When you want it to be good and it just sucks... :(

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Wreybies, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

sorry, but i clicked the link and though i am a fantasy-reader myself, instinct immediately informed me that i would not want to read them anyways. I've read many books, but the only series involving Hindu culture or myth was The Tiger's Curse Trilogy. Personally, it was a very good series, though a bit cheesy over the fact that the girl has to end up picking between two boys (three if you count the un-cursed human in book two, or was it three?).

i do not know why, but covers do speak more loudly than any words for me when i go to to pick books -though i am sure to read the back every time. I have never once been disapointed in a book that I pick, though there have been one or two that just plain puzzled me (the plot ended up cutting off abruptly or something).

Overall, i'd say if you have one of those moments again, you may have wanted the book when you were younger,b ut now that you are older and more educated, id' say stay away from those.

Also, i LOL'd when you used those references. "Vishnu on a pony with a bad leg"? i need to use that sometime...

2. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

*Puts down the pitchfork and torch*
    Carry on.

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I wanted more than anything to buy into the whole Harry Potter thing, all my friends seemed to think they were wonderful and even maybe a little magical, but I found them to be the worst novels people with otherwise good taste enjoy. I'll make no bones about it, I really did try with Potter, I even liked the idea (though I'd seen The Worst Witch) but ... no, sorry, I just can't do it. Harry Potter is trash.

4. Dymmesdale

Dymmesdale New Member

I am a huge Chuck Palahniuk fan, and I thought I scored when my roommate moved out and left his copy of Snuff behind. I finished it, because things tend to happen in Palahniuk books, but no, it was just bad. Proof that no, really, you aren't actually interested in that train wreck... You just can't look away from the mess.