzuhr, Queen of the Gakexuhr, and defiler of souls ...

No, but in all seriousness, why do so many people come to this forum and ask others to name their characters, and even more baffling, come up with their personalities too? It seems like this is the type of thing too important to off load to strangers on the internet.
    Yeah, I just checked, and this is strangely true. Each post seems to be asking for a name for a completely different character with a different back-story, appearance, personality and seemingly in a completely different story.

The plot thickens ...

Is this some kind of bizarre scam? A weird troll attempt? Some strangely specific fetish for having random strangers on the internet come up with names for a succession of attractive women?

ZYX and Megalith like this.
  7. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

Fetish definitely. We have been infested by perverts.

But I also don't understand why you would want anyone else to name or build your characters, they are quite central to any work of fiction.

8. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Indeed.