1. Alecion

Alecion Member

Reincarnation

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Alecion, May 12, 2015.

Fire, water, earth and wind. The basic elements.
    Darkness and light, the opposite forces.
    Lightning, wood, metal and spirit.
    Those created by secret forces of nature.
    Each besides spirit, is a type represented by the monsters of the world, although only in the essence of their soul.
    Humans have the essence of spirit to their souls themselves, able to bind the other spirits and refine them into their strength.
    The MC is of another world, after death he is dammed and due to unforseen circumstances is reincarnated in another world, the world of which I just spoke of.
    His soul however in contrast to other humans, has the essence of darkness, yet due to reasons relevant to the story his body carries around a hint of spirit, thus able to bind others.
    Though he is of the darkness nature he isn't evil, in his past life he was even somewhat kindhearted.
    What sort of look should I give him in his new life? What do you think he should face to build himself up? Is it better in your opinion to do a time skip to his older years or drag his growth on a bit? What spirit to bind him as his first?
    Any answers to the questions above, any questions of your own and any ideas will be received warmly :)

2. RachHP

RachHP Senior Member

Hi Alecion. Though the details you've given are really interesting, the general impression I'm getting is that you don't have a plot for your story. I sympathise but I'm not sure any answers would be particularly helpful at this point - it will all depend on the arc you boil down to.
    Arguably, a lot of the hard part is done already. You have the wider stage, the MC and some of his back story. Now just figure out a goal for him, a series of blocks preventing him from achieving it, and you've got yourself a novel ;)

Just so I'm not completely ignoring your thread's purpose...When I read your description I recalled a number of characters I've watched in various Anime series. An army uniform or some kind of tailor get up seems appropriate (but that might just be me!)

3. Alecion

Alecion Member

I think your right, plot is the problem..
    I'll figure out the acrs, I do have an antagonist, but blocks... Ill figure it out.
    As for uniforms, I do plan on an acadamy so maybe there.
    Thanks

RachHP likes this.
  4. ManOrAstroMan

ManOrAstroMan Magical Space Detective Contributor

At first, I thought you were quoting the opening sequence of Avatar: the Last Airbender.
    You could try casting your characters in another, existing story, just to see what type of story you want to tell: star-crossed lovers, heist, world at war, etc.