what would your MC do?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by J_Jammer, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Markus has no need to go back to the past, in fact he is haunted by his own blood filled nightmares at being in so many campaigns.
    After seeing all the atrocities of war, and currently in the middle of a campaign against an entire planet. One does not simply forget
    the horrors of the many millions lying torn apart by such a dreadful affair. Civilian and Military lives ruined.

Graxis would much rather be in the future than the past. Centuria has a particularly gruesome and divided history, from the
    days of the clans, to the century of civil war and death of the last king before he was born. Perhaps the present will do just fine
    cleaving through Confederation soldiers and Mercs, knowing that in their blood shed upon his blades Terra will be that much
    closer to being free from the global Tyranny that has a strangle hold on the planet.

Corlixia would probably go back to her first day of inception as a living creature, to understand and learn of her true origins.
    So perhaps about 1000 years into the past and a few quadrillion kilometers.

Your MC is the Submissive of a Dom/Domina (depending on their sexual prefrence) that enjoys extensive Roleplay
    Scenes, from the basic punishment all the way up to themes such as Teacher/Student and Nurse(Doctor)/Patient
    (and what ever else you can think of). What type of Scene would they enjoy, why, and how would they like to have
    it executed in detail?

2. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Shenanigan Master Contributor

I like this thread too much to let it die, but I am not answering that last one. So, dug up one from last page and I'll do it instead.

Fredrick: "In some countries I'm already wanted for treason. Their rulers were cruel and deserved to die. If I got caught . . . used to be I'd wait for my friends to get me out. Nowadays though, I'd probably have to face my death with as much dignity as I can."

Jason: "I'd try to convince them that I wouldn't do such a thing. If I don't like how a place is run, I'd just pack up and leave. I really hope they'd listen, but if not I'd escape and flee the country and avoid it from then on."

Sharon wouldn't even bother to explain how she got framed. Just sit silently, glaring at everyone. After all it's not like she can actually do anything.

Does your MC like tea, coffee or other? And how do they take it?

3. PilotMobius

PilotMobius Active Member

Dave : "I start every day with a heavy dosage of coffee and nanomachines."

What is your MC's choice of firearm? (If they don't have one or don't want one, what would they prefer if forcibly given a choice?)

4. Stuart B

Stuart B Member

Bartholomew Jackson - Thief extraordinaire and most famous criminal in the Low Realms (so he thinks):

"I'm more of a throwing dagger man myself. Long bows and cross bows are fine but you can hardly conceal something that big. They are not very good for stealth is what I am saying... And don't even get me started on how cumbersome they are. They take for ever to load. They are a nightmare. Throwing daggers are much better."

Bartholomew suddenly has a dagger in his hand and starts doing tricks with it as he talks. Balancing on his finger, letting drop, catching it, spinning it around his fingers, typical showing off stuff.

"With a throwing dagger you can react quickly and accurately. Especially when it is someone as skilled as I. I never miss my... Ow! Son of a..."

The dagger drops to the group and Bartholomew starts sucking the fresh cut on his finger

How would your MC react if they found out someone they through was a friend was an enemy?

5. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

Cherry: Kill them.

What which path would your character choose? The path that goes betwixt or the path inherent? Path is what you think of first when you read this.

zoupskim and Stuart B like this.
  6. Stuart B

Stuart B Member

*Bartholomew spends a confused afternoon in private looking through a collection of dictionaries for the word betwixt and inherent while muttering to himself*

"What the heck is she talking about... Is that Elvish? Doesn't anyone speak English any more?"

*Four hours later he returns with his answer, trying to sound as if he knows what he is talking about*

"Ah yes. Would I take the path betwixt or inherent? As a thief who prides himself on going undetected I would take the path least expected... Which is of course the... er... betwixt?" He unsuccessfully tries to keep the questioning sound out of his voice. "Anyway, what I mean is the obvious route are always the ones filled with traps and alarms. No, no. It's much better to take the unexpected route... Unless of course they expect you to do that and put traps there too... I hate it when they do that."

Someone is about to reveal your MCs most embarrassing secret. How do they react?

Seraph751 likes this.
  7. Seraph751

Seraph751 If I fell down the rabbit hole... Contributor

@Stuart B Lol my ribs !

8. Jay Lafountain

Jay Lafountain New Member

Remnant, Shadowclan, or 1776 New York City

Amethyst: She would probably break down at first, and then get furious at them and end up avoiding them and doing anything they can to stop them from hurting her real friends. She cares much about her friends and family and if she found out one was a traitor she would be crestfallen, and then have all of that empty sadness charged up with fury until she explodes, possibly injuring or even killing them.

Topaz: He would be shocked. He wouldn't let them know it, though, and would do all in his power to stop them from hurting anyone. He prefers to go through things without a fight if possible, and that's what he would do. Topaz would be very hurt on the inside, and if it did come to a fight he would eventually attack. He most likely would not kill anyone though.

Soleis: He wouldn't believe it. He would be frustrated and shocked, but he wouldn't be as melancholy as he should be because of his ADD/attention disorder. He may possibly attack, but he isn't much of a fighter. He would make sure to spread the word and tell everyone he knows, so that they could learn about the traitor. He would be cold and distant to them, and he would protect anyone in his Pack with his life if need be against the enemy.

Lumus: Lumus, though a good fighter and trained in killing (manipulated into training, you could say) would not kill. He would be shocked, like anyone, but he would try to talk them out of it because he knows how it feels to be manipulated and called evil for something you didn't even know you were in. If they still say a part of the enemy forces and is not swayed, he will only attack if they come near him and his family. If they were attacking Lillith, he would throw himself into battle in a fury, determined to not let her be hurt anymore then she already is.

9. MusingWordsmith

Fredrick would try to convince them not to. If it's someone he knows well, he'd beg and threaten to reveal something embarrassing he knows about them in turn. If they are undeterred, he'd grit his teeth and bear the embarrassment.

Jason would panic. He'd beg them not to, try to talk over them so no one can actually hear what their saying, even go as far as to cover their mouth with his hands and try to hold it shut. All in all act more embarrassing than the actual secret is. Whenever it's told, he'd go beet red and hide somewhere pitifully obvious, moaning about how his life is now over.

Sharon would have a fit. She'd start screaming, going from 'don't you dare's, to insults, to death threats. She'd throw anything she had handy at him/her, and if there's nothing she'd splash at them. Afterwards she would sink below the surface of her tank water and turn her back to everyone, refusing to even look at anyone for a while. (Fun fact, her most embarrassing secret is . . . she can't actually swim. Her tank's too small for her to actually do so, and since she's been trapped in it since she was tiny, she forgot.)

If your MC could change something physical about him/herself, what would it be?

10. Cave Troll

Marckus: Even with all the tehno crap out there these days, I still can't grow hair.
    You can bet your ass that I am not going to wear a wig, I will just deal with being
    folicly impaired due to that lovely bout playing with fire. I just hope when all is
    said and done that the Uldivarions don't pick up the same habit as the Greys on
    Terra and Mars respectively have, in placing wigs on their smooth heads to appeal
    more to Terrans. Fucking weird thing if you ever saw a little Grey woman running
    around with long blonde locks covering her smooth hairless head.

Your MC is on a train with their family, and they miraculously know that another
    will be coming right at them at some point in time causing a horrific crash that will
    kill 90% of the people on both trains. What do they do, and how do they go about
    in the very least saving themselves and their family from this unavoidable event?

11. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell Banned Contributor

My MC wouldn't just save herself and her family. She 'd stop the train she's on, run at the incoming train jump through it's windscreen and blow all it's fuses by sending a huge current through the wiring in order to ensure it stops on time she'd go outside and push it back. Once again the day is saved.

If it's some weird magic that guarantees it's unavoidable no matter what she does, if her family is there, aka her brother, he can offload the 10% that can survive using his ghost servant. My MC will blame herself for that and nigh kill herself training to ensure that doesn't happen again. But first they will investigate the crash site.

She doesn't take personal failure well.

If your MC was offered the chance to become a completely different species that is stronger and faster and has better magic, and their face changes like with Eragon's transformation. But the drawbacks are unknown or never stated.How do they react?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  12. MusingWordsmith

Fredrick: "Would it fix my back? If so I'm in."

Jason: "Well, I'm pretty happy with my abilities, and my face, as they are. So, I think I'd have to decline."

Sharon wouldn't admit it, but she'd go for it too. Part of her hates being a mermaid and given the chance to fit in better with everyone else, she'd take it.

Is your MC prejudiced in some way? If so, how?

13. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Alec: I'm a Lawful Evil egalitarian. I'm a white guy with no problem shooting you in the face if my black female boss tells me to do it, I got no problem with the fact that my female best friend is a better killer than I am, and I see one hint of a Stars and Bars on some redneck's pickup, first thing I wanna do is hang him from a tree, see how he likes it.

I'm not something you see every day, I realize that. Though bigots would certainly claim that I represent the egalitarians in general more than I really do. Oh, well.

Charlie: I don't think about gender and race at all, does that count? Passive apathy about discrimination's the next best thing to active, hateful discrimination itself, "First they came for the Communists" and all that?

Amy: Let's see: 15 years old, I get raped by a 19-year-old man twice my size and everybody takes his side. 5 years later, I'm on the street and the only PTSD treatment I can find without the money for professional help is serial murder. Year after that, the only steady job I can get is enforcing for a drug dealer. I sure do love the police, don't I?

Is your MC on extremely good terms with any of their ex-flames? Extremely bad terms with any others?

14. Oswiecenie

Oswiecenie Active Member

MC 1: Stuff either works out or it doesn't. There's no purpose in wasting any further thoughts on stuff that didn't work out.

MC 2: Exes, by definition, are completely amoral beings... like tapeworms or liver flukes.

MC 3:
    X will never be capable of having a healthy relationship and I'm glad that we're done, but hanging around with and listening to her is fun, in a very wicked way. Her life is like a car crash - objectively terrible, but you'd feel like missing out on something if you don't stay at the site and watch.

Which wacky conspiracy theories do your characters believe in?

15. Cave Troll

Corlixia: Believe it or not, most thought me a rumor and legend of nightmare when I went by the title of Mother Confessor.
    Perhaps because of my reclusive existence and nature when I was on Ceres. So I suppose since I was a well kept secret from
    the public by every Faction leadership in the galaxy, that I would be considered a conspiracy theory after a fashion.

What is the most outrageous thing that your MC believes?

16. Lilly986

Lilly986 New Member

Abigail: She would probably start planning her escape the second she woke up, antagonizing the cops, and her cell mates the entire time she is there. Probably get beat up a few times, and enjoy it. She loves causing chaos, so would try to open all the cells before she leaves to see the riot, if not she would just try to get out asap.

What would your MC do if they woke up in jail... for murder?

17. Kerilum

Kerilum Active Member

"Worth"

What would your MC do if they realized they were close friends with a psychopath?

18. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

That's actually happened in my story - the main antag was once the MMC's friend before the antag and his team went rogue and became mercenaries. Eventually the MC is going to kill him but that won't happen till book two.

19. Phens97

Phens97 New Member

Carolina has never see a movie, but her favorite would probably be V for Vendetta

What song lyrics would be your MC's favorite?

Cave Troll likes this.
  20. Cave Troll

Marckus:
    Meet the Monster
    Five Finger Death Punch

It's not that complicated and you ain't gotta believe
    They'll put me down in a hole before I let you succeed
    I've never been complacent, I can't afford to be
    I know you think you're special but you ain't nothin'

Can you read between the lines?
    Or are you stuck in black and white?
    Hope I'm on the list of people that you hate
    It's time you met the monster that you have helped create
    Boo!

You've pushed me one too many times
    I'm sick of all of the fiction, we're gonna settle it
    You've pushed me one too many times
    I'm sick of all of the shit, I'm gonna settle it!

It's not that complicated and you ain't gotta believe
    They'll put me down in a hole before I let you succeed
    I've never been complacent, I can't afford to be
    I know…

Graxis:
    Who We Are
    Machine Head

This is who we are
    This is what I am
    We have nowhere else to go
    Divided we will stand

We are the ugly
    Beaten and torn
    Brooding with power and ready for more
    We are the hungry
    Sick of this world
    Of robbers of thieving
    Of vultures unfurled

We have been left on our own
    Be all the lost longing for home
    We are the unwanted lives
    Strung out and angry the deprived

We are the young
    And young at heart
    The strong and the brave that are destined to start
    We are the change
    The world needs to see
    Look in our eyes and see our belief

This is who we are
    This is what I am
    Divided we will stand

We are the broken
    Meant to be left
    Damaged and headless like dolls in a chest
    We are the future
    Seeds that you've sown
    In dirt that won't ever grow turns now to stone

We have been hung out to dry
    We are the drunken
    We are the high
    We despise this human race
    Look in our eyes and sell your disgrace

This is who we are
    This is what I am
    Divided we will stand

Dream
    Into glory we will ride
    Be unbridled in determination burn the seasons
    Into glory we will ride
    Be unbridled in determination
    Burn the seasons

We are the savage
    Meant to be brought to justice
    To be thrown in jail and left to rot
    We are the other American dream
    Whose characters fight for their lives

And they scream
    We have been left disavowed
    Those of the black
    Not of the shroud
    We won't hear religious lies

Their God has left us to die
    This is who we are
    This is what I am
    Divided we will stand

This is who we are
    This is what I am
    Divided we will stand

Corlixia:
    Fear Factory-Fear Campaign

Hate, war and terror, murder, disaster
    Rape, drugs and violence, lost in our failure
    Fear is suffering, intimidate to obey
    Fear is control, suffering is hell
    Police enforce obedient behavior
    Manufactured weapon of conformity
    Fears of war and pestilence
    Fear of loss and failure
    Fear the hate of your enemy
    Fear your god and savior
    Savior, failure
    What do you fear?

It is the most strategic tool used to manipulate
    Intimidation to make me weak in order to obey
    Strategy to manipulate, paralyze, intimidate
    Righteous greed suffocates, a powerful fear campaign
    Mind killing, restricting
    Fear is the enemy on my path
    Fears of war and pestilence
    Fear of loss and failure
    Fear the hate of your enemy
    Fear your god and savior
    Savior, failure
    What do you fear?
    Fear is your God

What would your MC do if they had to pay for all the damage they caused, as a result of their actions? Could they afford to pay for the damages?

21. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Blade : We've already paid in the blood of our friends, you can take your demands for cash, roll them into a nice pointed tube and ram them right up, and if you want to make something of it, REMF, you'll find us ready enough.

What is your MC's favorite food ?

22. PrincessBLJack

PrincessBLJack New Member

Candy Jane: Oh! Pecans!

What's your MCs favorite Element on the Periodic Table?

23. Stuart B

Stuart B Member

Bartholomew Jackson: "Gold!"

What guilty pleasure does your MC have?

24. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Dot: Oxygen, you dolt.
    Edit: I was beaten to that.
    Dot: I do like the odd card game I suppose.

It's the zombie apocalypse, where would one find your character and what are they doing?

25. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Alec: I really shouldn't like Alien: Resurrection after all the ways Joss Whedon was screwed over in the writing and the production, but the movie itself is so much fun in a "So Bad, It's Good" way that I try to convince myself that Joss Whedon was doing a parody of the Alien series.

Charlie: Mulan's a badass.

Amy: I'm not completely over how prudish I became as a teenager, but lately I'm starting to like dressing up pretty for my "dates" a lot more than I thought I would.

Alec: Oh, this is going to be good! We're gonna get all sorts of cool weapons together, we're gonna recruit a bunch of biker gangs into our army of post-apocalyptic raiders on a warpath across the wasteland – or wipe out the ones who don't join us – and most importantly, we're gonna need to come up with a cool name for our army that the world will run from screaming!

Charlie: We're going to have to set up a home base with plenty of food where no one will find us.

Amy: You mean I can kill thousands of people every day and not get in trouble for it? HELLS TO THE F***ING YES!!!! When do we start?

What is the biggest mistake that your MC is glad that they made?