Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crashbang

crashbang Active Member

Currently Falmouth Uni, normal home is in Essex.

The question of reviewing drafts

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by crashbang, Aug 9, 2009.

Hi all. A few months back I finished my first novel before leaving it a while before editing again. I got a bit of help with editing the initial 30 pages then did the rest by my self (about 186 pages total) so ive done the second draft, and Im now kind of stuck.
    Ive given a number of friends drafts for this book, but they haven't got around to finishing it for whatever reason, and Im not sure they will. So is there somewhere I could go to ask someone to review it for me? Could I ask on here? Its a big ask, because of the length among other things.
    This probably sounds like a stupid question but this website has a place for reading extracts of the book rather then the complete piece, and I could do with the help.
    Thanks very much if you can help this dumb person.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We don't permit members to ask other members to review/edit entire manuscripts. If someone offers to do so, that's another matter. But editing is considered a professional service, and it IS asking a lot of other members.

Furthermore, we have had serious problems with people harassing other members for such services.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.