Where have you been?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by marcuslam, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Kaymindless

Kaymindless New Member

Oh I've walked on beaches with my coat tight around me, but have never thought to lounge on them, not in the UK. That said, I was also on the side that thought it was insane to need to wear a wet suit to swim in a lake.

2. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

wet suit lol ? Why on earth would you want one of them ? It's only the North Sea :) Although I had to stop swimming in the sea later than September because ear infections.

You can lounge in a coat ;) but it also gets sunny - it was lovely today.

3. Kaymindless

Kaymindless New Member

LMAO Because it's cooollld. I'm from Texas so I'm use to over a 100 degree temperature, one thing is for sure, while a lot of people were wearing short sleeves, I was bundled up. Actually, I did lounge on the beach in my coat, with my kindle. Everyone else was swimming and I was wishing we had brought a thermos of tea.

4. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

LMAO I had the opposite problem. (I live between Aberdeen and Inverness) I went to visit my in laws in Southern California. I'm trotting out the door in t-shirt and shorts - off to buy ice-cream and my Mom in Law is trying to make me put on a padded jacket, hat, scarf and gloves.

5. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

all over the place, for me, Australia, most of Europe, never been to US or Africa though.

6. CLM1188

CLM1188 New Member

I've been to Barcelona, London, Cancun, the French West Indies, and Canada. Barcelona has incredible architecture, and the food on St. Martin's Island in the French West Indies is unbelievable.

7. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

that reminds me of italy. When I came there it was april and 25 degrees C outside, so the scandinavian me thought "summer" and went out in sleeveless top and a gown. People were staring. They were still wearing winter jackets, lol. Eventually I got used to the higher medium temperatures and wore a thick jacket even at 14 degrees, so I guess I wasn't a hopeless case. One time the first year, though, I was still feeling really warm and in the end of october/early november it was still 20 degrees and I was going around dressed as in april. This time it was my flatmates staring! "It's cold!" they said, but I just ignored them, hehe.

1 person likes this.
  8. marcuslam

marcuslam New Member

Many of you guys are so well traveled! That's awesome. Mammamaia, mammamaia, that's quite a list!

Congratulations, Phoenix Hikari :D! Hong Kong would be a great place to visit after getting married.

9. prettyprettyprettygood

prettyprettyprettygood Active Member

The full list would be fairly long and dull but my favourites are France for food, wine and the eccentric French (going for 3 weeks this summer, can't wait!), Umbria in Italy where I got married, Singapore which was unbelievably friendly and lovely, and NYC which is my very favourite place of all.

I was 14 when I last went to Australia and I was too busy being a moody teenager to enjoy myself or appreciate anything, I need to get back there (if only to ogle the Bondi lifeguards :p). I'm dying to go to Tokyo but my husband really doesn't fancy it at all, and I'd love to join my dad on one of his many work-trips to India but he insists I wouldn't like it. So I have some convincing to do before I'm satisfied with my travels!

10. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

Not sure what to make of the Highlands being famous for their lack of people...

I'm originally from the Highlands of Scotland, currently living in England. Have visited:

Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Ireland, Iceland (was stuck out there when the volcano erupted), the Czech Republic, Morocco, and Gibraltar. I want to buy a yurt and go travelling in Mongolia, but I'd probably become stranded and need to be rescued by herders.

11. Kaymindless

Kaymindless New Member

Not famous for it but driving all the way up to Tongue from Edinburgh, half way up you go down to single lane roads and farms and a lot of sheep and the fact that it hasn't been developed like the cities and the beautiful landscapes, I enjoyed traveling northern Scotland much better than the rest. That trip I stayed visited around Tongue and down to Aberdeen (I believe, I got lost and was slightly sleep deprived.) Previously we had traveled through the isle of Sky.

12. topeka sal

topeka sal New Member

I've been to paradise but I've never been to me. :p

Ok, so my faves so far:

--Italy (esp. Sienna, Lucca, Barga (the Garfagnana), and Assisi. Also a seafood restaurant on the Roman Lido, the memory of which still makes me swoon!)
    --Berlin
    --Paris
    --Edinburgh
    --Wyoming (Grand Teton National Park!)
    --Chicago
    --New Mexico and Arizona
    --Seattle
    --Probably some others that I'm forgetting

I also love my native New England and Northumberland, England, where I live now

1 person likes this.
  13. mcpout

mcpout New Member

i live in Scotland but have been to Oz before uni and recently just returned from living and working in Spain for the last six years. Been all over the uk and a few places in the states but think my next dream destination would be New York then Travel down South America way.

14. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Oh lol would take me forever to list where i've been. My family loves travelling. I'll list some of my favourite places though - Australia, Germany, New Zealand, Dubai, Brazil, Japan, Cook Islands and Senegal.

I was born in Germany, lived in Australia till 16 and then moved to England where I now live :D

15. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Wow, that's quite a list! That sounds like a ton of fun.

As for me, I've been nowhere, but I plan to sometime soon(ish).