2. My alter ego and me

3. Me, myself, and I

4. More than three

5. It's not your business!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. little_writer

little_writer Member

Why not to write about it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by little_writer, Sep 22, 2015.

Do you know Billy Milligan, a person with multiple personality disorder having 24 personas in his head?

Daniel Keyes has told his story in the bestselling book, The Minds of Billy Milligan, and Leo DiCaprio is going to play all 24 personalities of this unusual man in a new movie, The Crowded Room. Obviously, guys from Bid4Papers decided to help Leo deal with such a difficult role and (finally!) get an Oscar for it, so they created a cool infographic devoted to Billy's ten core personalities. I've found it here - bid4papers.com/blog/billy-milligan

Who knows, maybe DiCaprio will decide to use it as a cheat sheet.

Don't know how about DiCaprio, but I think we, writers, can use it as a cheat sheet to come up with new writing ideas. Why not, actually? I believe, each personality of Billy Milligan could be a perfect character of short stories, blog posts, or even essays. What do you think of it?

Here they come:

[​IMG]

So, if you experience a writer's block or just want to write about something interesting, multiple personality disorder gives a plenty of extraordinary ideas for storytelling.

• Have you ever wondered if we all could be MPs?
    • How do you think, can one personality be born within others?
    • Should one persona be responsible for the deeds of others?

I am sure, this real-life phenomenon can give rise to many questions that can be used to write about. Do you have any? Share them in comments, and... let's write about it!

2. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

Unrelated, but I just had to note how much Arthur looks like Milo from Atlantis: The Lost Empire. (Also, that movie sounds fascinating.)

little_writer likes this.