Where are you, and what is it like?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by seelifein69, Dec 2, 2011.

1. VM80

VM80 Contributor Contributor

^ Fascinating posts everyone. I've seen so many times how people are desperate to leave somewhere, only to find (with age perhaps) that they will
    do anything to return to where they grew up.

I don't think I have such a very strong association to any one place, as we moved countless times. But still, nostalgia... it gets me sometimes.

2. Prophetsnake

Prophetsnake New Member

Ireland. Bloody cold at the mo!

The nearby town is irish. The people are irish. House is bloody cold but the fire is lit and it should warm up soon.

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Before moving to Sunderland, where I currently live for university, I lived in the Highlands of Scotland and Northumberland. My parents still live in Northumberland.

4. Boomfog

Boomfog New Member

Very true. Irvine may be a bore to me now, but (given that I'm still in California as time passes) it's likely I'll return here because it's a nice and safe community for raising children. But maybe I'll just go live in my birthplace; New York. ;D

5. seelifein69

seelifein69 Active Member

Holy wow, that is my town. Naples FL is the capital of golf resorts and retirement homes (we are the only place to have two ritz carltons! lol) and the whole town is old people (basically)

I was born here and lived here most of my life, and although it's really quiet (and the cops are F***ING ASS****S) it's really clean and nice. Quiet too, I'm going to college, and I'm just not into all that crazy party life right now. Perhaps I was bad enough when I was young.

We get lucky in Naples because we avoid a lot of hurricanes. I believe Tom Cruise and John Travolta have a house here, this theory only backed up by the fact that there's a Scientology church in the rich part of town.

Plus my house is 15 minutes from the beach and I am very far in town. It's amazing. (Restaurants could be better, and everything is overpriced.)

6. seelifein69

I haven't met too many Asians on this site! We're glad to have you! I really love to meet people from different countries, it just reminds me how small my world and mindset is, I want to expand!!!

What is your everyday life like?

I dream of travel as well, but they say you always know where your home is.

7. seelifein69

I also heard there are no spiders or snakes? Or is that just a rumor us women tell each other to dream?

I can understand that jobs would be hard to come by.

What is the weather like?

8. Pea

Pea super pea!

Scotland. It's cold, but the summers are nice. The countryside is beautiful. Some of the people are the most amazing and genuine people you can meet. Though, the area I live in is fraught with incredible unemployment, alcoholism and mental disease that they wouldn't even think to seek help for. There are several pubs for each person in a town (slight hyperbole) and in the last years book stores have been replaced with pawn shops. Toads dance on the rain-filled path at night-time, from thimble to palm-sized. The grey squirrels have eaten all of the red squirrels. Sometimes I trip over hedgehogs. The sunrises and sunsets are nice, but in winter we get barely 6 hours of daylight. Not sure what else to add.

9. Lost_in_Thought

Lost_in_Thought New Member

I use to live in a Igloo, but it melted :)
    I live in a farming town in southern Alberta, Canada. Usually in late October it starts snowing, but this year it happened in late november... Where I am its usually hot hot dry summers and cold winter (with a chinook every once and a while to heat things up) But every year the weather gets weirder, I usually doesn't rain much here and the past few springs its been soaking wet (even delayed most of the crops due to mud) and it barely snowed this year...

The people in this town are pretty normal I guess. Its usually boring most of the year except when this fair comes to town in summer to lighten things up and Canada day. I hear at schoo ltheres a lot of super party kids. but thats normal for a town to have those kind of kids. We're like one of the smallest town to have it own police force (most towns our size use mounties).My town big on sports ( you can find a sports club for everything in this town).

My towns small but not so small that you can know everyone just by staying for a year. We have a Wal-mart (after we got it it closed half the store in town). My town is very religious (mostly mormon, mennonite[type of christianity] and some-what catholic and other types of christianity).Theres a lot of jerks in my town, but los of very nice people too.

Truthfully I cna't wait to leave and go to university and never come back. I want to see the world and experanc things, but right nw I stuck in my horrible life in this boring town.