What's happening to writing forums?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LinRobinson, Jan 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. LinRobinson

LinRobinson Banned

So you're the one.

One question I would have is "why writer sites"? One possible answer is that they might not be a techno-tight as some others. Writer's Cafe's forum was a joke...the poster code for hackerbait. EditRed and SkyTribes also use proprietary software and are probably overdue for some surprises. bbBoards are vulnerable. vBulletin, like this forum is known as being particularly tough to hack or crack.

But it's just weird, that's all I'm saying. Watch your back. Shoes for industry.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

So we have found the curse... I suggest a good old-fashioned witch burning :D

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

A wiccan with a wick, and a Bic? So sick!

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Actually there is a forum I pay handsome sum to be a member of. I recently upgraded my membership when I received an email stating that my funds were beung returned as the forum has crashed and won't be re-opening.

They have lost everything and they had VERY TIGHT security. But alas all good things come to an end. Just a pity that a forum that is 7 years old went down like that really.

Anyways the forum leaders here do a very good job at keeping a close eye on things. Just remember to let them know of anything you notice taht isn't right and get it sorted ASAP....

ANd lessa I agree, when it comes to financial side of things I'd donate more if it was needed :)

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

lessa...
    i'm afraid you'd have to rampage w/o me, as i'm an anti-violence activist and don't rampage any more, much as i'd not want to see anyone harm our good site here... but the rampage bit was actually someone accusing me of having destroyed another site where i had been stalked and harassed so much by one nasty member whose name i will not even type, that i left... our wonderfully protective super-mods here were johnny-on-the-spot and deleted the spurious charge almost immediately, to spike further flaming...

let's let the whole rampage thing die here, ok?...

love and non-violent hugs, maia

6. lessa

lessa New Member

let's let the whole rampage thing die here, ok?...

love and non-violent hugs, maia[/QUOTE]

sorry you had problems. No problem as I am very anti-violence.

The monitors here do a wonderful job and that makes this site a great place
    to be.
    luv and hugs

7. Mermaid on the breakwater

Mermaid on the breakwater New Member

Jesus, anyone would have thought I'd done something terrible. I find it interesting that my last post in this thread was deleted when it was a simple explanation of the comment I made. A warning for an ironic comment that was purely for fun is hilarious. As I said to the moderator in question, give me my ticket and I'll be off. And instead of just deleting this one, I'd like it to be left out there for other people to read so they can make up their own minds about this silly little saga. I've only posted two or three times in this thread up until now! I'd hardly call it flaming.

Am I going to get a warning for this?

Just don't hug me, Maia, I'd rather be hugged by an anaconda.

8. Raven

Raven Banned

Well one or two posts is all it can take to start a flame.

However.

You have to understand we will not tolerate victimisation here nor will we tolerate any kind of bullying.

If you do not get along with Maia then simply do not reply to her threads or her posts. unless you have something none abusive to say. as for hugging an anaconda trust me you really wouldn’t want to hug an anaconda. Not if you value your life.

9. Mermaid on the breakwater

Mermaid on the breakwater New Member

Tough audience...

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Maybe it's the performance, not the audience.

Ss for warnings, they are currently in short supply. Your latest post will stay, for now, but only so everyone understands that there is a line in these forums that will not be crossed without consequences.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread programming.

11. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

can't repeat this too often... they make this site the best on the web, imo... viva los mods!!!