1. muckzulo

muckzulo Member

What would be the Genre?

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by muckzulo, Feb 6, 2016.

This is a 2 part question.

1.) If a soap Opera was adapted into novel form, what Genre would it be categorized in? I want to say Romance but due to the Open ending narratives soap operas have, couples usually dont end up together for a happy ever after. Any idea what category it would be in?

2.) My WIP is mixture of Genres...It has Romance, Mystery/Thriller, Horror, Fantasy and Crime. I asked a agent about mix breed novels an was told that its okay to label it Mainstream Fiction but then i came across another answer where an agent said Publishers sometimes label books just simply Adult Ficiton if it has mutliple genres it. My problem is, i want to make the readers aware that its HEAVY romance and angst and Melodrama with a Fantasy twist in the book. But i cant label it Paranormal Romance because there is no HEA in the end (well for some couples their arent). Any idea on the more accurate genre to label it?

2. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

How about: Urban Fantasy-Romance?