1. when should a plot be clear?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Deleted member 11749, Jul 26, 2009.

Hey guys
    I'm about maybe three quarters away from my first draft and I realized that well, it's difficult to explain...
    I've got this kind of "fake plot" if you will in the first few chapters, but it's not as it seems. Like, the real plot I kind of introduce at the very end, and I do this because I plan on making another book to end it off, so I was wondering if you guys think that's wise. Like whether or not I should just have my plot set forth near the middle rather that twist and turn. Will that confuse and annoy the readers?

2. daturaonfire

daturaonfire New Member

Let me make sure I understood you: you have a story where the plot takes a completely different turn towards the end of the book, and leaves on a cliffhanger--is that right? Two things: First, you're the writer, do what works for your story. Second, my opinion as a reader: a big plot twist can go both ways. It can either go, "Awesome, I totally didn't see that coming!" or "You've got to be kidding me." Can you share a little bit more of your plot? It might help. = )

3. well, it's hard to explain but you kind of get what I'm saying. It doesn't really matter, I'm just going to write it how I think is best. Thanks

4. Faith*Hope*Love

Faith*Hope*Love Banned

I personally would like it, it would be fascinating and different. Depending on what you do, is it going to be a dream sorta thing where its all fake in the end? Well, if you ever choose to share it on this website, get me a link, I'd love to read it. :)