?

Questionnaire or paragraph format?

1. Questionnaire

2. Paragraph

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

Preference on Bios for Website

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by No-Name Slob, Jun 24, 2015.

I'm writing bios to put on my company's website about each of our service professionals. When reading bios intended to give you some information about someone in the service industry (in this case the salon/spa industry) do you prefer them to be in the form of a listed questionnaire:

Experience: Sally has worked behind the chair for 10 years ...
    Professional Philosophy: "I fix $7 haircuts" ...

OR do you prefer a detailed description in the form of a paragraph:

"During her ten year career, Sally has developed the philosophy that clients should select their stylist based on their qualifications, rather than the cost of their haircut ..."

Personally, I never read paragraph bios on websites, but I'll read a questionnaire because it's more clean and concise. I assume this is how most people are, but I could be very wrong.

Thanks in advance!

2. Stacy C

Stacy C Banned

As a techie, I read the thread title wrong and was going to say that you're pretty much stuck with the bios your motherboard manufacturer selects.

Here's my niece:

http://www.mixedcosalon.com/#!tyger-colorist-chicago-top-hai/cnv1

3. drifter265

drifter265 Banned

Definitely the detailed description in the form of a paragraph. It comes off as more mature, intelligent, and professional. A list looks like any kid could have done it.

Honestly, I wouldn't even worry about this. People are going to come to your place based off reputation. Look at Google's website, it's a blank page, and now look at Yahoo's. One is just with their name on it and the other is filled with a million other things to distract you and yet the boring one is more popular, gets more traffic for its search engine, and makes a lot more money because of its reputation and it even has its name in the dictionary.

Long story short? Let your business speak for you and when you do have to use words on your website be as brief as possible.

4. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

It depends on your customer base/audience. Me? I'd take the brief questionnaire. But it also depends on the atmosphere/personalities. I think what would help more than the description would be a picture of each...maybe more than a face shot, but the salon/spa person smiling and doing their job.