White people, rappers and the N Word

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by benfromcanada, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

I belonged to another forum where the topic of welfare abuse was being discussed. I am very blunt, yet tactful. As on any forum, there were the PC people who would snipe at you from the sidelines for anything that you said. I was called a racist for merely stating the obvious.

They kept trying to tell me that there were no jobs unless you had a two year degree. I said that the 11 million illegal aliens that we have here and the hundreds daily crossing our borders weren't coming here for a vacation.

I know this is off the original topic, but discussing anything of a racial nature will pull out the ones who want to call you a racist, even if you are being tactful and stating the truth. The N word has no place in anyone's vocabulary period. It is a double standard for anyone to use it then get mad if anyone else does.

Blacks make up over half of my characters in my novels. I was letting friends read along as I wrote the first one. I asked who was their favorite character and it was Batu, the huge former slave hands down.

2. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

Well, that comes with trying to have a discussion on the internet. Unfortunately, there are trolls and people who will get involved with the discussion that don't understand the points being made.

Both types will say anything they want without fear of reprisal because the worst that will happen to them is their username gets banned from that discussion.

Oh, and given enough time, any discussion on the internet will eventually devolve into some getting called a Nazi for one thing or another.

3. Mobhit

Mobhit New Member

The way I see, It shouldn't Exist. I agree when an above poster stated Double standards. I call some a N*gger, and I am racist, and now a days in my town probably get shot. But I have been called Cracker a lot of times, and When I said something I was told "Dude Chill what are you gonna do about it?"

Like Chris Rock said "There is a Difference between a N*gger and a Black Person, The Black person can't have anything nice because the N*gger comes and Takes it all"

But then he turns around and Has a Family called the "N*gger Family* of all white people..(P.S. if you haven't seen one of the skits, Hilarious)

I agree with Chris Rock, I catagorize, maybe I am wrong, But I see a Black Person and I see N*ggers. And I don't mean that In a Racist way.

If I am walking down the street and Bump into a Black person, and they Say oh are you all right, or they say you Excuse me" they are a Black Person.

In the same scenario the if the Person starts yelling and threatening and making racist comments I see a N*gger. Do I use the word, No.

As well as someone mentioning "Gay". I have a Gay Scale, that two of my gay friends love a lot. The scale is "Gay", "Rob Halford Gay" and "Elton John". But I for one may be straight and married But I fight for Gay rights. and I haven't seen half as many Gay Folk get as made over the word Gay as black People over N*gger

But I will say abolish the use of the word, for the soul purpose of Dbl Standard.

4. Felipe

Felipe Active Member

Didn't the word originate as "Nigers?" or those from Nigeria which then got shortened then used as a derogatory word?

5. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin New Member

How dare you confuse Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock. Dave Chappelle is actually funny.

6. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Chappelle was hilarious as a black "white supremacist."

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Chris Rock is hilarious. Just ask him.

8. Jayyy1014

Jayyy1014 Jerrica Contributor

^ Agreed with all the above statements about Chris Rock, He's very hilarious :) :D

9. Oldspeak

Oldspeak New Member

Living in NY (close to the city) I hear that word almost everyday. It's usually between blacks and sometimes Hispanics, it's usually used to describe a man, whatever race he may be. I don't usually hear it from white people, including the white people that live in poor neighborhoods. I've seen fights being started from a white guy saying "nigga". But not all blacks use this word (obviously). It seems to be used more with thuggish black people. I know very classy blacks that would never use that word, they just speak regular proper English. It's more of a class thing than anything else.

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Personally, I despise the word. I only used it in this thread because the word itself was the topic of discussion.

To me, it will always be a term of intolerance, and intolerance is one of the things I will not tolerate.