Why Am I So Stupid?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TheLeonard112, Apr 20, 2014.

1. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Hey, I was 12 at the time. But very nearly an accidental assassin - I developed quite the reputation.

2. Mans

Mans Contributor Contributor

One day I parked my car in a street, walked through it to watch the shops and buy some stuffs. Do you know what happened afterward?
    after an hour, when I reached end of the crowed street I saw a bus stopped in the station I run toward it and jumped into the bus which it was going to move. When it reached the station near my home and I got out, at a moment, I remembered I had gone for shopping by my car.

3. Poziga

Poziga Contributor Contributor

There's quite a few:meh:

But a funny stupid moment was in summer 2 years ago. I was drinking beer and I raised that heavy glass too high and BAM, slammed it in my front upper teeth. I chipped off my front tooth. And then I washed down the chipped part with beer by accident:crazy:
    I could actually feel it tumbling down my gullet

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  4. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

Where to begin... well, I've rarely felt more embarrassed than when I was on prescription meds, the dosage already maxed out, and about an hour after taking my evening dose, I forgot I'd taken it, and took another one. The next thing I know, I'm awfully groggy and not in a fun way either. The next thing after that, I wake up on the floor, feeling sick as all hell, with paramedics huddling around me.

To add injury to injury, when the OD hit me, I fell on my shoulder, and it's been wonky ever since (now the joint is kinda loose and sometimes wiggles about in its socket). Ached too, for like two bloody months.

In my defense, the meds do cause short-term memory loss as one of their many side-effects, but still, that was rather awkward, not to mention dangerous: if @KaTrian hadn't been there to call an ambulance, chances are, I would've taken the last bow... and in a bathroom, no less. Lucky I'd developed a decent tolerance by then since, according to the paramedics, the dose I took would've easily killed a grown man without tolerance. :rolleyes:

I think that was my 4th or 5th life out of the 9 I apparently have.

5. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

December, 1972. I was a sophomore in college and working part time in a shoe store. Legal drinking age in New York at the time was 18. It's the Friday night before Christmas and I'm working in the shoe store. The store closes at 9:00 and the manager announces an impromptu Christmas party...on him. He breaks out a few bottles of scotch and several bottles of different mixers - mostly club soda and ginger ale. Over the next two hours, we knock off two fifths of scotch. As we head toward the parking lot, I turn to one of my older coworkers and say, "I'm sure glad I only live two miles from here."

"Oh," he says, "don't you know that most accidents occur within two miles of the home?"

"Well, then, I guess I can't go home," I reply (the fact that I thought this was logical was...well, never mind). True to my word, I get into the car and drive 20 miles to a bar near my college campus, where I run into several of my cronies and proceed to drink more scotch. Around two in the morning, I get back into my car and drive the 20 miles car windows open, radio blaring, traveling 20 mph on a parkway where the limit was 55, praying out loud and promising that God gets me home in one piece, I will not ever do anything so stupid ever again.

I made it with no further incident.

The next day, Saturday, I did my penance. I had to work 6 hours, no lunch break (not that I could have eaten anything, anyway, but the break would have been nice) and most of the time in the children's section (ugh!). About two hours in, the assistant manager, who also was not in great shape, cued me in to the fact that we still had the mixers in the storage room from the night before. Every time I went back to get someone a pair of shoes, I downed a cup of ginger ale. Made it through without further incident.

But I still don't know how I made it home that night.

Catrin Lewis likes this.
  6. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

@EdFromNY There are two times in my life where I got lucky with drunk driving.

Once, after a three day party, my friends and I raced back home from the cabin going over 100km/h on the highway and i am pretty sure we were all still high/drunk/hungover/sleep deprived...

Another time, me and a few buds at a bar got blind drunk and the only thing I remember is getting into a car (that's all I knew: Car? Get inside!) and waking up safe in bed... We drove a looong ways home too with everyone way past the drunk line...

Since then, I never get so drunk that I start thinking it's a good idea to get into a car as I don't want to chance a third time.

7. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

I've walked into a wall of glass thinking it was an open doorway. A lot of people have.

Stupidest thing? Getting married to fit in with society. I will forever be on the outside looking in, but I think I'm happy with that.

8. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

Oh yeah, I've walked into a glass wall/door too when I was a kid, but it's way, way towards the bottom of my list of stupid things I've done, alas.

9. cutecat22

cutecat22 The Strange One Contributor

Yep - I've done the glass door one too :oops:

TheLeonard112 likes this.
  10. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

When I was younger I chipped my front tooth off the side of a pool while playing marco polo. Never got it fixed; I mean it isn't noticeable and it hasn't affected my barley existent relationship life. Adds character.

11. TheLeonard112

One thing I forgot to mention. When I ran into the door after the shaking of the glass I looked around and saw an employee. We looked at each other, and I said "We do things sometimes." I tried to play it off with a fake smile and he replied "Yeah but not quite like that." I walked out of the store and I thought to myself: "Oh so he is gonna be that guy!"

12. RK4

RK4 New Member

I once dropped a ceramic cup on a table. I tried to catch it but for some unexplainable scientific reason one of the shards drilled itself into the back of my hand. Skin and flesh was shredded open, tendon was torn entirely, bone was visible and blood was spilling everywhere. I needed over fourteen stitches and couldn't use that hand for six weeks, plus I needed physical therapy for twelve weeks. Only by dropping a cup :D

13. J.P.Clyde

J.P.Clyde Prince of Melancholy Contributor

A little off topic, but Hot Topic has always been more like a nerdy niche store, imo.

Stupid. Well does not keeping my mental filter on, count as stupid?

Walk into Baskin Robins with my current roommates. I really don't like Baskin Robins or anything like it. I cannot really have it either because I'm lactose intolerant. I don't know if the sickly sweet smell was making my brain not work. When all my roommates got their orders the server looks at me

"What can I get you?"

Me, "Oh no I'm good. I think I got diabetes from the smell alone in here"

*facepalm* Does that count as stupid? Or just rude? Or maybe Stude? Rupid? o_O

14. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Ha! As long as you aren't saying that to the owner's face, you're good. ;)

15. J.P.Clyde

Well considering how I lack my mental filter. One of these days I will.

Talking about medication, I've done something equally stupid. Opening my lovely rectangle of the days of the week, having my hand slip, there goes Wednesday down the toilet. Have a nice swim. I hope you make some frog have a horrible disfigurement.

16. Okon

Okon Contributor Contributor

I once walked into a glass door, too, but this one was covered with decals and had a thick wood border. Even birds aren't that stupid:p

17. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I was in a very long job interview and was starting jello legs . When I got up to shake the boss' hand I fell down, then started laughing.

Okon likes this.
  18. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I have way too many stories of when I have been refreshed by lady liqueur, so I'll give one honest-to-god example of my sober stupidity.

I was in an interview and it seemed to be going well. I got to the typical interview questions like 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?', and blah blah, and I was asked 'What would you say is your worst quality?' and I thought since the interview was quite relaxed and friendly I'd try making a joke so I said the first joke that came to mind:

'I'm a homicidal maniac'.

Stupid, stupid Lemex! :mad:

J.P.Clyde likes this.
  19. TheLeonard112

Lol

Guy: What would you say is your worst quality?
    You: Probably my fixation on locking people in my basement. *laugh*

J.P.Clyde likes this.
  20. J.P.Clyde

Had a similar experience, just not as bad. At Starbucks, the barista was really swamped and busy. We're finally up she goes

"Sorry for the wait"

My response, "That's okay, I don't think the body in the trunk decayed that fast"

She looked frightened at first and I was like oh dear, "I am of course joking," <--was my save because I swore she was going to call the cops on me

21. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Senior Member

It should be noted that if you did or said something stupid, it doesn't mean you are a stupid person.

22. Snoopingaround

Snoopingaround Banned

I avoid stupidity if I can.

23. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Senior Member

If you do something stupid, you must realize that you're only human and that everyone else does stupid things too every so often.

24. Larissa Redeker

Larissa Redeker Active Member

I'm a cosplayer :p

25. cynthia_1968

cynthia_1968 Active Member

When I was fourteen, I tried to stop with my feet on the front wheel of my bicycle because a friend said that I didn't dare to do it. My foot got caught between the spokes of my front wheel, and I flew on the ground. Ouch.