What was your first story?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Smoke, Mar 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. nightguard

nightguard New Member

This one started me off on taking writing more seriously. It wasn't very good tho' It was about a character that took a walk in the woods, heard a noise so climbed a tree. From the tree he saw a fox attack and tear apart a rabbit. the whole process was described including the crunching of bones. When it was all over he went home and his mother said something like 'At last I have your favourite for dinner ...........Rabbit stew.

Awful I know but I hand wrote it and sent it to a small press mag that dealt with horror.
    Surprisingly I had a reply. They said I had a good imagination but advised me to try creative writing classes to learn how do it properly. So I enroled for an eveng class course and been trying to improve ever since. From the classes I was invoved in a writing group and met some talented writers. I have found out that it is mostly those that write appreciate your work. I am not a great writer and am unlikely to have anything major in print and sometimes my grammar, puntuation and spelling is not good but I am able to take an idea or thought and make something of it a short story or a poem.

2. katnip

katnip New Member

hmmmmmm what a question.
    i think it started back in the 3rd grade when my teacher had the class write stories and told me i was good and encouraged me to continued, but when i moved i became really shy and akward and lost conifdence in myself til two years ago.