what would your MC do?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by J_Jammer, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Kerilum

Kerilum Active Member

Doing it again because this is like the only question I like. Nobody else holds the same views as him due to society being in pre-Industrial times. He gained his views from a family member out studying in the wild. He's basically a mini Ayn Rand but more extreme.

2. VarriedRomance88

VarriedRomance88 New Member

I didn't look for your post Simpson! lol Happy accident that you were the last one I saw a question from.

Cieara: "King Jason Roig is the true King of Karmuny. His bloodline didn't establish his right to the throne; it is his passion for this country and his love and protectiveness of it's people. He fought for this country, he is good and honest. Hes bullheaded and thinks there is only a way in which he or his family must sacrifice for the good of the kingdom. This is why the true Queen of Karmuny is Evelyn; my friend, my sister will help her husband see that our country's future is with him not without Jason."

If your character stubs their toes on the corner of a table how do they react? Intense anger? A certain cuss word?

3. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Shenanigan Master Contributor

Fredrick would say 'ow!', then grit his teeth and hobble around. It's just a stupid stubbed toe, he is a warrior, he can handle it.

Jason, it would depend what mood he's in. If he's feeling scared or mad, he'd make some sort of garbled pained screech and sit down to moodily nurse his toe for a while. If he's in a more normal mood he'd still make the same sort of noise but then he'd go on to loudly describe what just happened and how much it hurts why does it hurt so much this is worse than (insert various painful thing he has experienced). If he's feeling particularly hyper, he'd make some sort of huge dramatic production about how he's dying, please, some sympathy in his last breaths and so on. Although if he's feeling hyper, he's more likely to be falling off the table than stubbing his toe on it.

Sharon would be the one to yell in pain and then yell at the table and kick it, hurting herself worse in the process. Then she'd go punch Jason for laughing at her.

What's something your MC would like to do and is technically possible, but isn't really practical so they don't?

4. Stuart B

Stuart B Member

Bartholomew Jackson - Thief Extraordinaire (so he thinks):

"Ahhh. The thing I have always dream of doing is breaking into the Goblin bank in Cog City. They don't call it the impossible bank for nothing. No thief has ever managed it. Even getting a hold of the plans is almost impossible. I did hear about a thief who made it inside once so it is technically possible but he never made it out. The bank is a constantly shifting maze you and to make matters worse it is sentient... after a fashion at least. Hmmmm. I guess that poor guy is still down there."

What is something your MC's favourite childhood memory?

5. 221BOlympusExpress

221BOlympusExpress Member

Kris: I close my eyes as I rest my head on the soft pillow, so peaceful.. I only just start to drift off into the land of dreams, or nightmares, when the door suddenly bursts open and I'm jerked awake by the rush of voices that sing me Happy Birthday. Before I know it, I am lifted up into my daddy's embrace as he ruffles my hair and says, "Happy Birthday, darling!" I giggle in ecstasy as I realize I've finally crossed 10, turning 11 today.
    I sigh as I am shaken back to reality by the horn of the car behind me in my lane, No one even called me to wish me a happy birthday this morning. Funny how time flies and in it's process, transforms the people in your lives..

zoupskim likes this.
  6. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

(Now you have to ask us something :p)

Cave Troll likes this.
  7. 221BOlympusExpress

Oh yeah sorry,
    What bothers your MC the most in people?

8. SadStories

SadStories Active Member

People's disloyalty. For example all her friends that she never heard from after they were adopted from the orphanage while she had to say there, too plain and ordinary to interest anyone. And her best friend that doesn't even show up to say goodbye when she finally gets a job as a personal maid at a creepy, mysterious mansion.

What is your main character's favorite flavor of soda (please make it weird!), and what's a nice, extensive memory they have with this soda?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Cave Troll likes this.
  9. Simpson17866

Alec: My girlfriend in high school loved mixing ginger ale and fruit punch, and she and I would spend hours finding different combinations, and when she'd first introduced me to her Dungeons and Dragons friends, I'd brought a thermos of 2.5 cups diet Seagrams, 1 cup Hawaiian blue. Not only was that the day I fell in love with Dungeons and Dragons, but that was the day that I realized the reason I loved supervillains so much in comic books was because I was a bad guy in real life, and I fell in love with the fact that I would have to rethink my life goals and find a path I could follow while staying true to myself as The Bad Guy (albeit without getting in trouble for it).

Charlie: First time my brothers ever tricked me into drinking Diet Coke and mentos, I fell completely in love with chemistry. Haven't had as much opportunity to do advanced chem on the street as Breaking Bad made it look, but I still love reading about what people have done with chemistry.

Amy: Orange Faygo. After running away from home, I crashed a few days with a girl who liked Insane Clown Posse, and at the time, their vigilante serial killer songs really appealed to a rape survivor who'd gotten in so much trouble for what the guy did to her (and who had technically gotten back at the guy and shown him what it felt like, even though the friend who'd helped me with that part made sure I didn't get in trouble for it).

Turned out later I was less "vigilante sociopath" and more just "sociopath," but I still like how drinking Faygo reminds me of Alec and I beating the crap out of the guy who hurt me first.

What was the first time your MC ever thought "maybe my worst enemy is right about _____"?

10. NoGoodNobu

NoGoodNobu Contributor Contributor

Technically there are no "worst enemies" but oddly romantic-antagonists.

When Kaz finally reaches Mars' castle fortress before Othelia, Kaz confronts him and tries to alternatively threaten & barter with him to leave her best friend alone and let Othelia return home unscathed from FAERIE immediately.

When the exchange becomes heated, he quite cruelly (yet accurately) spits how the girls' love for each other is intrinisically selfish, enabling, and unhealthy at Kaz. With the adrenaline of a fight, she naturally pays no mind to his biting words.

Only later that night, after being outwitted and tricked into a marriage with Lesley (Mars' only other rival to Othelia, the clever bastard) and having unwittingly killed Ferral by breaking her geas in marrying Lesley*, she's consequently shook up and re-evaluates her actions, her relations, and herself. And with the conversation with Lesley, the verbal attack of Mars, and Ferral's dying words, she's more open and able to see the truth in all of their words (and it helps that she remembers that technically fae are incapable of speaking falsehoods).

So basically, right before the final ultimate confrontation between Mars & Othelia and the resolution of the story.

*turnt out way too long a blurb to provide clear context. I doubt anyone cares enough anyway

If your MC had an account on an online dating site, how would they react to receiving a confrontational message criticizing and correcting their profile? (E.G. "You said you're looking for _____ in a {significant other} and that's ridiculous and you should change your standards" or "I noticed you put _____ as an interest/hobby and you really shouldn't like that at all" or "Your photos make you look like a total douche/slut/etc")

11. SadStories

SadStories Active Member

I'm pretty sure she would just ignore the message. If she was forced to reply it would probably be something mildly sarcastic like, "Ehh, thank you for your suggestions. I will do my best to live up to your standards in the future." In fact, there is a character in my story that treats her this way, and she usually responds in ways like that. She also allows herself to be rude towards him because he isn't polite to her. For example if she is curious about something that might be offensive to him, she will just bluntly ask him without the consideration she has for others. Honestly my main character is a bit of a pushover. She will almost accept anything and never make much of a fuss about any kind of ill-treatment of her. It's only if she needs to do something for someone she cares about that she will stop at nothing to help them.

If your MC suddenly knew everything that was going to happen in their story, how would they act differently?

12. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Tim: What do they mean I shouldn't display that I've been in six previous relationships? I thought ladies liked experienced lovers. I don't like it myself but I might as well use what I've got.

What would your MC do if they went blind? And how would they have ended up blind?

13. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

It would be a combat injury, and in theory although they have a place they can go (in the book Blade was instrumental in setting up a place called 'Annie's farm' named after his dead wife, as a home for soldiers to badly injured to carry on the fight) there's a high chance that he would kill himself rather than live that life.

If your MC was writing a book what Genre would they write ?

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  14. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Mirabel would write romance, Tim would write a non-fiction cooking book (involving a lot of wine) and Kadek would write an adventure novel.
    If your MC had a gun against the back of the head, what would they have done to piss the possible killer off? (And then what would they do to get out of it?)

15. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Ooh, illegal archelogy, being part of a cult, being part of the group that produced guns in the first place, killing people to keep secrets.

What sort of Music would your MC listen to and why?

16. Arcadeus

Arcadeus Senior Member

Frank would listen to the finest classical musicians, being punched in the face. Because it's relaxing on both the ears, and the fists. Frank needs a psychiatrist.

What's the one thing your MC just can't stand to hear?

17. Simpson17866

Alec: "Bros before hoes" and "White genocide." My two best friends are women, one of them is black, and if either of them tells me to help her kill a white guy who's pissed her off, I'm going to put real-world human loyalty above imaginary demographic loyalty any day of the week.

Charlie: "I'm just gonna wing it and see what happens."

Amy: If you tell me to do something I don't want to, or if you tell me to stop doing something I do want to, and if your only explanation is "because I said so," then one of us is getting hurt. My money's on the serial killer, you want to take that bet?

When is the last time your MC tried something they thought they would love, but ended up hating?

18. 221BOlympusExpress

Kath: As I watch the video of our ice-skating experience from last week, I can't help but want to smack myself. What had I been thinking? Never in my whole life had I skated, even on land, and yet when I saw the skating ring, I had felt that sudden urge to try myself. I had really thought it would be a great experience and I would impress Will, yet all I managed to do was send him into a laughing fit, clutching his stomach and pointing his finger at me when I fell for what felt like the hundredth time in 30 minutes. Thank god I'd gotten the sense to abandon the struggle I was having to face in hope I might just learn to skate this time, and had left the ring, saving myself more embarrassment. God forbid I ever have to ice-skate again, I would just end up slipping and getting my bum frozen.

19. 221BOlympusExpress

What trait attracts your MC in people?

zoupskim likes this.
  20. Lone Vista

Lone Vista Active Member

1) Confidence. He's easily swayed by those with charisma, though logically he knows better.
    2) Constant presence. He's terrified of people leaving him. Betrayal cuts him quickly and deeply and he is very slow to forgive it.

What's something your MC wishes they could do, or were better at?

Cave Troll likes this.
  21. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Marckus: To be a better man.
    Graxis: To hopefully be able to honor a future mate and children the way they deserve.
    Corlixia: Would be nice to be a better healer than a torturer, only time will tell.

Your MC is your physician; how well/ill will you be as a result of this?

22. Arcadeus

Arcadeus Senior Member

Warren- Could probably do a pressure bandage or basic triage.
    Frank- I'm probably dead as a result of his "treatment"

Your MC finds out you created him/her. What is their reaction to finding this out?

zoupskim likes this.
  23. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Marckus: About damned time you gave me more than a crappy doodle in your sketchbook.
    Though we both know that I am the BAMF, you will never be. Look at your scrawny ass. :D

Graxis: While you are young man you seem filled with an odd wisdom. Thank you for giving me a voice. :)

Corlixia: What part of your warped fantasies brought me to be? I am a conflicted mess. Although it is nice
    that you spend more time on my persona than my body. :p

What is the worst thing(s) to ever happen to your MC(s)?

zoupskim likes this.
  24. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Shenanigan Master Contributor

Fredrick: When he was young he was forced to watch his older brother be publicly executed. His brother had been protesting how the soldiers were allowed to terrorize the citizens and was deemed a traitor. Fredrick realized then his leaders were just bullies pushing people around and he started hating them then. As he got older, he realized he could do something about it, and as soon as he was old enough he joined the rebellion. He was determined to do all he could to keep something like that from happening ever again, until his back injury.

The second worst thing would be said back injury. Because of it, he got shunted out of the rebellion and ended up living in a shack. He ended up moping around for a while, until he realized his neighbor had two teens he was horribly mistreating.

Sharon: When she ended up in the care of the person who raised her. He didn't care about her at all, and was mentally and physically abusive. Because of her disfigurement, she was spared anything else though. It's left her believing the stuff he told her, and she doesn't know how to act any way like him.

Jason: When he saw his dad got killed. (Incidentally, but the same guy Sharon was raised by.) His dad was his world. It fell all to pieces after that. It's three years later and he still hasn't really dealt with it, just buried it and tried to act like nothing is wrong. It didn't help that the only two people he spent any significant amount of time with afterwards were both abusive (even if Sharon did care, just didn't know how to show it).

And for a flip, what's the best thing(s) that ever happened to your MC?

25. PrincessBLJack

PrincessBLJack New Member

Candy Jane: Oh... I don't know. When I see the smile on a young girl's face when she is handed a doll made by me is the best thing in the world to me. There is no one big moment I feel is the best thing ever. Life is about the little things.

Your MC is now God! Describe one of the creatures your MC creates.

Lonely Shadow and zoupskim like this.