Which Superpower?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Snoopingaround, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I wonder if Stan Lee has read Ringworld.

2. Boriol

Boriol New Member

How about supreme wisdom, like Solomon? It'd help me with my indecisiveness and it'd help me write. A lot. It would help everything, and I could use it to benefit everyone.

3. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

I think it would be fun to have the ability to steal other peoples superpowers, then I could try them all out! Or, would that turn me into a villain? Hmm...:D

4. indy5live

indy5live Active Member

I'd take Obama's superpower of print money without considering the consequences and run a country into an economic depression. But at least I'd be rich as long as people still have faith that the dollar was worth something...

5. Britannica

Britannica New Member

My super power would have to be shape shifting.

6. Lady Amalthea

Lady Amalthea Member

Definitely teletransportation. Nothing wastes more time than having to go from one place to another: traffic, car problems, taking public transportation which SUCKS if you live in northeastern Braszil... Not to mention what I'd save on gas. And I'd never arrive late, ever again!

7. Shane Grayson

Shane Grayson New Member

If its not limited to limited to comic books, then I would grant myself the ability to turn rocks into bread and water into wine!

8. Complex

Complex New Member

Invisibility, and none of that 'just you and not your clothes' kind. You cannot call it a super power if you have to run around naked to make use of it.

9. FirstTimeNovelist91

FirstTimeNovelist91 New Member

The ability to go forward or backward in time, shape-shift and transporting myself in thin air. :)

10. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Shape-shifting and telekinesis.

11. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

If I could have any one superpower, it would be that of the first hero I created in my first attempt at a book, Imagine. It is kinda ambiguous, but it kinda makes sense lol.

That power is to impose my imagination onto reality-- That is anything I imagine, I can make reality. [i.e. I could create something out of nothing, turn something into nothing, amass all the knowledge in the world, bring cartoons to life, rewrite all of history if I chose, orrr... I could imagine myself with an unlimited skillset of superpowers, or abilities]

It is outrageous, and cheating in a way, because I'd virtually be a god in human form [unless I took on another form or age XD], but that was the basic premise of that project. What kind of story could I create with a boy with all the powers of God [to create or destroy life as we know it] but the wild imagination of a young boy, and life tha he wants to change? What would he learn as he mtured into adulthood with this ultimate, unlimited power?

As for what I would do with that kind of power... perhaps save the world, perhaps rule it, or maybe leave it entirely to create a new world or universe [as my character did once earth had nothing left to offer him]

12. Andrae Smith

Andrae Smith Bestselling Author|Editor|Writing Coach Contributor

If that is too outlandish, then I would have to choose Superman's strength... the amount of strength and power in those muscles would make for incredible speed, flight-simulating jumps, and make me almost invulnerable. I would probably create a hero Alias and save the world-- assuming I'm not rejected as a superpowered vigilante... Let's face it, anyone who wishes to save the world cannot be beholden to any one organization or gov't... or else it counteracts any measure to save lives because you lose the freedom to make judgement calls on behalf of the people.

13. blandmanblind

blandmanblind Member

Ha! Nice.

I guess I would choose the superpower of duplication. Creating and reabsorbing copies of myself. Think of all I could get done, and if done right, slip totally under the radar with it. Never have to go to work again! Also, much like the comic book character Multiple Man, being able to reabsorb the duplicate for their memories, knowledge, and skill acquired would be phenomenal.

14. Luxin

Luxin New Member

The power to access 100% of my brain. That way I can have amazing ideas for stories to write. Like in the movies: "Limitless" except for the pill part. So I don't get sick.