Which Superpower?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Snoopingaround, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Wayne Kernochan

Wayne Kernochan New Member

My first thought was invisibility, but then I thought, wouldn't it be fun to be able to make other people invisible

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Another great super power would be absolute command authority. I want to be able to tell people to shut up and actually have them shut up. My roommate has the ability to talk for hours about the most boring crap in the world, and when I tell him to shut up, he takes it as a challenge to keep talking even more. Argh!

3. Betrayal

Betrayal New Member

What would make it more fun is if everyone had a weakness, that's what makes superheroes not so one-sided.

My superpower would be wisdom, the pen is mightier than the sword. I always believe that everything can be done if the mind is focused enough.

My weaknesses would probably be, mortality; though it could be seen as a blessing because you know you have a set amount of time, I would have knowledge to deal with anything people ask but little to deal with things like love, friendship and romance; limits my abilities.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

an ability to change human behavior permanently [including future generations']... i'd use it to eradicate the proclivity for violence and hatred from all of mankind, so a peaceful world could finally be possible to achieve...

because short of that, it never will be...

5. suddenly BANSHEES

suddenly BANSHEES Senior Member

Oh man, I'm invisible too. And I see that you are a Banshee as well. We should team up and fight crime >:D

I'd like to have the power of time travel, though, by way of a little blue box. And then find a cute redhead to adventure through time with.

6. Superevil225

Superevil225 Member

Probably something useful. I've got two that I can't choose between:
    1) Extreme charisma. Everyone finds themselves drawn to me and instantly trust me. They want to be my friend, and they'll instantly do things for me at the drop of a hat.
    2) The ability to make delicious food on demand. I don't need the ingredients, I just snap my fingers and BAM delicious food. Anything I can think of I can make.

7. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Shapeshifting, definitely. Being an animal would be awesome. And if you don't confine the shapeshifting to just living things, you could turn into things like weapons and stuff like that. You could have anything at your disposal, like turning your hand into a gun. ULTIMATE SHAPESHIFTING!

8. Pea

Pea super pea!

Sounds like psychopathy. I'd hate to have such an ability because the urge to manipulate people would become so strong and I'd become isolated from never being able to have a 'real' relationship with someone.

9. LVOS18

LVOS18 New Member

Immortality because I want to experience as much of this world as I can.

Or maybe the power of reincarnation. I know this isn't traditionally referred to as a superpower but I like the idea of eternally experiencing different lives.

10. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

The ability to create any dream/fantasy I desire and live it :D I would so live out the zombie apocalypse! :p

11. Lost_in_Thought

Lost_in_Thought New Member

I use to live in a Igloo, but it melted :)
    Totaly what my friend would do. But me instead of living out a zombie apocalypse i would like to live out a lifetime that about 50 years after and the zombies still exist and we hide behind fances (such as Forest of Hands and teeth) :)

One of the top superpowers i want is Shapeshifting (though after reading it seems like everyone does). But with shapeshifting isn't limited to existing animals and things, think about it! You could turn into a dragon if you wanted to! Or anything else you could think of!
    :)

12. Corgz

Corgz New Member

Telekinisis. So i could throw my enimies and brothers around when they piss me off.
    I can imagine it now, there limbs dangling in the air after they realise they're stuck.. and then the realiseation that they're going to be thrown into a concrete wall. TAKE THAT YOU DIRTY LITTLE MOTHERFU... i mean... :|

13. IrishLantern

IrishLantern New Member

Time-travel. Not necessarily to change things in the past, but to jump into the future and see what happens. Will the world explode in nuclear apocalypse? Will global warming melt us all? Will humanity spread into the stars? Will I ever get a decent cup of tea here in Australia? All mysteries that time-travelling could really help with.

14. Amphigory

Amphigory New Member

Howsabout Stephen Fry's oratory skills? That's a superpower, right? Right?!?

Wouldn't mind having the accent, too, just so long as I could get a feminine one. There is *nothing* better-sounding than the British accent, except maybe chocolate.

15. Amphigory

Amphigory New Member

Just numb your tastebuds with enough vegemite and soon you won't know the difference. :p

16. IrishLantern

IrishLantern New Member

*shudder* Let's not talk about... vegemite...

17. Amphigory

Amphigory New Member

I propose a new superpower! The ability to transform all vegemite to nutella in your mouth!

18. Gammer

Gammer Active Member

Definitely Super Speed for me. So many uses for it both selfish and selfless. Speed through any assignment, beat the long traffic jams and make any appointment, dodge bullets and beat up bad guys before they can blink. Endless possibilities.

19. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

What about going super slow? Then you could always be taking life easy.

20. Allan Paas

Allan Paas New Member

You snail!
    That doesn't sound exactly positive. Not that it matters, by the time you realize it people have already moved on...
    A superhero called Znail. The distinctive power is super slowness. By the time the hero gets there everything has already been cleaned up and rebuilt. And he wonders, "did I get the address wrong?"

21. Craig@Black-Dragon

Craig@Black-Dragon New Member

I guess I'd like to see the future, but a future I could change, make the best decision on the best outcome. I would use the power to make decisions to better other peoples lives, such as stopping to talk to someone so that the person behind them slows down and doesn't get hit by a car, as a small scale example. Large scale knowing that a guy was about to kill someone and knowing exactly what to do to change that persons mind.

22. Alex W

Alex W New Member

Immortality to the point that I couldn't die or be killed. Or atleast not without being ripped particle from particle anyway, which is unlikely unless we break the universe.

23. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I hear the government hands out subsidies to the Super Friends and Justice League, so if I didn't have to do anything, wouldn't be so bad right?

24. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

The ability to use other's superpower abilities.

Seriously: I'd like the power to eliminate pretensions.

25. akexodia

akexodia Member

Shapeshifter, huh? Then I guess the guy in you display pic would come after you till you die!! ;) :p