1. colorthemap

colorthemap New Member

Patience worth

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colorthemap, Nov 6, 2011.

She was a "spirit" who wrote many novels and poems, through a Ouija board! Not sure how plausible this is, but one woman used a Ouija board for 19 years to write novels with a spirit. Do you consider this possible?

I say, how can anyone have a half-decent first draft. Let alone many.

2. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Ouija(?) boards are children's toys. They have no supernatural power whatsoever.

I'm not even being disconcerting. Look it up. They are children's toys.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

the boards themselves are not intended to have any inherent power, but they are used by some who do have some natural psychic abilities, as well as many more who are simply fakes, just as they do with other 'tools' such as cards, dowsing rods, et al. ...

as for how 'possible' that spirit's writing 'through' one would be, i'd have to say i think 'not very' but since pretty much anything is possible, i suppose i have to admit it could be...

that said, since a ouija board has only letters and numbers on it, plus 'yes' and 'no' and 'hello' and 'goodbye' that would mean Curran [the woman who supposedly communicated with Worth] have had to spell out the entire novel letter, by letter, as the planchette moved from one to the other under her hands... which would have had to take an enormous amount of time to 'get' an entire novel that way... and how could she be writing down the letters/words, while both hands were otherwise engaged?

she seems to have overcome skeptics on that point, by claiming 'scenes' and such just 'appeared' to her, while the planchette roamed aimlessly about the board... all sounds pretty suspect to me, especially since she'd had a nervous breakdown years earlier and had had grandiose dreams of being a musical prima donna...

4. colorthemap

colorthemap New Member

She herself was not the scribe, her husband did most of that work. Also she only used the board at night, during the day she was a rather normal woman, who was witnessed to have no available time to memorize the scripts in which Patience "wrote."

At one letter every second or two, for hours on end. Over nineteen years it is plausible. The time frame that is. Now I have never used Ouija board, so I don't no if these things actually work.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

they supposedly 'work' if the user has some sort of extrasensory gift... otherwise, the users are just subconsciously moving the device on their own...

6. colorthemap

colorthemap New Member

I don't know, I don't deny the existence of spirits completely, but not so sure I believe it.