1. Savila93

Savila93 Member

Short Story Please opinions

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Savila93, Nov 20, 2014.

Hi look guys I planning to do a short mistery/horror story please help

"Insane" (just made this tittle up)

ok guys this is my idea:
    Im thinking about the main character being the imagination of a guy with schizophrenia and mental disorders I plan to make the second main character ( the guy with the mental disorders) a serial killer and how the main character haves to deal with that of course noone will know theyre the same person or the imagination.

thats all i got right know, i know its not much but please help and be hard on me

2. Gloria Sythe

Gloria Sythe Member

You may want to proof read your post and correct your grammatical errors. You opened yourself to a ton of criticism if you leave your post the way it is.

Hi look guys I planning to do a short mistery/horror (mystery) story please help.

"Insane" (just made this tittle up) (
    just made up this title)

Im (
    I am) thinking about the main character being the imagination of a guy with (who has) schizophrenia, and (a few other) mental disorders. (needs a new sentence)

I plan to make the second main character ( the guy with (
    who has) the mental disorders) a serial killer and how the main character haves (has to) to deal with that of course noone (no one) will know theyre (they're) better (they are) the same person or the (schizophrenic's) imagination.

Thats all I got (have) right know, i know its not much but please help -and be hard on me-. Not a wise invitation. :friend:

It is great story idea, but remember; your story starts with your post in here.

I might add: you have chosen a very difficult and complex subject to start or further your writing career. Never give it up Savila93.

3. James Random

James Random Member

@Gloria Sythe Maybe his orher book isn't in English?

His/her name would suggest that he's Spanish (possibly Portuguese) and that English probably isn't his first language.

4. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

Yes, but there are inconsistent errors. Sometimes it's "I" and sometimes it's "i", for example. That may be caused by some other issue, but if he's going to write, that issue will somehow have to be overcome.

5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Aside from the grammatical issues (which may well be a problem relating to the questioner's native language) I'm not sure what @Savila93 wants from us.

What is the question?

If your story is about making the reader guess whether the main character is imagining crimes or doing them for real, then I'd say "develop it." It's a good idea, but you need to actually write it, Savila. It's your story, your brain, your imagination and your creative impulses that will make a writer out of you.

If you're asking us here on the forum where you should take this story next—I'm afraid that's your call. If you're asking us if this is a good story idea, I'd say yes.

Don't be afraid to take a plunge and make this happen for yourself! That's what makes writing fun. Writing stories is not an assignment (I hope.) It's a passion. You must do this work yourself.

6. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

I realized something. If the OP is a writer familiar with a different language.... Why do people who do not write or speak English fluently come to an English language writing forum when there must be writing forums in their native language that would better facilitate their needs? I'm just wondering. I speak Dutch at school level, since I left when I was young, but I won't go to a Dutch language writing forum and fumble my way through in search of universal answers when there are English forums available. So... why?

7. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

My advice is to start writing with what you have. Make an outline if that helps. You don't even necessarily have to write in order, so you could write the last few paragraphs of the story if those come easier to you. Hopefully once you start writing stuff down you'll have even more ideas about how to bring everything together and finish the story.

8. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

English is a pretty dominant language on the internet, and the English market is the most profitable. There are sites available in English that just aren't available in other languages, or that have information on the English market rather than the smaller markets.

Renee J, Savila93 and lustrousonion like this.
  9. AlannaHart

AlannaHart Senior Member

You only corrected half of them.

10. Savila93

Savila93 Member

Thanks!