Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HellOnEarth

HellOnEarth Banned

What Scares You The Most?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HellOnEarth, Jan 15, 2007.

Death.

I am not afraid to die.

I am talking about you.

2. Fantasy of You

Fantasy of You Banned

Death scares me the most? I don't see the point of your post...

3. HellOnEarth

HellOnEarth Banned

So what scares you the most?

Rejection, I suppose.

4. Kat

Kat New Member

Lots of things scare me. I'm a big baby. Huge spiders and unidentifiable bugs.

Also, I worry about my kids a lot. :)

5. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I'm scared of you adults screwing up the world so badly that by the time my generation inherits it, there's nothing we can do to turn it around, and our kids blame it on us.

6. Kat

Kat New Member

You adults? Who me? :)

7. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Fears huh? Well the thing that scares me the most is SPIDERS and THUNDER. I end up crying during thunder storms and hiding under my blanket, I know it is sad but hey that's just me and spiders, well if I see a spider in a room I use a whole tin of fly spray in the room and don't go in that room for two days. I have actually stayed at a friends for a few days once because of a huge spider landing on my face while I was asleep. Still have nightmares over that night now. :(

8. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Drowing scares me. And really tight spaces.

9. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

What scares me the most is that everyone will stop caring about anyone else in case they get sued! but big black spiders scare me heaps (daddy long legs are fine as long as they stay away from my immeadiat self), strong winds scare me, lighting only to a certain degree and also the future. Thanks a heap, old farts :p (just kidding!) :D

10. Robert

Robert Banned

There is no 'your generation'. You're part of an ongoing continuous stream of human beings, and your ability to influence the world you live in has already begun. Start taking responsibility now.

Cheers,
    Rob

11. Robert

Robert Banned

I read about drowning in great detail a few months ago, when I was researching various methods of execution, and dying in general. I'm not as afraid of drowning now as I once was, but still wouldn't choose it, unless of course the alternatives were worse.

I would steer clear of the electric chair, firing squad, and on recent evidence hanging, too.

Cheers,
    Rob

12. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

13. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

What changed your opinions on drowning? Is it not as stressful as it looks?

14. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Eeerrrr. I'm neva gonna die, neva get bored, neva get depressed, help the human populace to turn itself around, help create a paradise where everyone is happya dn there is no longer greed!

15. Magnum Opus

Magnum Opus New Member

From what I understand, and have read, most likely the same thing that Robert read, it seems that it is a rather peaceful way to go.

Apparently the asphyxiation involved in drowning is quite a euphoric experience. Though having never personally drowned, I wouldn't know other than the lose calls I read about, which were very very few, and the scientific evidence about that show the effects.

Still, all that said, it supposed to be a pleasant way to go, aside from the impending dread, panic, and overall sense of doom that is it's precursor.

16. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I am most afraid of becoming like my mother.

17. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

*koffkoffScrubs*

...[insert respose designed to shock/accidentally-on-purpose insult from Freshmaker here]

No, sorry, I'm being stupid.

I really can't understand what's so scary about tight spaces, because I've always actually rather liked them. They feel secure and comforting.

18. Fiesty Kel

Fiesty Kel New Member

Death... everything else can be dealt with. Sort of.

19. HeinleinFan

HeinleinFan Banned

Aside from the usual fears - acrophobia, fear of death, et cetera - I am somewhat afraid of the future. I don't mean that I fret about next year; I mean that I am concerned that ours is a society forgetting our past and uninterested in our future.

I am young and only moderately experienced. I may also be wrong about much that goes on in the world. Having said that, here are my concerns.

1. Europe is losing a sense of who he is. "Multiculturalism" is good until it means one cannot defend oneself just because one's assailant is obviously of a different race, religion, ethnic group, hair color, or whatever. Goodness - I've heard tales of people being pushed to the ground and insulted, then not being able to report it for fear of being called racist. I don't know; perhaps those tales are exaggerated. I hope so.

2. Prediction: seven years and change from now, the US dollar will become worth about a third what it is worth now compared to foreign currency. It hurts because I live here.

3. The United Nations could lose face and influence irrevocably in the next ten years.

4. There may be WARRE in the Mideast. One (scary) scenario involves Israel attacking Iran preemptively, sometime in the winter of this year or the spring of next year, Iran and its neighbor states retaliating, and the U.S.A. and much of Europe having to choose sides.

20. RobYoung

RobYoung New Member

Now that I am older, I fear death less and less. What I fear the most is looking back on a life that was spent more time existing than living.

21. Fiesty Kel

Fiesty Kel New Member

Yes! Yes! Yes! I agree wholeheartedly.

22. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

You, sir, can go anally pleasure yourself with a cucumber.

I don't watch TV.

23. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

My old Media teacher

Good lord you should have seen the teeth on that guy

Tis an orc I swear!

He always looks at me strangely when I'm around the media block as if he's harvesting my soul with his eyes.

Be gone daemon I beckon, BE GONE!

Scary stuff peeps.

Scary stuff.

24. Axis

Axis New Member

I don't like bugs. In fact I hate them. Crawly things. Disgusting little scaly ... grrr. Hate them.

I once used this in a story. It was a heroic fantasy story where the hero, a mighty warrior named Talia Brie (I am now aware Talia is a girl's name, thank you) is fighting in some catacombs under a city and comes across a passage filled with bugs. It's then revealed that he hates bugs, and for a little while it doesn't look like he's going to be able to chase the bad guys any further.

25. Mike R

Mike R New Member

I havn't got any irratioal fears. nothing that keeps me from doing things or occupies my thoughts. Obviously I'd rather not drown or fall off a cliff. Maybe being unable to save a loved one, I sometimes have dreams about that sort of thing.

Using your fears in stories is a good thing. Who better to describe an encounter with ________ than someone who fears it.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.