which famous Person would chose

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Feb 1, 2012.

1. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Cyanide is one of the most popular poisons used throughout history. It is found in nature and it's been used from poisoning prominent figures or ordinary people to using a cyanide gas in nazi gas chambers. It is no longer popular as a murder weapon because every tox screen checks for it so the murderer can be easily found out, but it is widely used in various industries.
    Google Cyanide (and Rasputin, separately) and have a look at Wikipedia articles, they have a pretty good overview of both topics :)

2. Cacian

Cacian Banned

jazzable I thank you...I will do.
    but that is only if they suspect someone and do the testing of blood/urine which is highly unlikely right?

3. toadling

toadling New Member

xD

Funny to see so much talk of Russia and Rasputin as I was reading through the posts to catch up; I was going to say that Rasputin is the first man to come to mind for me. I have been fascinated by this man for a very long time, to the extent that I've been learning Russian bit by bit for years so that someday I can travel to the Motherland and comb through the archives to find more information about him.

You can take a Russian out of Russia, but you can't take Russia out of a Russian.

- Toadling

4. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

These days every death that's unexpected results in an autopsy and Coroner's inquest. Cyanide poisoning has certain very recognisable symptoms which, if they are observed by anyone, will alert the physician as to the cause of death. The test for cyanide is very cheap and simple. it is called Prussian blue and it involves mixing the sample suspected of containing cyanide with iron sulphate and if the sample turns prussian blue (dark blue pigment), the test is positive.
    Also, cyanide smells like almonds which is even detectable on the breath of the person, or sometimes even after death, certainly cyanide is easily detected in the blood before or after death, so chances of missing it are miniscule. Even if the victim is an old person who was dying anyway, the funeral directors would note the smell of cyanide and alert the authorities.
    So I think cyanide poisoning would most likely not be missed, and then there is a simple matter of trying to find out who had the motive and opportunity. Highly risky, imo.