1. hughesj

hughesj New Member

Pages for iCloud...

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by hughesj, Oct 13, 2013.

I used to use Pages to write on my iPad (portable, and easy once a bluetooth keyboard is purchased) but had the problem of not being able to write on my PC easily because i am on Windows. I had to download the file in word format instead.

Now, with the release of Pages for iCloud which allows writing in a browser, I am considering moving back to Pages. What do you think?

One concern I do have, though, is the pending release of Scrivener for iOS. I don't know how far off that is and how close to the full version it will be.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm going to have to play in the Literature and Latte forum again. I've been using Scrivener since it was brand new and I can remember only too well the creators of the software (the guy in the UK and the guy somewhere in Arizona) swearing up, down, left and right that they weren't ever thinking about a version for portable tabs and phones. Like ever. It's one of the reasons they spent so much effort in making Scrivener syncable with other platforms across cloud-based storage like Dropbox. But, then again, they said similar about a Windows version of Scrivener.... :rolleyes: