1. Salinye

Salinye New Member

Salinye's Life Questions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Salinye, Jun 25, 2008.

Salinye's Life Question #1-It's in the Music

Hi all!

I have a series of questions that I like to ask that I call "Life Questions". I'm known for them on another writing board that I've participated in for years. I thought it might be fun to start posting them here. :0)

If you answer them it's neat because it gives you a chance to think about something you may never have before, and it gives us a small sliver of insight into YOU, and as we all know, YOU are wonderful. I try to post a new one about once a week.

Here is the first question:

If you could have a song written about you, what musician would you want to compose it, who would perform it, and what would it be called?

~Salinye

2. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Hmmm, that's a toughie. I'd have to say I'd love Darby Crash and The Germs to write a song about me, maybe called... geez what to call it without being vain? Um... Crazy Bass...?

3. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

This really made me think, because there are so many songs that describe me to a tea... But on that note, I came to the conclusion that I would like the (now defunct) Tea Party to write my song, perform it, and it would be called....

Ghost In The House Of Sunsets

(don't ask) :)

4. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Frédéric Chopin to compose the song.
    And Suk Trio (three pianists) could perform it.

If I'm going to imagine I'm going to imagine big time.

5. Firefly

Firefly Member

This is a really tough one.

I'd probably have Jars of Clay write and perform it, since it would fit with their style very well.

It'd be called Crossroads.

6. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Easy- the two Johns of They Might Be Giants would compose it, the B-52s would perform it, and it would be called Drummer. As in, he doesn't just march to a different beat, he's his own drummer.

7. Firefly

Firefly Member

OH MY CRAP They Might Be Giants??? Yay! Another fan! :D I'm a complete freak when it comes to TMBG.

That's funny, 'cause usually when I join a forum and say that my favorite band is They Might Be Giants, nobody knows who I'm talking about and they ask me "Who wrote that song?" :p Okay, something like that...

8. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I've been a fan since I was a wee little 'un. Now I am a large freakishly tall 'un, and I am an even bigger fan.

9. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

I'd have Don Mclean write it

And Ima Robot perform it.
    Just to see what happens.

10. Salinye

Salinye New Member

Well, I guess I should answer my own question, eh?

The thing is, I'm just not really sure. This is a hard one for me! My husband feels like the song "She's Got A Way" by Sting sums up how HE sees me, but he's seriously love drunk, so that really doesn't count. Only he would think so! ;)

I was going to think of something really deep and meaningful, but in the end I've decided that only "Flight Of The Conchords" could really capture me and my life appropriately!! If you haven't heard of them, search for it in Youtube. They're Comedian singers and they're hilarious!

As for what to call it. You got me on that one. :0)

Thanks for answering. It's fun to read your answers.

~S

11. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Aw, man, Flight of the Conchords! The only duo that might rival TMBG for writing my life!
    Oh, no. My mind! She is locked in indecision!
    *does eenie-meenie-miney-mo*
    ....I got to the tiger bit, and got distracted by something shiny.
    I guess the two bands can just work together.

12. Salinye

Salinye New Member

salinye's Life Question #2- Alone Time

If you could spend one whole night alone with anyone who is currently alive, who would you select?

Bonus Question:

If the parameters changed to include anyone in history would your choice change, and if so who would it change to?

There you go! Let us see a bit of YOU, because YOU are GREAT!

~S

13. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Can we clarify what you mean by "spend one whole night alone with"?

14. Salinye

Salinye New Member

Spend the whole night alone with just means a large period of uninterrupted time. Say 24 hours. This does NOT imply sexual connotation if that's what caused the confusion. :) Sorry if that was poorly worded.

~S

15. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

No, don't worry. My fault.

And probably the random girl who gave me a beer on saturday afternoon- because she was nice, and had good taste in music.

16. Rebekkamaria

Rebekkamaria New Member

Dalai Lama. :)

17. Klee

Klee New Member

The last guy or girl I talked to. I like long conversations.

18. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

My best friend, or Terry Pratchett.

19. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Hmmm....A good friend, who I have never met in person. But I have known them for a while...it would be nice to talk over dinner and just spend the hours discussing life and all of things that make it interesting.

~For the bonus....it would change if I could see my great grandmother.."Big Mama" I just want to sit on her back porch one more morning and listen to the dove sing and hear her voice laugh about something from her childhood while she shells peas for the afternoon dinner...and then we can go to her sewing room and she can make me another apron.

In the evening we will walk through the "park" in her very large back yard...and I will pick flowers and give them to her. I truly miss her...those summers went on forever.

20. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Hmm, one whole day, huh? Probably with any Jew I can grab hold of. I need to finish my research already. :p

And for the bonus question, that would be the Apostle Muhammad (PBUH). One day, I would wanna spend a lifetime!

21. LibbyAnn

LibbyAnn New Member

Hmm..probably my best friend. She lives in New Mexico, so we hardly ever get to see each other. 24 hours of uninterrupted time to laugh and do girly things with her would be so much fun!

For the bonus, I'd like to spend the day (and meet) my great-grandmother, who my daughter was named after. I'm always told what an amazing person she was, and it'd be an honor to get to meet her in person,talk, and learn who she really was. Though I don't think 24 hours would be enough.

22. tehuti88

tehuti88 New Member

I don't have any friends or care enough about anyone else to want to spend an entire night with them, so I guess I have no answer for the first question.

For the second, I would say, my old childhood friend, but only if we were both young again OR both interested in the same things again AND I wasn't so shy anymore. She's still alive as far as I know, but she changed and lost interest in me, so I figure she's more history than alive.

There are other people I'd be interested in meeting, but I don't know that I'd get along with them, and I'm too shy anyway; even if I got 24 hours with the most fascinating person in the world I wouldn't be able to talk to them.

23. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

Hmmm... I'll just say... a particular someone with eyes that change colour according to the weather, but lives in a different state right now...

My answer wouldn't change given the different parameters, either.

:)

24. Salinye

Salinye New Member

Well to answer my own question....

The obvious answer would be my husband, even though I live with him and see him every day. A rare 24 hours with no children, just he and I? HECK YAH! BUT if I weren't allowed to choose the obvious choice because that's too easy, well then I'd say........Hmmm....Then I think I would want to spend the day with a mom in a third world country. I would want to do everything she does, experience her life. I would choose this in hopes that I would walk away with a greater appreciation for my life and compassion for those around me. Also, it would be nice to have a renewed desire to actually follow the old cheesy saying..."I want to help make the world a better place."

Now if the parameters changed, and it could be anyone from history, well then I have LOTS of people I'd want 24 hours with. Like Maybe Jesus. Love to hear what he has to say about life today! Or maybe Hitler. Perhaps I could understand his insanity, or maybe soften him. You never know. Perhaps I would even choose my late grandmother...You can't imagine how much I would cherish 24 hours with her again! Or perhaps I'd spend it with a police cheif in the late 60's and take him up in a building near the mossy gnoll (spelling) early into a particular parade so we could all finally KNOW who shot president Kennedy. Who knows, these are just thoughts that came to me when I was actually pondering the question. :0)

25. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Composed by Daniel Licht, performed by Marty O'Donnel. As for the name I have no idea.