what would your MC do?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by J_Jammer, Jan 1, 2011.

1. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Arthur: I really like the impressionism movement, the paintings work really well. It fascinates me how the mind just fills in the details with just suggestions from the artist, and each painting has so much character.
    Lu: I really like romanticism, the stark bleakness of much of it is so powerful and blows me away. Much of it reminds me of home.

Someone is insulting a friend of your MC, what do they do?

Simpson17866 likes this.
  2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Lilana: Well they are either very brave or very foolish. Abrakza will gladly get them in a vulnerable position, and then remove their tongue. Proceeded by slapping them with it until the ordeal no longer amuses her.

Your MC is challenged to a friendly game of poker by the Antagonist, what do they do?

Oscar Leigh and I.A. By the Barn like this.
  3. I.A. By the Barn

Arthur: Can't we play backgammon instead? I don't exactly know how to play poker...

Your MC is invited to a film premiere, what do they wear and what do they do on the red carpet?

Oscar Leigh and Cave Troll like this.
  4. Cave Troll

Lilana- However will she find the time? Between being a very busy executive for a prestigious company, and having to keep a watchful eye on her human boyfriend Isaac from having another affair. The Night Elf has enough on her plate already. But if she were to attend such a gala she would wear something elegant and flattering to her seductive body and ashen complexion. And stride across the red carpet trying to ignore the gawkers that are undressing her with their lust peepers as she walks the carpet with her boyfriend in a tailored black suit and tie.

What activity does your MC avoid at all cost, and why do they avoid it?

matwoolf and I.A. By the Barn like this.
  5. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Alec: I actually can't think of anything that I would avoid wholesale. There's things I don't like to do, sure, but if my friend needs me to do something, I do it. That's what friendship is, how exactly their friend in the first place if I don't help them when they need me to do something?

Wait, does "letting my friends down" count? I guess that counts.

... Actually, come to think of it, getting drunk in front of Amy's baby brother probably wouldn't be the best idea. Jason doesn't even like knowing we're drug dealers, let alone that I got back at the b****** who raped his sister. Why would I risk telling him A) that teaching Frisky a lesson was a team effort; Amy wasn't just involved, she actually worked the guy over even worse than I did, or B) that she's the Richmond Ripper who's been making headlines for almost 2 years?

You know what, maybe change that to "getting drunk in front of anybody except Amy and Charlie." Sure, Random Guy wouldn't take it personally the way Jason would, but he could sure as hell get the police involved.

Charlie: 1) Talking about my feewings. 2) Getting drunk in front of anybody but Alec and Amy. I got enough enemies already, can't afford to be vulnerable.

Amy:
    Same as Alec and Charlie: getting drunk anytime it's not just the three of us. Also pretty much anything that interrupts whatever I'm in the middle of already. If my "friend" doesn't respect the fact that I'm not at his beck and call for every second of every day, then I guess he's not really my friend in the first place, now is he?

And talking to my parents. Even if you did have the right to control your 15-year-old daughter's life at some point, you still lost it when you told her it was her fault she got raped by a senior twice her size.

(OOC: can I just thank everybody again for making me realize that my WIP works so much better with Amy having made headlines as a name-level serial killer?)

What is your MC most likely to forget to do in the morning?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Cave Troll and zoupskim like this.
  6. Simpson17866

Alec: Getting up. After 7 years in Beckley FCI, not being forced out of bed at 0600 every day makes it tempting to just lay there for hours after my alarms have technically gone off.

Charlie: Asking my friends how their day's going.

Amy: Showering, brushing my teeth, and having breakfast. 5 years getting kicked out of homeless shelters for disrupting everybody with night terrors, shampoo and toothpaste are a couple of habits that you fall out of pretty quickly, and I'm still getting used to the fact that my motel room has its very own refrigerator.

What celebrity does your MC consider him/herself to be the most like?

7. I.A. By the Barn

Lu: Florence Nightingale, but a tad different because I have magic. And a dragon.

Your MC comes home (or where they are currently residing) and find the place ransacked. They think they can see someone slip away. What do they do?

8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Tevin: He checks to see that Bren is unhurt. He loves Bren dearly and knows that Bren is too ignorant of life away from the trappings, cloister and physical comfort of his family's big house outside of town. Once he assures himself of Bren's safety, he goes looking for the interloper.

Your MC is in a foreign land at an open market and s/he's hungry. S/he doesn't speak the language and hasn't got a clue as to what the food items even are. How does s/he buy some food?

9. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Jaraley: Observes locals and buys whatever they buy. He also asks for the best way to prepare it.
    Thryaleos: Asks the shopkeeper to give him whatever he likes best.

It's weekend after a long and very stressful week and the grass in the garden is uncut. It's a beautiful, sunny day. What does your MC do?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  10. Simpson17866

Alec: Don't really see that happening, I still got to catch up on Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, House of Cards, Game of Thrones, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, by the way that last one is Amy's fault: I mentioned before going to prison that I was a huge fan of Firefly, Amy binged on it and went looking for more works by the same guy, then we re-connected after a few years and she convinced me that Buffy wasn't as girly-girly as I'd thought it would be.

Charlie: Mow the grass to unwind.

Amy: I'd have to check my schedule first. It's been pretty difficult over the last few years, but I'm trying to get back into planning my days deliberately instead of just reacting to one thing after another. Not that it was easy as a kid either, parents don't tend to be real big on the whole "free will" idea when they're talking about anybody except themselves, but I was still pretty good at coming up with plans for myself around whatever randomness they tried to shove down my throat at the last minute.

What illegal drug would tempt your MC the most and why?

Kinzvlle likes this.
  11. I.A. By the Barn

Arthur: I don't know...possibly some type of opiates. Why? You don't need to know why. You do? I just have a little trouble with sleep, alright?

Your MC sees a member of authority verbally and physically abuse a stranger. Do they step in? If so, what do they do? If not, why not?

12. PGWhyte

PGWhyte Member

Jay: Hey Harry, see that cop over there?
    Harry: Yeah, I see im.
    Jay: Isn't he the one that booked you for being under the influence?
    Harry: Yep
    Jay: Lets go home

Your MC is confronted with a choice of super power, what would he choose and why?

Malisky likes this.
  13. PhantomThief

PhantomThief New Member

Danny: Stay behind me, Asriel, I'll protect you... no matter what. By any means necessary...
    Asriel: Please don't do this, Brother.
    Danny: Using his power is the only way to live. The power of a demon lord. Raw hellfire and war pounding through me. It sounds scary but so... inviting.
    Asriel: Please, Dan, you'll be just like him!
    Danny: And that will be just enough to save us both.

Your MC is faced with betrayal from the ones they love. What do they do?

14. Cave Troll

Well I actually posted a short story in the Erotica section of the short story thread. And I don't think it would be polite to get into it in the particulars
    of the inner workings of what an MC has done after she was betrayed by her loved one. Though I will say you can go here to get the tale of revenge based
    upon the others betrayal : https://www.writingforums.org/threads/consequence-and-punishment-2817-words-and-2-4.148376/

It will explain what happens in one form of betrayal and revenge between lovers in a dark way. :)

Your MC is caught up in making a decision to save 1 of 2 characters that are close to them. Which would they save/condemn, and why
    did they decide to save/condemn each? Also how would they save them from being captured/how would they die, based on your MCs
    choice of who to save/condemn.

15. I.A. By the Barn

(Arthur and Greenscales)
    Lu:
    First I would make sure that they can't both be saved, it would be nicer if they both were however if that's not possible I'd save Arthur. I mean Greenscales is like a sister and everything but she's from an almost extinct species. It would be pointless. Arthur needs saving because... But I would attempt to save both. I'll probably cry a lot too. No one shouts at a girl who is crying. No one blames someone who tries.

Your MC has just dined and wined at a fancy restaurant with someone very important. Your MC was going to pay but they find they haven't got their purse/wallet anymore, what do they do?

Cave Troll likes this.
  16. Simpson17866

Jason: I would initially freak out that my wallet was stolen, but then I'd calm down, ask my new friend if I could pay him back tomorrow for handling the check tonight, then talk to security about whether they can find the thief on camera. I really don't want my sister to find out, she'd just tell her friend Alec, and he's already shown himself comfortable enough with violence to scare me that he'd do something horrible if he found the thief before the cops have a chance.

What country does your MC wish that s/he could've been born in?

17. Simpson17866

Jason: One of those Nordic ones – Sweden, Denmark, Norway, someplace like that. The Nordic model is "we want people to do good things, so we want to invest in the college education to train people to do good things," but the American model is "we want money, but if people start getting good jobs then we'd have to give them money, therefor we have to make college as expensive as possible to make up for having to pay them later."

What would be your MC's favorite pick-up line to use (or to receive)?

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  18. Cave Troll

Marckus: "Pick-up lines are for those that don't have anything interesting to say to an attractive lady."

What is the scariest thing your MC has done, and what did they do?

19. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

To date probably a swim (using the word loosely) in a freezing cold , flooding river as the only way of penetrating enemy lines, ( although that said taking on a huge number of psychotic enemy tribesmen while armed only with a knife in an effort to save his freind probably also comes close)

(also out of order It's weekend after a long and very stressful week and the grass in the garden is uncut. It's a beautiful, sunny day. What does your MC do? - He'd deploy a DK69 flame weapon - yay no more grass, lets get drunk)

Given unlimited choice where would your Mc go on vacation and why ?

Cave Troll and I.A. By the Barn like this.
  20. Simpson17866

Alec: Someplace with a beach, roller coasters, good food, lots of hot chicks, and somewhere for the nerds to get together to play D&D and argue about the new Marvel Cinematic 'Verse. Are there roller coaster parks in San Diego?

Charlie: Vegas. Bars, cards, desperate guys, girl's got it easy.

Amy: I'd want to find either a Ren Faire, or an extended LARPing convention. And not one where you're just waving the weapons around, I want something like Dagorhir's Ragnarok where you're physically trying to hit the other person as hard as you can.

Jason: I'd probably just stay home and watch Netflix all day, maybe read something or play Civ III, go for a run, have dinner at Chipotle. Not normally one for driving across the country when you can do something anywhere you go.

What would your MC do if denied the opportunity to enjoy their favorite activity for a month?

21. I.A. By the Barn

Arthur: I would go far away, really far away. Just as far away as possible from Lu. She's rather annoying currently.

Where are your MCs morals? Like at which point would they say that's too far. On a scale of stamping on a beetle to mass genocide.

22. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Blade : Mass genocide could be justifiable if the people concerned are enemies ... well may be not women and childen, but I've no problem shooting prisoners

Keri : Really, Mass Genocide, well your sleeping alone tonight Blade ... I've no problem killing someone in a combat situation, but i don't approve of violence against those who can't fight back

Aidan (originally from the celtic gods role play but now Mc in his own short story) , Kill them all and let the gods sort them out I say... not unarmed women, though , I might be a sell sword but i'm not a ****ing bandit

What is your MCs favourite meal ?

23. I.A. By the Barn

(Aidan has his own story!? :cheerleader:)

Jonquil:
    I do not need food! I feast upon bloodshed alone!!!!! Though some hunter's chicken wouldn't be bad.

Your MC is having an argument with their significant other, about something stupid and petty, however they slap your MC. How do they react? And what would they be arguing about?

24. big soft moose

Blade and Keri are each others significant other - Blade would never hit a woman in those circumstances, and if Keri slapped him he'd properly block the blow and hold her till she'd calmed down ... they'd probably be arguing about his propensity for killing prisoners (and anyone who looks at them funny)

Aidan is sworn to remain a virgin so for him it doesnt come up (pun intended)

What does your MC think works for a hang over ? (and don't say drinking heavily the night before , thats Blades's line)

(and yep i'm about 2/3 of the way through writing Aidans prequel based on the history I worked out for him for the RP - Aengus the toad kills his father in battle and then sacks his home killing his mother and sisters, aidan (then known as "acran piss brekes") becomes the tormented plaything/servant of Aengus's men , one night Agronna goddess of carnage makes (very steamy) love to him sealing a bargain that gives him amazing skill at arms in return for forsaking all mortal women and utter fidelity to her ... he then uses this skill at arms to kill all of aenguses band, including hacking off the head of Aengues's son and hurling it the length of the mede hall before Aengus dies of his wounds - Aidan "remade Aidan Darcy, baptised in the blood of the warrior band" goes off to the life of a sell sword, leaving only Aengus pleasure women and serving girls alive to tell the tale)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  25. Commandante Lemming

Commandante Lemming Contributor Contributor

Edit: Wow - somehow I got the wrong question - oh well.

Let's see...different MC's from different worlds...

Nina: Pop Art - most of her stuff is fandom kitsch, so Roy Liechtenstein appeals to her.

Claramilla: Anything old and nautical - preferably with storms.

Rossweisse: Late medieval illuminated Jewish manuscripts. Words speak louder than pictures.

Praxedes: Turn-of the 20th century art lusography - before that, Atlantian paintings were either stuffy old dudes in their tribal finery or Anti-European tribal dot patterns that don't look like anything. It wasn't until people started taking pictures that you could see the world for what it actually was.

Mahafrin: "Art movements? Does HammerClash music count? Seriously, I'm going to need a few more shots of Arak if you want me to pretend I care about 18th Century Parthian Impressionism."

Your MC's best friend drags them to a symphony - what happens?

Cave Troll likes this.