1. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

What's your current project?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Shreyass, Jan 5, 2008.

I'm doing a piece of historical fiction, more a novella than a novel I guess, will end up around 30000-35000 words. I've taken liberties with the chronology, as its historical FICTION, but the details of the individual events - the Trinity Test, the Berkeley Conference, Pearl Harbour - are all as accurate as possible although I've make individual perspective a part of it, and I'm also planning Normandy, Battle of the Midway, Leningrad or Stalingrad, the Allies marching into Berlin, Hiroshima or Nagasaki, and Iwo Jima. That should be about it, plus a few chapters of personal conversations. Might even end up around 40000 words, seems to be a collection of short stories on WWII to me, with a slight connecting link I guess.

Tell us more about your current project.

2. Seanachie

Seanachie New Member

One novel (historical fiction, Victorian with a touch of paranormal), half finished at 60,000 words but in need of a re-write; five short story re-writes so they can be sent out again (science fiction, horror, generic fiction, gritty urban drama, social drama); maybe half a dozen short stories in varying states of progress (pulp, science fiction, dark fantasy/horror); a poem (comic); two articles (one humourous, one serious). Unless I think of something else. :)

Recently finished one horror story, and an historical chronicle for an imaginary kingdom.

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

A project that is going to take a few years for me is writing a poem in Navaho language.
    But currently I am working on a horror novel and short story quite gore filled actually and doing a poetry book called War thoughts - in a civilians eyes....

So yeah a lot going on for me.

4. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Wow, you people are working on quite a few things at the same time.

5. missupernatural

missupernatural New Member

I'm tossing around a project, however I'm really not sure whether it's going to survive past 2,000 words.
    It's a thriller/"fantasy" (I still hate using that word, honestly)/horror about demons in downtown.

It follows around my main character Shay (male - but my friend says the name doesn't fit, but I beg to differ...), a 17 year old living in the downtown, and trying to survive.

But then again, I'd rather write a story grounded more in reality so I'm looking (eg. surfing the net for pointless hours on end) until an idea hits me in the face. Hah, wishful thinking.

6. Seanachie

Seanachie New Member

Speaking for myself, I find it useful to have several irons in the fire, as it were, so that if I hit a wall with one, I can move on to another. Also, it sometimes helps to step away from my writing so I can come back in a week or so, and view it with fresh eyes.

Re-writes are a sad necessity; if a story is rejected, then it must be reworked before it can be sent out to try again. I am no stranger to rejection. On a positive note, I recently used my experience of rejection for an article. :)

7. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I have three sort fo underway but the one I am focussing on is like an epic novel following a young lady who was born into money in the 1600's and runs away with her love to join the navy at 15. However things take a wrong turn and throughout the novel there will be magical creatures, ghost, pirates and a treasure island. I am having fun writing it at any rate. :)

8. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I'm working on a tale about a man, born into wealth, who finds himself being haunted by the rotting undead Zombie of his grandfather.

Planning a short story called 'Un Prisonnire' about the ghost of a man who haunts a french jail cell, and writing a novel about an unknown and unexplord Island that a man finds himself washed up on its shores, and discuses my ideas on Paradise, Morality, Civilisation and War. It's called 'Venis Isle.'

9. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

All projects are currently on hiatus due to my computer's imploding (And the possible deletion of everything I have written in the past eight months AAARGH), but BEFORE this little ray o' sunshine entered my life, I was working on a series of things that were...too long to be short stories, but too short to be novels. Like 70 pages each. They were sort of fantasy-noir-epic-scifi-adventure-mystery-....things. Since sucky dialogue (and sucky computers) brought that to a screeching halt, I've been working on a novel about a kid who has to stop the Apocalypse from the confines of his suburban town, and a short(ish) story about superspy nursery rhyme characters. (You can laugh, but it's so awesome.)

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm working on a full novel around my short stories Neverending and Destiny's Daughter. It's my first attempt at such a large project.

11. lessa

lessa New Member

I am working on a book of stories about Missy Bear. I have 5 chapters done and 3 more partly on the computer and partly just in my head.
    Don't know how many chapters I will make it but it is fun to just sit and write them.
    I am also working on Doby the dragon chapters. Will see where they lead me.
    I also want to finish some more billy dozer stories, my youngest grandson is 6 months old and I would like to have a bunch ready for when he starts liking being read to.
    Some are also floating around for my almost 3 year old granddaughter.

12. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

I'm currently working on a SF short story whose working title is "Seconds of Eternity". About 2/3 of the way finished with the first draft.

Terry

13. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

I'm working on three stories for a comic, movie, and television series. Relica The Time Thief, Mech Hunter, and The Play Dogs. I'm going to chnage one of their titles to sound better.

14. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

if by 'project' you mean only writing, my current 'own' one is a post-apocalyptic/sci-fi-ish screenplay with 'alien' overtones...

other writing projects i'm working on are numerous ones of folks i'm currently mentoring [a dozen or so at any given time], along with complete editing and some rewriting of a huge [will be 800-1,000 pages when done] serious historical non-fiction reference on the atom bomb and its tinian connection/impact, semi-ghostwriting a personal memoir for a woman who lost three family members in a short time, and editing/helping rewrite another memoir on a happier subject--life in paradise [assorted pacific islands]...

other projects are 24/7 running of my books and donation center for the needy on the island, getting a shelter built for abused women and their children, drumming up support for and designing an international peace center i want to see established here... among other things, like taking care of all who come to the door for help with writing this and that, since the best english of the islanders is a sort of pidgin that needs translation to make any sense on paper...

it's enough to keep me out of trouble...

15. Klee

Klee New Member

I'm working on small stories revolving around the same fantasy world before going to a full novel. I'm also working on a small comic, making the story and drawing it.

16. Zetta

Zetta New Member

I've finally settled on an idea for a novel. I just started the other day, and it's only got about 1500 words on it so far. It's a fantasy sort of thing that derived from the random thought to put an old character of mine and her archnemisis together and force them to cooperate. It seems like it's going to be fun, but I'm worried about it being a little hard to read.

17. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Mammamia, you sound busy., in a good way! Keep up the good work!

18. knoxvicious

knoxvicious New Member

First book in a Mob/mafia series I'm writing.
    I plan to get the first one done before I turn 17....July 11th....hopefully....

19. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Nice, I had a Mafia story going for a bit, wasn't going anywhere though so I had to abandon it. Post up a few chapters for review.

20. Endeavour

Endeavour New Member

Currently writing a short story. It's taking me longer than expected but I don't really mind... as long as it has a good plot structure and correct grammar, I figure it's okay.

21. Tori

Tori New Member

I've just started to write/ plan my first novel. Lets just say it's a coming-of-age story about a girl. It's set in modern day Tokyo and involves ninjas, samurai, the Yakuza, a lot of supernatural goings on and a splash of romance! :D

22. Kid At <3

Kid At <3 New Member

I have a lot!

1. Bro Not Brother
    2. The Death of Innocence
    3. They Call Me Wonder Bread
    4. The Beast Within
    5. Waft the Angel on her Flight (memoir)

23. knoxvicious

knoxvicious New Member

Really? Dude, what about? It'd be nice to read a mob story made from someone on the net. Did you post yours up, I'd like to read it.

24. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Other than whatever random poetry pops into my little brain, I've been working on a novella (possibly novel, if I get inspired enough) on a big brother-esque society. It's insanely difficult to keep that original and interesting..

25. ANT (Bar YOSEF)

ANT (Bar YOSEF) New Member

like a sort of v for vendetta esque story? Mine is a saga of stories, which is about a woman being a messianic warrior figure seeking a sword of her ancestors.