1. Mangyhyena

Mangyhyena Member

Who here is self publishing erotica?

Discussion in 'Erotica' started by Mangyhyena, Nov 19, 2014.

Who here is actively self publishing erotica? How are your works selling? Tell us a bit about your marketing efforts, length of your stories, platforms, and anything else you are willing to share.

I am writing erotic short stories hard and fast (of course that pun was intended) in order to begin selling on Amazon & Smashwords. I have one completed novella and plan to kick off a series of novellas soon. Would appreciate any experience other Indies want to share.

2. Bryan Romer

Bryan Romer Contributing Member Contributor

One thing to note is that Amazon's attitude towards erotica is very erratic and unpredictable. Be prepared to have your books disappear from Amazon's shelves for the most obscure reasons.

3. SkadiaTrazon

SkadiaTrazon New Member

If you are writing just for the money, stop, and find something else. Now as far as erotica's selling. Do you have a fan base already? Are you starting new? Are these your first things out? Odds are, if this is all just starting for you, your sales will suck. Unless you luck out. I currently have four out, and have been self publishing for over a year. I have a small fan base, and from Amazon, I make about $1/month after doing this for a year. I have heard smash-words is a bit better, but that was from a romance author, so no idea on erotica. As far as what you can do to sell it better. Market. Get yourself an audience before you even publish your first one. Another Indy author gave me some advice. 3 years of hard work, and you will finally start seeing a paycheck. Now if you put out poorly written work, it will take longer.Writing is kinda like sex. Take your time, do it right, build it all up for that one moment (when you release that book!) and then let the world have it.