1. Vince Higgins

Vince Higgins Curmudgeon. Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Caltrans-Detention Basins Design Guide

Fan Fiction?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Vince Higgins, Nov 24, 2023.

Does anyone dabble in this? I have been considering a couple of treatments, one on characters in TV show The Big Bang Theory, and a couple of stories around the recent TV show Ghosts. The Ghosts one regards current events and would play out like a satirical skit on a show like SNL.

2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Oh yeah, we've got a few writers doing fanfic. I don't remember who offhand but several. I know Wreybies, who used to be the admin and was a moderator when I joined, was big on fanfic.

3. Orb of Soda

Orb of Soda Member

I'm supposed to be working on a Starcraft fanfic, but I have a case of the lazies and am blaming it on my health stuff. Granted, I've done fanfiction for years, and have a five part Mega Man fanfic that I'm actually decently proud of.

4. Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade Active Member

Hmm ... I once wrote a five-part fanfic, celebrating the adventures of a hero who was doing his best to kick the alcohol habit, and based on a very-old-but-oh-so-good computer game called Quest for Glory.

Do yourself a favour and look it up. It's fantastic. :D (The game, that is. My fanfic? Hmmmmmmm ... it's not bad, but it's a bit ... meh. But then, it's been about 20 years since I wrote it. My writing skills have sharpened a lot since then). ;)

I also wrote a 13-chapter fanfic, where Leisure Suit Larry (does anyone know about him?) comes to the Quest for Glory universe, becomes king, and has to deal with political issues, despite being a lecherous so-and-so who's obsessed with sex and finding "Miss Right" (but often settling for "Miss Right Now"). :bigtongue:

5. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Haha. Yeah, those were classic.

6. Not the Territory

Not the Territory Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Terran, Protoss, or Zerg?

7. Orb of Soda

Orb of Soda Member

I've heard of Quest for Glory. A youtuber called One Short Eye did speed run videos on a couple of the games. Me personally, the Sierra games I'm more into are the Space Quest ones. Because, you know, space is the place. I wish I knew who owned the rights to that game so I could nag him to make another.

If you're talking about what I played, I mostly went for Zerg, before moving on from gaming in general. I would have tried Terran if I didn't have a thing called real life to account for. As far as fanfiction goes, I prefer Protoss. They have the best story, even if I suck at actually playing them. My favorite character is Aldaris. I love his complexity.

Not the Territory likes this.
  8. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

With the helpful Hardware Man? Oh, no, my bad. Maybe the badass laser dude?

9. Rath Darkblade

Rath Darkblade Active Member

The Space Quest games are nowadays owned by Vivendi. You could try Vivendi, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Having said that, the Two Guys from Andromeda -- you know, the ones who made Space Quest -- are back, and released a new game. Space Venture! :D Check it out.