what would your MC do?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by J_Jammer, Jan 1, 2011.

1. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Nah that was 50 years ago we're just dealing with the aftermath now

Blade : Having sex with a subordinate, I said I never would, but then I fell in love with her so it all worked out well in the end

If your MC was playing this game what question would they ask ?

2. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Alec: "Which Dungeons and Dragons Character Are You?" I'd want to know Class, Race, and Ability Scores for what you're good at, Level for how good you are at it, and Alignment for what you use it for.

I'd probably be a Lawful Evil Half-Elf Rogue: not too good in a fair fight, but I'm very persuasive and very quick to make the first move so the fight's over before I need to fight fair. I'd actually go with Bard if Bards could be Lawful, but back in 3.5 they got a very strong rule against that.

I'd be about level 2 or 3: pretty good, but not a world-class level 4-5 grandmaster, let alone a level 6+ superhuman

And I'd have physical scores just a little bit above average (maybe 12-13) with mental scores just a little bit above that (maybe 14-15).​

Charlie: "Which illicit substance would you like?" Personally, heroin.

Amy: "Which legendary serial killer are you?" I'm straight, have a social life, and am neither a drug addict nor a prostitute, but overall I'd probably be Aileen Wournos. Raped as a girl, not protected by my parents, so I ran away, lived on the streets, and killed guys to support myself.

Granted, as a person who has serially killed in my life, I've since become more of a Dennis Rader or a Richard Kuklinski – ever since getting a day job enforcing for a drug dealer, killing outside of work has become boring and I haven't done it in a while – but back when I was actively serial killing, I was doing it more like Wournos.

What is (or would be, depending on the setting) you MC's favorite fast-food?

3. Wolf Daemon

Wolf Daemon Active Member

Meat, meat, and more meat. Anything with meat.

Who would be your MC's favorite superhero/villain from either the DC or Marvel universes.

4. Simpson17866

Alec: Any bad guy friends/couples who genuinely care about each other and are willing to kill for each other: Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy, Lex Luthor and the Joker, Riddler and Penguin, Absorbing Man and Titania, Crossbones and Sin... Who says bad guys have to be psychopaths?

Charlie: Lex Luthor and Doctor Doom hold steadier day jobs than anyone else.

Amy: I always wished Carnage and the Joker could've gotten along better, but if I had to pick, I'd say Carnage has the better style. Killer Clown, I can get behind, but a lot of times the writers go too far in the Killer Clown direction. Carnage is never goofy, Carnage is a guy who decided to stop trying to be a world-conquering megalomaniac because serial murder was just that much more fun.

What movie or TV series that your MC has seen do they most want to re-watch?

5. Kerilum

Kerilum Active Member

How about a book?

If your character were to partake in an elaborate scheme to rob a bank, what role would they perform?

6. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Marckus: Well since all money is digital on Terra, simply stand around for five minutes or so while a hacker or two dumps the funds.
    But I don't believe in robbing banks. Better to steal the vast amount of precious metals and stones hoarded by the super wealthy
    Chairmen. Bit more equitable while being on the run, as most planets will accept something a tad more tangible.

Your MC is tasked with writing a book, and the author is the main character in their story. What genre do they write, and what types of adventures (or misadventures) do they send their MC on?

7. Phens97

Phens97 New Member

well... that's kind of where my characters live.
    Carolina: you can find her the local saloon, drinking warm ale and fighting anyone who pisses her off. if not there the you'll find her sat atop a semi with a box of rounds, playing her favorite game; pick a color. you pick a color, see a corpse with clothing of that color? pop him, that's one point. rinse and repeat untill you beat you record
    John Sitori: wherever the black market has goods and timid customers seeking plausible deniability in the procurement of contraband, you'll find him there. under a laundry list of different names of course.
    Jonathon Vanderbilt: wherever the US MARSOC sends his unit. you'll generally find them behind Brit lines, doing rough things to bad men.
    John Pierce: he's a mercenary, so you'll find him wherever not-so-legal fighting is needed. he has a particularly notable taste for pro-rebellion jobs
    Stacy Styles: she was last seen alive in the north Mexican dessert. you'll probably find her there. or maybe not, the desert has a way of swallowing people and making them legend
    Natalie Wilson: you'll find her alongside John, being his newfound partner in crime after their story in the federal reserve vault under Jacksonville
    Colin Mcauliffe: running the still or casting lead balls and loading cylinders for his 1858 remington cap and ball

8. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

First, I really like this question, second, my answer is going to be terrible as my characters are like cardboard currently.
    Mirabel: I would quite like to write a romance... though I know it would not suit you I.A. I shall make you blush after every sentence as you do to me and then shelter in the gardens from a rain storm with your lover who'll want to kiss you. I shall make sure you go to balls, dance terribly but your lover will, of course, teach you by the end of the night. It will be such a beautiful story!
    Stephen: Don't worry, you can be a highwayman in mine.
    Mirabel: Even better, you can be a lovable rogue. You shall meet on a stormy night, throw open the carriage doors to demand the money, but when you set your eyes upon... the one... your icy heart shall melt!

Your MC is in a bank when armed robbers charge in. What do they do?

zoupskim and Cave Troll like this.
  9. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    That depends on whose body he's wearing. My MC is permanently disabled and hospitalized, but has the ability to take over other bodies for a time. Usually he tries to take good care of them so that when he leaves, the owners get them back in good shape, but there have been a couple that he's realized he absolutely despised. He might try to get one of those people messed up, although he'd need to make sure that he got clear before any shooting started, since no one knows if he can survive the death of a host body.

Your MC has just realized that his/her drink has been spiked. The drugs are starting to kick in, what do they do?

10. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Shenanigan Master Contributor

Fredrick: Depends on how much he'd had to drink before he was drugged. If it was just a few, he'd be able to think and so he'd stagger off somewhere safe to sleep it off and avoid whoever spiked it. If he'd been fairly drunk when it was spiked, he'd try to fight the person who did it. Anyone who seems vaguely suspicious would do though.

Jason: He wouldn't realize he'd been drugged, total lightweight. If he did realize he'd been drugged, he'd panic and try to find Fredrick or Sharon, latch onto whoever it was and whine about how he'd been drugged why would they do that what reason are they trying to kidnap him? He doesn't want to be kidnapped! Then probably pass out.

Sharon(who is now a human, yay for switching things up, again.): She'd freak out too. First reaction would be looking around, to see if she can see who did it. Second would be slinking off to find Fredrick or Jason and ask them to take her home.

Your MC has been asked by an acquaintance to house-sit for a week. How does it go?

Cave Troll likes this.
  11. Cave Troll

Marckus: Ugh! This civilian shit is for the birds! Well sure hope they do not mind if I help myself to the liquor cabinet,
    and come up with a few security features that are much more sufficient than me...sitting on this overly comfortable
    couch. Its time for a drink and a good book. Sorry mass media box you are about to be neglected. Cannot beat a good
    Martian Whiskey on the rocks, and a good fantasy novel. Ah, peace at last. :)

Graxis: So this is what Terran life looks like. (An extensive and thorough investigation follows.)

Corlixia: Why would you ask something so illogical? Are you expecting it to go somewhere? To the best of my
    knowledge it will still be here when you get back, most dwellings don't just get removed when you leave. Several
    thousands of tonnes of material is a tad challenging to simply move in one large chunk. Alright if you insist.
    (Heavy chains are installed firmly anchoring the house. Then an extensive investigation and reorganization of the
    entire contents ensues for maximum functionality.)

Your MC is asked to come to a school on career day. How does it go?

MusingWordsmith likes this.
  12. OJB

OJB A Mean Old Man Contributor

She performs a five-minute ballet demonstration. Due to her Empathetic Synesthesia is able to experience the emotions of the audience, and is able to tell who is interested, but too embarrassed to speak up. She speaks to the student(s) in private and inspires confidence in them.

Your MC meets their future self. Having only one question, what do they ask?

Cave Troll likes this.
  13. MusingWordsmith

(Phone typing please forgive typos)

Fredrick: "Do I make a difference?"

Sharon: "Are you happy?"

Jason: (blurted out before he can think about it) "Why are you so tall?!"

Your MC is given their worst enemy to do whatever they want with. The catch, said enemy is now 5 years old. What do they do with them?

14. Simpson17866

Alec: I'd ask him if he remembers his life before doing anything else. If he's back to the person he used to be the first time he was 5 years old, then I'd have to warn him about how easy it is to turn into a bully and how you never hurt anyone unless you're trying to help someone else. If he remembers raping my friend Amy, then I'd have to remind him about how she and I got back at him the first time, how it would be so much easier to do so much worse to him now, and how he should be thanking his lucky stars that I ain't gonna hurt a little kid if Charlie and Amy don't need me to.

Though I would tell Amy about the encounter in case she wants to handle it differently.

Charlie: I'd shoot the guy who ratted me out in my last gang. How is this a question?

Amy: I'd ask my mom if she remembers her life. If she's back to the person that she used to be when she was originally 5, then I'd like to give her a warning about turning into a bully when she grows up again, maybe she'll do better this time. If she remembers blaming me for getting raped as a teenager by a man twice my size, then I'm going to show her exactly what it feels like to be powerless and at the mercy of somebody who enjoys violence the way that her golden boy enjoyed it.

What was your MC's favorite class as a child and why?

Cave Troll likes this.
  15. Cave Troll

Markcus: Historical Studies. Truly fascinating to see where we have come, and where we could be headed. Seems learning from
    the past before repeating it again and again is a major flaw in Humans. Always wanted to have a good fight with a dictatorship of
    any sort. Should have known it would be exactly in the last place I would look. How is that for irony, Terra in bed with everything
    it despises. Should hand the reins over to somebody not Human or Grey, and this shit won't happen again. On up side I get to fight
    my own version of the Nazis with a twist. Or is it the NSA? Who the hell cares there both equally shitty factions when it comes down
    to it. All I know is that Orwell was a one hell of a smart SOB.

Graxis: Physical Training. While all of my studies were good for the mind, one needs to be in tune with their body as well. I was a
    restless child.

Corlixia: Well I don't remember my childhood, or even if I were ever a child for that matter. During my basic training, I did take
    classes of sorts. As much as I enjoyed the process of learning to pilot a war-frame, I have to say medical and surgical training
    was far more interesting to me. Possibly as it is the antithesis of what I was doing before I left Ceres. Much more satisfying on
    the conscious to heal than to inflict pain.

IF your MC could meet someone in the past or present; who would it be, what would they talk about, and why did they choose that individual?

16. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

If we count people from the fictional world of my story , Blade and co would like to meet the silly pillock who was patient zero for the wave virus before the outbreak occurs- the content of the conversation would basically revolve around pointing out the multitude of reasons why sex with monkeys isn't a good idea.

If we are limited to real world people they'd like to meet the design team for the LAWS rocket and conversation would centre on how its possible to design something called a light anti tank weapon which is near completely useless against tanks.

What does your MC most like to cook ?

17. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Tim: Potatoes because, goddamn it, there is nothing better than sitting below deck and when people ask what you're doing, you just say, peeling fucking potatoes and everyone leaves you alone. Alright, I would like to bake bread again but there's little chance of that on a ship.
    Whether that is innuendo or not is unknown.
    Does your MC drink? If not, why not? If so, when do they stop?

Cave Troll and Iain Aschendale like this.
  18. Cave Troll

Marckus: Yes I drink. Usually only have one or two to take the edge off, but on few occasions getting totally bombed.
    Sometimes you need an escape from all the hell that I have seen, done, and am going to do.

Graxis: I enjoy a bitter sweet ale from time to time, to unwind.

Corlixia: I have only had perhaps a dozen, at three separate times since leaving Ceres. Not all that enamored with alcohol.

Has your MC ever been attracted to another species (Alien or Fantasy non Human) outside their own? Did they form a relation? Why or why not?

19. QualityPen

QualityPen Member

Yes, on two occasions.

On one he was seduced by The Lady of The Mountain, a magical being who rules a small underground mining kingdom. She appears mostly human but has some magical powers, strong influence over men, and can turn into a lizard. My main character is entranced and stays at her dwelling for a month without realizing it (doing fun things), but the Lady lets him go eventually, she knows he must go and she does not take permanent mates. I don't know if I will decide to eventually (in a later book) reveal that the Lady had his child.

On the other, he is seduced by a kind of forest fairy, so beautiful that when she dances, men are compelled to join. She slowly drains the men of their life energy as they dance. It is said she is so beautiful that women who see her are so jealous that they will never look as attractive as her, that they kill themselves. Luckily for my main character, his recently widowed sister-in-law was able to ignore the fairy's charms and chase her off with a smallsword. Ironically, my MC saved her from a similar fate earlier in the book.

If offered to go back in time to change something in their past, would your MC take this opportunity? What would they change?

20. pamedria

pamedria Member

He wouldn't take the deal, but he would be tempted. He would wish to kill his father sooner, but he always looks to the future anyway.

If your MC was held at knifepoint, what would they do/say?

21. big soft moose

Blade: Only an idiot or someone with a death wish draws a knife on someone with my by name - I would casually slap their knife hand aside whilst driving my own knife into their throat and severing windpipe, arteries, and veins, before watching them die and pissing on their corpse.

Chris : I'm not as good with edged weapons as he is, so I would just pull my Glock and nine them in the head

Keri : With these two around its unlikely that I'd have to defend myself , but if I did I would play the weak and feeble female until the attacker came close enough to knock the knife aside and drive a knee hard into their bollocks.

Your MC has to give a best man's / matron of honors speech at a wedding - who are they giving it for, and what do they say ?

pamedria likes this.
  22. pamedria

pamedria Member

Alzo gives a speech at his uncle's wedding, which was originally planned for his own, but arrangements went south. He gets drunk and remains cheerful yet brutish: "At least these wedding plans aren't totally useless now. *burps* Can't believe someone's actually desperate enough to marry you uncle! An old man with a useless dick. Never thought I would see the day. Congratulations you two idiots. What a fucking time to get married, in the midst of war."

Your MC is being seduced by someone they are attracted to, but that someone is married/involved to the MC's friend.What do they do?

Cave Troll likes this.
  23. Kerilum

Kerilum Active Member

Use her to better of himself.

Your MC suspects someone of plotting an assassination attempt on them. What he do

24. MusingWordsmith

Fredrick: "How strong of a suspicion are we talking about? If I wasn't certain, I'd keep my eyes open and my guard up and look for proof one way or another. When I get proof that he is plotting to kill me, I'd kill him first."

Jason: "Someone's trying to kill me?! Why? What did I do? I don't mean anyone any harm! Please I'll do anything just don't kill me!" (He'd beg them not to kill him, promise to be their loyal servant if they would just spare his life. And would too, until Fredrick came in to rescue him. Again.)

Sharon: "Someone finally decided to put me out of my misery huh?" (Yeah she wouldn't really do anything. Apathetic acceptance of her fate one way or the other.)

What is the biggest change your character's personality has gone through from childhood to adulthood?

25. Simpson17866

Alec: I didn't know I was a sociopath as a kid. I'd always think about how much I loved the villains better than the heroes as characters, but I'd been so conditioned by the people around me to think of the villains as the "wrong" side that I didn't realize how much I personally liked what they were doing more than a normal person would. Now that I get that most people ain't like me, I'm able to embrace the fact that I'm a Bad Guy and to be proud of what my friends and I are capable of as Bad Guys.

Though I am now aware enough not to let normal people know how OK I am with bad things having to happen to good people sometimes. I almost got in trouble as a kid not realizing that what I thought of as "OK" and "not OK" didn't line up with what other kids did, but now I know what to lie about to blend in and how to do it.

Charlie: I always loved science as a girl, and I got into the drug business because I thought I'd be a real-life Walter White. Then I ended up turning cocaine into crack for a street gang instead of making something challenging from scratch for a big-league employer. Can't remember the last time I did science for the sake of science.

Amy: I didn't know I had it in me as a kid to become a serial killer. I loved playing war games with my dad and brother like Risk or Civilization, and when I got raped in high school, I beat the shit out of the guy so I could show him what it felt like, but it wasn't until I was a homeless 20-year-old fighting off PTSD flashbacks that I realized that I wasn't as worried about collateral damage as I was raised to think I was.

For example, I'm doing really well on my anti-anxiety medications right now, I'm going to group tomorrow, and there would be no therapeutic value to bashing your skull in right now because the normal therapies work better for me than serial murder ever did. And yet, if you try telling me that I became a serial killer because I was raped as a kid, I would still bash your skull in despite not needing to do it to keep the nightmares away anymore. Nature trumps nurture every time, and I got a hell of a lot more in common with somebody like Ted Bundy who became a serial killer without surviving trauma himself than I got in common with someone like Lady Gaga who survived violence without becoming violent herself.

... See? Never would've been caught dead saying that as a kid. I also wasn't interested in serial killers until starting to see my own work in the papers, always more interested in military champions like the Red Baron, or Vasily Zaytsev.

What are your MCs' political affiliations (or lack thereof)?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016