1. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless New Member

Bravely adventuring beyond the fourth wall.

What's the name of this series?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by OneMoreNameless, Dec 28, 2011.

It's an epic historical(ish) fantasy. There are four novels in the series, written at least five years ago. Each novel takes place in a different time period - the first book was pre-medieval times, the last was closed to modern day (1960-70s). Each book took place around the same physical location that becomes a well-known modern city. The basic premise of the story was that a small group of characters were struggling to control a hidden, powerful labyrinth. All of them initially failed, but their souls and those of several other involved family members became caught up in the conflict through some ritual magic and were destined to be reborn in the future to continue their struggle - the 2nd to 4th books were of them in different lives recalling their past and being drawn together again into the same city and battle. There was a lot more character development than actual fighting, though, and by the final book they mostly banded together to destroy a malevolence coming from the labyrinth rather than control it.

This is bugging the heck out of me lately, so if anybody knows the name of the series or any of the book titles I will be stupidly grateful.

2. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

ohhhh Those details are so heavily stored into my head, but the name won't come out. I have no title to throw out there. XD

3. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless New Member

Bravely adventuring beyond the fourth wall.
    Well my Google-Fu has been appropriately humbled, but I did finally managed to find it; it was The Troy Game by Sara Douglass.