1. Bick

Bick New Member

Kittens.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bick, Jul 7, 2007.

I've decided I love kittens. This is my second kitten =P My other one grew up and eventually ran from me because we didn't get him fixed. This one, is an angel. I am in love =P He is so tiny, it makes me wonder how he can grow to be so big! Tiny little white paws, but large brown ears. He has a tiny little nose with a white stripe across it :* Is it wierd I actually am so much happier? I find it hard to be sad or angry. My mum even noticed x) I'm usually a grump, but now I am ionno. Maybe I needed someone to take care of.

He did the cutest thing yesterday. He and I were playing and he was on his back. In a split second, he stopped playing and fell asleep in that position. When I moved my hand he stretched out and put his tiny paws over his eyes. And gave a yawn. It was SO cute.

Or maybe I just love animals too much =P

I have another one named Sammie. She is my little darling. I got her about 2 years ago, she was full grown. She was scared and angry and my only friend when my mum made me move in with my dad. At first she attacked me and was mean, but I kept showing her how nice I was and she became my best friend after about 5 months.

She's mad at me since I spend so much time with the kitten. I still spend time with her! She just runs away and gives me the cold shoulder. She finally is letting me pet her again and she even slept on my lap next to the kitten. It was SO cute.

Anyone else have cats? x) Or pets =P You have to tell me about them, I love pet stories :x I just overall love animals =P I find it easier to bond with them rather then people.

2. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

I'm a dog person, and I secretly suspect that all cats are plotting to take over the world, but GODDANGIT THEY'RE SO CUTE =3

I have a big, dumb, adorable black lab who is currently snoring under the computer desk.

3. Bick

Bick New Member

Aw! -cyberly pets him- I have a dog too :( Though I neglect him since I really don't enjoy big dogs, when I own them. I adore them when other own them though.

Cats are moody :p But we have a family cat that loves everyone. He is fat and fluffly and so cuddly =P If you don't like cats, you have to meet him. He'll change your mind.

4. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

i love kittens, they are soo cute. however, i hate cats, lol. like babies. babies are amazing, but what they grow up to be, i can do without that, lol.
    Heather

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I am more of a dog person, but I like cats also. My girlfriend's cat (ok, her DAUGHTER'S cat!) just had her second litter of kittens this year - Susan is NOT happy. As much as she enjoys the cats in the house (if you can get her to admit it!), another 6 kittens is definitely a burden, and she intends to get the momma cat fixed as soon as possible before she can get preggers again.

They also have a Golden Retriever named Rusty, who has absolutely the sweetest disposition I have ever seen in any animal.

I don't own any pets myself - I am away too much of the day, and just don't think any pet would be happy being alone that much.

6. Bick

Bick New Member

We are having trouble with my mums cat and it being in heat. It makes me want to kick it :( But I love animals too much for that. She is so mean too D= Then we have a male cat that hangs around outside, waiting for the day when she can run between our feet and get out. NOT happening.

Awww, my best friend has one of those! They are such sweeties, they couldn't do a mean thing in their lifetime.

7. Cogito

Rusty has only acted hostile toward two people. When he was three months ol, Susan's ex was threatenig her, and Rusty growled and bit his leg.

A year or so later, Susan had a sleazebag landlord who would hang around her windows, and would let himself into the place without prior permission (illegal in Massachesetts!) and Rusty got so he would graowl whenever the landlord showed up - we're pretty sure he kicked Rusty when no one was around.

8. Bick

Bick New Member

aw :( No one should ever harm a kitty! All they have is claws. Though they have a mean bite if they really want to mean it.

9. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

...he's talking about a dog here.

10. Bick

Bick New Member

Rofl =P Oh, my mind is set on cats.

Well doggies are too sweet for that too. Poor doggy :(

11. Cogito

He's a happy boy. No one messes with him, because they'd have his PEOPLE to deal with!

12. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

FYI, best site for cat lovers. I spend way too much time looking at pictures on this site.

Mah Toopay
    Haha, physics joke.
    Armed.

And...you get the idea.

13. Bick

Bick New Member

Aww! -is having fun looking through the site-

14. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

im super upset today. My dog diego got hit by a car and didnt make it. my 4 yr old and the whole family are devastated. He died instantly. I guess he just couldnt shake his love for moving tires.

15. Bick

Bick New Member

Omg -bighug- :( I'm sorry to hear that love. At least he didn't go through a lot of pain.

16. xunrequited.lovex

xunrequited.lovex New Member

K I T T E N S!!!

Eeps! I :love: them! We have like 30-some cats, but we live on a farm so they just roam around freely. So far we only have like 7 kittens. 4 are really wild and I can only pet them when they're eating and are too focused on the food to pay me much mind. The other 3 are so super cute! One's orange that I named Fireheart ( Despite the explosive popularity, I am in fact a Warriors fan ), one's black that I call Edward ( Twilight ), and there's this gray one named Angel. He's my favorite. He's so small but he nurses off like 3 cats and gets extra food from me. So he's so chubby! But when he was really, really little he got attacked by a tom cat and pulled through so Angel seemed to fit him best.

But I'm so head-over-heels for cats. I kinda like dogs, too. Sadly, one bit me when I was younger so even the most docile of dogs frighten me.

17. Cogito

Oh no, that is just awful! Pets are family too, and the loss of one is heartwrenching. My heart goes out to you.

The only comfort is that it sounds like he didn't suffer.

18. EyezForYou

EyezForYou Active Member

My condolensces.

You should go get yourself another dog. A puppy. :)

19. Bick

Bick New Member

Puppies are the best =P

I was just working on crocheting my scarf and the entire time my kitten either attacked the yarn or my leg by mistake =P I will have to lock him out of the room next time I continue it.

20. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

yes thankfully my dog went instantly. Thanks for all the doggy condolences :)

21. Raven

Raven Banned

I have to say when my first Dog Shadow died i was so gutted and upset the place just felt empty without his presence. And when my second Dog Jazz went I was mortified. I lost him two years ago. He had a heart attack on the field when I was walking him I carried him home but he was gone by the time I reached the house. I have never felt a loss for anyone like I felt the loss for him.

I truly feel for you Wordwizard.

~Raven.

22. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

It is nice when someone understands how your feeling. Thank you kindly

23. Cogito

My mother's Doberman, also named Shadow, died suddenly last fall. He was the gentlest, most beautiful Doberman ever, and always playful. Sleek, black, and shiny like satin, he would run around the yard and just flow over obstacles. Then he would park himself on the floor with an almost military bearing, head held high but his paws crossed in front of him.

He is still greatly missed. Dogs are such very special people.

24. Edward

Edward Active Member

ugh, cat's are the cutest things ever. I love my fat lazy Mew, he's so... well, he's blah, but he's cute while he's being blah.

Also, I have a cat story: It was New years day, I was watching the first Pokemon movie (this is back when it was hot) and my uncle came to show my mom he got a cat from a guy outside the supermarket. He was only about three weeks old (much to young to be given away) and my uncle was, and still is, an idiot. Knowing he couldn't take care of a cat, she said she all nonchalantly "oh., you got me a kitten" and made him leave it with us. I wasn't in the mood to come up with a name (it was like, noon on a holiday, I was sleepy), so I named him Mew: Because that's what he said. Like six hundred times. Also, Pokemon the first movie involves the mysterious <fake gasp> Mew. yeah, yeah, it wasn't creative, but it was better then some weird name like colonel wiskerbottoms, and every day at six o'clock he lives up to that name until he gets fed. mrew. mrew, mreeeew damn cat, always walking on me when I'm watching TV, and climbing onto the window sill behind the curtains at night and scaring the crap out of me... I love him though