1. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Why I need a motorcycle

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CDRW, May 11, 2008.

For the last three years every time spring came around I have wanted to get a motorcycle, and that desire doesn't go away untill winter. I've finally decided, I have to get one. I love to go on drives around town, just taking random turns and seeing where I end up. The thing is, on those drives I can't stand to have the window up and the rest of the car is almost as bad. It shuts me out from the world. I don't feel like I'm moving along at 65 mph down the freeway, I feel like I'm sitting in a small box with tv's on all sides. Everything about it feels like what it is, a cage. The lack of airflow, the small view out the back, having to crane my body around to see past the posts when I'm checking my blind spots; it all does it. Then there's the price of gas. I'm looking at getting one of the '08 ninja 250's. Wish me luck.:D

2. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Good Luck!

3. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Hey, motorcycles are pretty cool...nothing is as liberating!!

Good luck to you!!! :)

4. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

Why I need a motorcycle.

To run races against guys...........and of course........do what I love doing.......

SHOW OFF!! :p..lol

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Well good luck and I know what you mean about feeling like you are in a box. It is why I loved horse riding so much. Pure freedom....I hate riding motorbikes though. Terrified of em. Bad experiences....Mase loves em though.

I hope you get your bike and that you find the enjoyment you are after from it as well. :)

<when you do post up a piccie of your bike :p>

6. Sayso

Sayso New Member

I know someone with a Ninja and they say it's a wonderful bike to ride but only in the dry as it slides all over the place in the rain. He also seems to have a problem keeping the front wheel down.

If it's your first bike then I would try something with a little less power until you get used to the feel of them.

Nothing like a bike though. Especially when there's a fly in your helmet!