what would your MC do?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by J_Jammer, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Sal Boxford

Sal Boxford Senior Member

Rick Pacey: "Quasar light. Oh my God, I finally saw quasar light. I mean, I thought I did once in Midney Park when Rama was doing that thing with the poem - when they, like, baptised me - but I wasn't really sure, but that's got to be... Here look: I have a pamphlet here, I have a pamphlet. See? Do you know physics? Well it's like about... it's... so there's these different levels of reality, right? So like if you got really, really small... I forget how he explains it. It's in here. It's in here - you can read it. But see he said they couldn't get here yet but when they could they'd be in these, like, balls of energy, like little shining, floating nests, like... Cause they came through the black hole at the heart of the quasar and they're from either like the level above or the level below and... Oh gees, I have to go find Rama!"

Your MC suddenly finds him/herself turned into a dog. They have all the cognitive abilities they had immediately prior to the transformation but are restricted to the movements and vocalisations of a dog. Where do they go? What do they do?

zoupskim likes this.
  2. Vagrant Tale

Vagrant Tale Active Member

The fierce space pirate does what any true rogue would do: they use it to their advantage to spy. Cleverly disguised as a dog, they get themselves taken in by a manager of a huge safety deposit facility. Later, they use this knowledge as an exchange to some multi-billion dollar criminal organization in exchange for being transformed back into a human. They then set up a heist to get all of the money, and leave nothing but a bone and a collar for the manager to find in the vault the next day.

Your character just has just decided to run away from their current life. Why did they flee? Where do they go? What do they do with their new life?

zoupskim, Oscar Leigh and Sal Boxford like this.
  3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Isaiah: "I'm always running. Same reason; past shit. Same destination: anywhere. Same life; not much.

How did your MC meet their current partner/best friend? Was their relationship different back then?

zoupskim likes this.
  4. Vagrant Tale

Vagrant Tale Active Member

Brea Hartmann: "I met my boyfriend, Lancer, long ago, when we were both in our mid-teens, while enrolled in school. He was quite a ladies man when he was little. I wasn't one of the "pretty girls", but he was always very cordial and respectful to me. He used to sit next to me in my geology class and we'd each do half of every assignment, then just trade answers. I didn't have a lot of friends when I was younger, and he was my only friend back then.

We didn't start dating until much later, after he had broken up with his girlfriend, and after my discharge was filed following the meat processing incident. He and my friend Jess sided with me no matter what, and never turned their backs on me. I guess it turns out that when you know someone your whole life, they make a great romantic partner. I really relished all of the times his ex called him and I spoke to her...how much regret she had in her voice...but I know Lancer, and once he's lost trust in you, he'll lose interest completely. So I don't worry about those two."

Your character is locked in a room for 13 years without any idea why or who locked them in there. They are well fed and allowed to do anything they want as long as long as the activity is limited to the room and as long as it doesn't involve escaping. What does your character decide to do with all of that time in solitude?

zoupskim and Oscar Leigh like this.
  5. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah- "Try to milk Xandiel for information?Watch tv? Drink like a madman? Yeah, I'm going with those. Sound good."

What is the most important developmental moment for your character in they're past (excluding spoilers)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    zoupskim and Seraph751 like this.
  6. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

Cherry- The moment she opened her eyes as an infant.

What is your character's most hilarious flaw?

zoupskim and Oscar Leigh like this.
  7. Sal Boxford

Sal Boxford Senior Member

His complete inability to express rage. He tried to trash a hotel room: emptied his bag onto the floor, threw the little tray of milk, sugar and coffee sachets across the room, tore off the bed sheets and dumped them in the bath tub, opened his fly intending to pee on them, faltered, gave up and put everything neatly back in place.

Your MC is approached by someone who tells them that a secret society is controlling the daily life of the city/state/planet. How do they react? Do they ridicule them, believe them, humour them, join them to fight it, reason with them?

8. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah- "Sure." (Walks away and forgets them)

When is your MC happiest? Not a specific point but something in their lives that happens fairly regularly?

zoupskim and Seraph751 like this.
  9. Keelan Goldhallow

Keelan Goldhallow New Member

Felix- captaining his ship, because he worked hard to get to that position and he feels he deserves it.

Cedric- any time he gets to spend at the castle, because it is completely different from his home life and the prince understands him.

What would your MC do if he/she came across a band of robbers attacking an old man?

10. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah- "Well, that depends if I can actually stop them. If I can, sure let's help. But I'm not getting hurt for nothing. If it turns out somehow that they're some kind of monster I might have been lead to I might be slightly annoyed." (Grumbles) "Stupid angels".

How does your MC feel about books, games, movies and tv? Which ones do they like best and which not? Has that changed at any point in their lives?

zoupskim likes this.
  11. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Alec Shorman: "Marvel nerd, born and bred, and I've always wanted to play Dungeons & Dragons. I don't think I ever would've realized how different I was from normal people were it not for the facts that a) the 'Lawful Evil' alignment always sounded better to me than any of the Good ones, and b) I always liked the Green Goblin and Apocalypse more than Spider-Man and the X-men.

Granted, going to prison when I was 15 meant I had to pretend to 'outgrow' my nerdiness pretty quickly, but since getting out I've been very pleased to find out that adults loving comic books and RPGs has become a lot more mainstream than it was a decade ago. And that there are some fantastically R-rated comics I wasn't aware of as a kid: [singsong] 'when the world is full of care and every headline screams despair...' "

Charlie Petersen: "When I was a little girl, I never understood why all my sisters loved the Disney Princesses. Not Mulan, Mulan was a badass, but I always liked Bill Nye the Science Guy better than the sniveling airheads who never actually did anything. Never understood either why everyone thought Ursula was the bad guy.

Since growing up and realizing that crime is the only thing that pays, I've generally spent more time looking at cop/robber dramas for job research than looking at anything for entertainment: what good-paying crimes have the writers come up with, how did/didn't the criminals get away with committing them, would something like that work in the real world or not... any entertainment I look for is generally X-rated."

Amy Carmine: "I've been keeping up with Sid Meier's Civilization series ever since my parents introduced me to game II, but I've always had a soft spot for the Complete edition of the 3rd game, it all went downhill from there. Civilizations II had no difference between playing as one country or another, so there was no real reason to have the different options in the first place, Civilization IV always felt disconnected because the tech tree was completely impossible to look at and understand at a glance how far you were from two different techs you wanted, and Civilization V onwards has used hexagonal maps that you can't make numberpad-shortcuts for moving your units around without the mouse.

I also love listening to Kelly Clarkson, Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Demi Lovato etc. more than I imagine most self-respecting serial killers would admit in mixed company (and I f***ing dare you to tell my brother about that little 'serial killer' bit)."

Jason Carmine: "I've always loved cooperative games like Pandemic and Forbidden Island where the game itself is the enemy, not the person next to you. Why does everybody else tend to care about dividing the world into 'winners' and 'losers' more than they care about people doing things together?"

Does your MC enjoy the genre that said character is a part of, or would the character prefer to be part of a different genre?

zoupskim likes this.
  12. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Does your MC enjoy the genre that said character is a part of, or would the character prefer to be part of a different genre?

Marckus would be just as much at home where he is now, as in any other genre that has intense combat. Kind of the Jack of all Trades type when it comes to large and small wars and fights.

Why does your MC do what they do, do they enjoy it or not, and if they could change careers would they?

Oscar Leigh and zoupskim like this.
  13. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah- "I do some stuff every now and then, currently at a grocery store, you know, grunt work. I do do random magicky stuff when my angel tells me to though. Yay. Yeah, I kinda don't know what I want to do. Probably just retire, hahaha."

What is your MC's relationship history?

zoupskim and Cave Troll like this.
  14. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

I would do my MCs from my novel but they don't really have any relationship history so here is someone from my short story. He's a bit over-developed for a short story but that's because he was going to be in a full scale novel but it crumbled at the planning stages.

?Short story?, Tim- "First we have Emily, she kisses well. However, she decided I don't which was a bit of a shame. Then we have Anna, she didn't like my cooking, as in the fact I cooked at all. Mary, she said she'd wait but... we won't get into that, Sophia, she was so romantic, she wanted run away to sea and did so, but with someone else...then there's Polly, Martha, Harriet, Hannah..."

What would your MC do if someone insulted their intellectual capabilities?

zoupskim and Cave Troll like this.
  15. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah- "Someone called me an idiot? Meh. Fuck you too mate."

What has been the lowest moment of your MC's life?

I.A. By the Barn and zoupskim like this.
  16. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Dying was hard to accept at first. They tell you the transition to wireless energy is seemless, but there's definitely a different feeling to it. It's like... I dunno. I just always feel anxious, now.

I.A. By the Barn and Oscar Leigh like this.
  17. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

What is your MC's vision for a perfect family?

18. I.A. By the Barn

Dragon child, Arthur- "You get married to someone, you could have children, I suppose. But you've got to love them."

How does your MC get annoyed at?
    (Who)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    Oscar Leigh likes this.
  19. Oscar Leigh

Do you mean "who" Who does my MC get annoyed at?

Isiah- "Well, we all know one of those is a certain holy individual. But also demons. Demons are the worst."

Tea or coffee for your MC? Or both?

I.A. By the Barn and Cave Troll like this.
  20. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Marckus and Graxis like coffee. And Graxis and Corlixia swing for either tea or coffee. :p

Who is close to your MC, why, and what would they do if they lost that individual?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  21. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah- "I guess Xandiel is kind of my mentor. My Gandalf, hah. He's been there for a long time, he was my "imaginary friend" once upon a time."

How does your MC want their funeral?

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  22. I.A. By the Barn

Arthur- "It can be any way it needs to be, I don't even need one really. I mean there will be one, me being the chosen one and everything but there isn't really a need to stand around in black, being sad, staring at a wooden box. It's a waste of time and money. Just put me in the ground."
    Lu- "I'd rather it be a small affair, and I'd rather be cremated. By a dragon."

What would your MC do if it started raining and they had no coat?

Shbooblie and Oscar Leigh like this.
  23. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah-"Um, run? Like most people? I don't have weather powers."

How does your MC start their morning?

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  24. Shbooblie

Shbooblie Senior Member

Corbin - "I wake up at about 11am. I like to start my day watching shitty daytime television with a glass of something nice from my secret stash. Makes me feel a little bit better about myself - because as shitty as life can be sometimes, at least I'm not married to one of the 'real housewives' of Orange County."

Your MC has joined a band. What genre of music/ instrument would they play?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  25. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah- (Grinning widely)"I can do a rockin' piano!'"

What thing is MC proudest about and what is there biggest insecurity? (Reminded to put spoilers in spoiler tags or something)

Shbooblie likes this.