1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

The Gender Question.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wreybies, Jul 28, 2009.

Ok, today's weird question is this:

[​IMG]

If you could be the opposite sex for one day:

What would you do?

What do you think you might learn?

What would you hope to learn?

*** Question Level 2 (for the braver of you lot) ***

Now, imagine that instead of being the other gender, you stayed your own gender but became
    attracted to the opposite of whatever gender to which you are currently attracted.

Same questions apply to this scenario, and again, just for one day.​

2. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

1. What would you do?

I would see just how difficult it is to actually get ALL of the pee INSIDE the toilet. :)

3. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Question one: I have to agree with Emily. I would also like to pee outside standing up. Pee in the snow and write my name.... I may also do a lot of heavy lifting.I would also have intercourse.(Don't pretend you all weren't thinking it.)

Question Two: I guess I would be attracted to women then. Not much you could do about it. I would also become pretty popular with the fellas...

4. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

I would get banned for talking about all the things I would attempt if I had a penis for a day.

As for being attracted to girls...I don't think it would be that far of a stretch for me, honestly. I find females sexually attractive, so I'm halfway there I guess. I've never had a romantic attraction to a girl. But I could see it happening.

5. Wreybies

Interesting.....

I get the feeling that this is going to be a girls only thread.....

6. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

1: First off; if it was a choice, I would have said no thanks. If I suddendly woke up as a female, I would think it was a dream and would probably just do whatever I felt like doing. Slouching on the sofa listening to music watching tv and sitting on the computer, lol. Unless there's a sudden change in... wishes. I would like to know what makes so many women feel like they have the right to judge males as a single entity. o_O If anything I would learn if they have other influences on the thought process than us males do. Oh yeah, before any of that. I would have to put on clothes and get out of my family's house before they would have called the cops because a thief was in their house. Either that or I could say that I was "Ragnar's friend" or something and that I was supposed to wait for him at the house. LmAo.

2: The dilemma would be whether to"come out" and lose my best friend, who might not be a homophobic, but doesn't... like to have gays in his near proximity I think, although I might be wrong. Or just "stay in the closet" and let everything stay as it was. Of course then I would have another thing in common with one of my other good friends, but I doubt that anything would change even so. Oh just for one day. lol. Would do what I normally do. Can't say that I see reason to act differently, except if I have no idea that it is only for one day.

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'd pass... and just have fun watching everyone else doing silly stuff, during their changeover... ;-)

8. SonnehLee

Ditto.

9. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Honestly, I'd probably do the same stuff I usually do. Though like Wordwizard pointed out, I would likely do a little compar and contrast study about intercourse. As for what I'd learn? Hmm, probably just how much of a pain in the rear end it is to carry around a pair of breasts all day. Oh and how much of a pain it is to get hit on a lot.

Well since I'm bi, I guess the opposite would be asexual... which would kinda suck. :p

10. Wreybies

I never answer my own questions, because I don't relly want to steer people in a particular direction as to their responses, but on this occasion....

Wow! What I wouldn't do if I were a girl! I would hope that I were passably pretty and I would go shopping! I doubt I would buy anything seeing as I would only be a girl for one day, but I would like to try on so many things. Guys get shirts, short, jeans, pants. That's it. Boring! Girls have sooooo many more options. I think it would be fun!

And then, I would go and flirt with boys. Str8 boys. Just to see if they acted any differently towards me than gay guys do now. And I would be a serious flirt! I mean, who cares, I'll be me again tomorrow.

Than.... I would go and try something that was masculine in nature just to see the reaction of other people and to have an idea what it was like to be expected to fill that gender roll.

Then.... Hmm. Gonna have to think about what else I would do...

As for the second part of the question, like Shadow, I know what both sides of that fence are like, so no real mystery. :rolleyes:

11. SonnehLee

I just thought of something I would do.

I would buy boxers, and a pair of those jeans that hang off random guys' butts and see if it's really as much effort as it seems to hold up your pants all the time.

12. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I hate it when guys wear those, how hard is it to use a belt? :mad:

13. SonnehLee

It seems like it'd be easier! geez.

14. Forkfoot

Forkfoot Caitlin's ex is a lying, abusive rapist. Contributor

Ditto, but with the female stuff.

Let's just say I'd take the day off work and make it a "me" day.

As for the second question... hmm... nope, simply not fathomable. I'm not a homophobe or anything, but, like, a dude being attractive to me? That's like trying to imagine waking up without an intense hatred for Sean Hannity.

15. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

So I am gathering that we aren't just talking cross-dressing for a day, but actually having the option to have the opposite sex's body, thus I would look like a man in all faculties, facial hair, penis, big arms...the whole hairy nine yards?

What would I do if it were only one day. I would start out by masturbating, of course that would be after I pee'd standing up and leave the toilet seat in the upright position. Since I'm not in danger of falling in anymore.

I would have to get used to walking with the issue between my legs, but I imagine it can't be that hard, so long as it isn't blazing hot and the junk isn't dangling too low.

I'd try my hand out at getting my car fixed by a mechanic to see how different they treat me.

I'd try some social experiments as to how I am treated out in public as a man. Are people more likely to be rude, compared to when I was female? Do some women really get pissed off when a man holds a door open for her? (note--I do not get pissed off when this happens, I thank them with a smile.)

I'd try my hand flirting with straight women,but still having been a women, I would know all the tricks so getting laid that night wouldn't be a problem.

I'd definitely want to do it standing up, sitting down, on top, on bottom...well pretty much the way I do it now, only being the giver rather than the receiver. Which could be quite fun, as many women have strap on dreams at some point in their life...

I imagine I would learn that being male isn't so different from being female. We all have the same fears, same hopes, same dreams, just different little pet peeves.

As for your second part of the question...well I'm already there, though I am with a man now, I'm already into women too, in more than a threeway situation. I've dated a girl or two...it's quite different from being with a man. Women are emotional, temperamental, critical, jealous, and sometimes a tad bit crazy. Frankly, I don't think I could do the whole lesbian thing full time, it's too exhausting. I like my men with a little bit of logic and reason, and with a dash of emotional vulnerability. Women are just too much to deal with. If I had to be a dyke, I'd probably be the butch of the relationship, as I tend to be more guy like anyway.

Edit: Realized I should probably clarify that "dyke" is a common term now used among lesbians I know and love. It is not meant as a slur.

16. Forkfoot

I actually always kinda envied gay guys for basically this reason. If two of them have a fight, they don't have to stay up all night talking about their "feelings" and problems that don't exist: they can just go out back and duke it out! Winner take all!

Man, that'd be sweet.

17. UnknownBearing

UnknownBearing New Member

Level 1:

-probably take pictures
    -how horrible men are
    -why women are always right.

Level 2
    -gay things i'd imagine.
    -how cruel people can be.
    -nothing really.

18. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

If I were a man for a day, I would go camping and pee standing up. Beyond that, I really don't know.

Ooh, I would go to the gym and find out what my max was on bench press. Because I've always wanted to be able to bench press my body weight and never been able to.

19. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I'd want to have sex, you know.. to see how it's different for a guy... and whatnot.

Yeah, that's really my only true curiousity. How sad.
    Haha.

20. Hsnodgrass

Hsnodgrass New Member

1. Spend four hours comparing two different pairs of shoes just to see what the hype is about.

2. Get lettuce from another dude and compare to my experiences with females.

21. Primitive

Primitive New Member

Id comfort eat all day and watch soap opera's in bed. With "bob" of course.

22. Wreybies

Um... This is less sweet than it sounds. Promise. Just sayin'. :redface:

23. Forkfoot

C'mon, dude. It can't possibly be worse than those marathon all-nighters where you stay up fighting about how you're supposed to feel about one another.

24. Wreybies

They are the same thing, just in different form. They both tend to act as a death knell. :redface:

And believe it or not, gay fellahs' are no strangers to those all-nighter conversations where you attempt to either get your partner to divulge their feelings, or spend the night trying to dodge the question.

Being gay does not save you from this. Nope. We even go to couples counseling, which is the same thing as an all-nighter except you have to pay.

25. Forkfoot

Man, what's the point in dating guys, then? I personally would much rather take a good honest knee in the teeth than bicker for hours about feelings and stuff.