What's in a (User) Name?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JessWrite, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

I wanted something that sounded somewhat science fictiony... but I guess I just typed in Unit and then 7. Normally I don't like numbers in my username. But after I started using Unit7 the more I just loved the username. Been using it for a few years now. :)

Actually. I'm not sure when I first started using it. lol

2. Berber

Berber Active Member

My real name is Amber. I got the nickname Berber when I was a kid. Don't remember who came up with it, but it stuck.

3. Dan Kirkalnd

Dan Kirkalnd New Member

My user name is my real name, but my last name is misspelled, I just didn't feel like changing it so I left it

4. Yoshiko

Yoshiko Contributor Contributor

Mine is my name.

[/unimaginative]

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

my name is 'maia' and i'm a 'mamma' to 7 of my own, plus too many of those i mentor all over the world to count...

6. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

I just like the word. It means 'beautiful thinking' and is the shortest English word containing all five vowels.

7. suddenly BANSHEES

suddenly BANSHEES Senior Member

^ I've always wondered what "eunoia" meant. That's a pretty word :)

I actually don't remember where this username came from, I just like the sound of it. I guess because I'm not a very serious person, so I didn't want to have some kind of "artsy" username that would make people take me seriously.

And I always imagine threads as like a group of people talking, and so when I post, I imagine this weird hag suddenly bursting into the middle of everything, saying what she has to say, and then leaving. I'm probably the only one who's amused by that, but oh well.

8. Corybobory

Corybobory New Member

I'm Corybobory because Cory bo bory banana fo fory Cory.

I was going to choose Coryographies because it's the name of my online jewellery shop, but I didn't want anyone to accuse me of blatent advertising... :eek: but that was also my chosen name for if I ever released a pop album. Since chances are I wont (not being able to sing etc) I though I better use it for something else!

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

As soon as I saw your name, I thought, "Oh, the Name Game." :)

10. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

My username is the result of a long running inside joke between me and some friends.

The first ever internet forum I joined had to do something about pet rabbits (yes, I had pet rabbits at one point). I think I was twelve when I joined.

What had happened was that some of the forum members and I decided to change our username to random food items just for the heck of it. We never changed them back. It's become a sort of habit to make "ChedderCheese" my username now.

11. AlyMoon

AlyMoon New Member

My username came from my trying to find a pen name for if I'm ever published. I was talking with a friend about it because I don't want to use my real name as it's a bit hard to say without knowing how. We were skyping about it and decided that Aly would probably be best. And Moon because I was obsessed with werewolves at one point. Started to go with Pond, but decided that Aly Pond was too close to Amy Pond :)

12. ClusterChuck

ClusterChuck New Member

I got the nick name Chuck inexplicably from my fiance when we were just friends. (Real Name Thomas Powers) And well... I'm a bit all over the place when it comes to the written word. I like to think I can twist a theme or slate a tone in a clusterfucked kind of way... so yeah, excuse the vernacular.

On another forum i ran into a guy named ClusterFact. It was like two bengal tigers meeting eye-to-eye in the isolation of the jungle. There was a firework display of splaying blood and vicious unforgiving bro-mance. The land will be forever stained with our jackpawed death dance.

13. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

Here's a question. Over the years as your life changed, did you change your user name?

I changed mine. About twelve years ago I was known as "Ichabod Poser." I was going through a rough spiritual patch over my conduuct twenty years ago, and I had seen how that was handled in a movie called "The White Buffalo." I felt I had to earn my name back.

When I got to the other side of that period, I thought about how my 'new life' turned out, and how that period changed many aspects. That's when I became 'The Tourist,' and I contacted the mods of those forums for a name change.

14. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

I love Larry David.

15. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Mines Daydream because I daydream a lot! When I was young my mum always had a go at me for daydreaming to much and not getting anything done or because I almost got run over by a car for daydreaming across the road. I Still daydream way to much...usually fantasy stories which I eventually write down :D

16. Floatbox

Floatbox New Member

I got the idea once that it's impossible to think outside the box, but the box naturally floats through time and space. Although you cannot perceive reality outside your box at any particular moment, you experience what was previously outside of your box with every new moment. Which is a long-winded way to say I am learning new things and aware of my own limitations, and have lofty ideals, perhaps. And it plays on soapbox, which I thought was clever because foruming tends to be a lot of soapboxing, but then I realized that the name probably exaggerates the worst aspects of my forum style so now I don't know. Maybe DriftBox. VerbBox. Something in a box. The word box is eye-catching to me.

17. Rebel Yellow

Rebel Yellow Active Member

Rebel Yellow is my favorite song/poem from the artist Cecil Otter.

18. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Well, my name is the name of the protagonist from The Legend of Zelda games, and I thought I'd just stick 'the writer' to it. I know, real creative. <shrugs>

19. Rebel Yellow

Rebel Yellow Active Member

Does your Triforce consist of writing, rewriting and editing? :p

20. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Yes! 8D Yes, it does!!

21. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Well...My name just describes what I love to do. :)

22. Drusilla

Drusilla Active Member

Another member here asked me if I was a Buffy fan, since my username is Drusilla. The truth is: I have only seen about three episodes of Buffy in my entire life. I don't watch much TV.

I chose the name because I like it, and it sounds witchy! I love "witchy sounding" names! :p

23. icescreamy

icescreamy New Member

I like ice cream and I read a book that is about screaming for ice cream. I found it quite funny and gives the feeling I am like a child.

24. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

But that Drusilla was seriously bent.

25. Lightning

Lightning New Member

I see what you did there! :p
    My name represents my favorite natural force *and supernatural power etc*. Can you guess what it is? o_O