1. freeflow

freeflow New Member

Ok,Im at a stand still

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by freeflow, Nov 11, 2008.

Im in the first chapter in my novel, and my main character Kalona, is sitting beside her dying mother. I need her mother to say something that with guide Kalona to her grandmother. But the words have to be words that inspire Kalona to fight for the world, and everyone in it. They need to have meaning, and I just cant come up with anything.

Anyone mind making a few suggestions? :D
    Im completely stuck to the point where I'm banging a head on a DVD case, hoping th words will just magically appear on the computer screen.:D

2. lipton_lover

lipton_lover New Member

I'd love to have a little more information, but here goes...
    I'm assuming Kalona will be pretty much lost without her mother, she relies on her. That's what I gathered, anyways. Be warned, this may be corny but at least the words are "magically appearing on the computer screen." :D

"What am I supposed to do without you?" Kalona asked, with tearfilled eyes.
    "Now, listen to me!" She said, sounding surprisingly strong for a moment. Kalona had heard those words many times before, but they had a different tone now. "I know you feel like the world is going to end without me, but that's just not true. You're strong, you don't need me anymore." She looked up at Kalona with a gentle smile. "You can do it... I trust you." Her eyes closed halfway, but the smile remained. "And always remember, I'll be watching over you...." Her voice faded away with her spirit, slipping off into the next world with an eerie whisper.

If you want, use it. Hopefully I've at least given you an idea.
    Good luck! Nate

3. Rem Nightfall

Rem Nightfall Banned

'Ello, hopefully I can help.
    Here I go:

"Do not leave me, I need you," Kalona said her tears becoming a heavy stream rushing down her face.
    Her mother's fading eyes stared at her.
    "Listen to me...I am your mother and you have always believed in your mother, now fate is telling you," her mother paused with a deep breath in before continuing, "Fate is telling you its time to believe in yourself..."
    "But,"
    "Believe in yourself, its time..." her mother said, her eyes closed as her soul departed the world they stood in.

Hope I helped. Hope I have helped, if I haven't well. Then I haven't. But the truth is, that you have to find something that stirs you. Something you find that is everlasting. Cause all you'll find here is something we believe is everlasting.

Here and Now
    ~Rem Nightfall

4. freeflow

freeflow New Member

Thank you so much! both were great, got my creative juices flowing mhmm!:)

5. architectus

architectus Banned

I would have the mother say something to get her to go live with her grandma, but have the time she spends with her grandma give her the courage and confident to fight for the world.

6. kkane49

kkane49 New Member

I always tell my grown kids that I am in them as they are in me, making it possible to do anyhing together. k

7. freeflow

freeflow New Member

Well I will have to include that too. Now I have a perfect idea! Thank you, she is going to live with her, mmmmmm gets me thinking :)