1. BarlowEnter

BarlowEnter Member

Need honest opinion on my Horror Movie Trading Card game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BarlowEnter, Apr 24, 2013.

Hi, I need some honest opinion from people that're interested in having Horror Movie Trading Cards. The game's fairly casual oriented. This game uses voting mechanics with some Poker feature that're still in development.

I just need to know if there's going to be enough people interested in trading cards in this format. In a different forum, I host voting tournaments frequently, I don't know if a trading card game can employ this method for its gameplay.

If this turns out to be a good idea, I'll be downloading a card designing program to design card samples for users to download and custom input their cards. I'm definitely not looking to sell these, for this involve a sea of legal issue with movie rights.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, for how the game works I'll explain it in the later paragraph. If you're interested in this project, post a 10 second scene description of a 10 second scene from a Horror movie, the scene has to involve the character you want for the card. The description is limited to no more than 2 lines (around 36 words). Please specify time, [ie]44:13~44:23. You don't have to post a Youtube video directing me to the scene, if we (the community) caught you giving a bogus scene, your submission in the future will be denied. Don't include description, speculation outside of the 10 second scene. Can just ignore this part. You can skip this part.

How to play Community Horror Movie Trading Card game?

Place a character card on the table for the contest. On the character's profile we'll have a 10 second scene from a movie the character was in. Example: Jason chased after a guy, knocks down a door.

If the card is use for a regular-style contest, audience would vote as viewers watching the scene, with regular-style contest, the stats below would be included for the audience to make their decision.

Other stats on the card:

Theater Effect-[randomly selected, use audience card to improve odds. work in progress]

Description-[randomly select 1 word. Work in progress]

Negative-[randomly select 1 word. Work in progress]

Negative and Description are randomly assigned. Players throw dice to decide. You improve your odds with your Audience cards. Audience card are not the same as the audience participating in the voting. Audience card cannot vote.

Audience card example:

Hardcore horror buff - if you roll 4 or 5, you gain Classic as your Theater Effect.

The audience would based their vote on which they think is the better card with the most suited stats.

6 votes (adjustable) on a character and the character wins. Players can vote.

If this is a Battle contest, the players would use their knowledge to this scene to out-debate the opponent. Instead of debate. It'd be a 127 words proof (like writing a math proof) The "audience" votes on the winner.

Feel free to post and tell me what you think of this idea. I found a program that can format and print the cards. I just need to design the layout, I'll post the file you can use to grab the image you want for the card and the 10 sec scene description for the card. First, I need to design the blank so you can apply the stats yourself and print them.

This game would need a player group over 3 people.

EDIT:

New mechanics is introduced below:

2. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

So cards have a brief text description of a scene, randomly attributed stats, and combat is decided by two players debating each other followed by a community vote which may or may not be further modified by other arbitrary cards?

3. BarlowEnter

BarlowEnter Member

Yes, that's if you select to play a battle tournament. I'm trying to make the game's decision making more murky so there's more politics, psychological dynamics. The stats are randomly selected, the game is still in development, so there may be a fixed stat options built into certain cards, something like "this card can only gain Boredom or Godlike in its theater response. Only gain Godlike if you roll 6".

If you choose to play regular tournament, than the players are choosing which card has the more suited, qualified stats, maybe the scene is really good at surviving from wide range of stats, it all depends on the players. Money cards fuel players to war each other with their votes.

Combat mode's tournament has yet to have other modifier other than the Money cards.

4. LordKyleOfEarth

LordKyleOfEarth Contributor Contributor

This seems waaaaay overly complicated.

5. BarlowEnter

BarlowEnter Member

I'm thinking maybe if I integrate the mind game, so players can see these options on the cards somehow, maybe it'll be less intimidating?