Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Asher

Jack Asher Wildly experimental Contributor

Wiping out Daesh in 72 hours

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by Jack Asher, Dec 12, 2015.

Read this paragon of modern literature!

What Defeating ISIS Would Look Like

Edited to add: Pay no attention to the redirect, I used donotlink.com. You'll get to read the page and his site won't see anything for your traffic. Because (as mentioned below) fuck his traffic.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Sounds like what happened with George W. Bush.

[​IMG]

Bush to this point in time, had the highest approval rating of any President in history since they started doing these types of polls back when Roosevelt was President.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/4924/bush-job-approval-highest-gallup-history.aspx

3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

Link won't show up. A message comes up saying it has been classified as offensive and redirects.

4. Jack Asher

No, the redirect goes to the correct page. I used donotlink.com, because fuck that guys traffic.

5. Jack Asher

Yeah, but you'll remember what happened to that? After two quagmire wars he left office with the third lowest approval rating in history.

But I do love the way the author assumes that, the entirety of America, will get right behind the killing of every civilian in the Middle East.

6. Adenosine Triphosphate

Adenosine Triphosphate Old Scratch Contributor

Goddamn political correctness. Can't even bomb civilians anymore.

Acanthophis and Jack Asher like this.
  7. Iogairn

Iogairn New Member

1) I don't see a reason for the US to take out Da'esh while the dispute in Syria is still raging on. Da'esh are providing an excellent reason to establish footholds along NATO borderlines in Turkey and put pressure onto Assad. If Da'esh are defeated then the US will have to go back to neutrality regarding the issue which would mean the anti-US Bashar al-Assad would remain in power, further consolidating the Shi'ite axis in the Middle East.

2) Yeah, I don't think the US citizens care that much about Da'esh. Obama would be seen as a war criminal by the liberals and the conservatives would hate him regardless. I don't know US politics, but what tends to win election here in the UK are the NHS, immigration and the economy in general. Foreign affairs generally aren't considered hugely when making a manifesto.

3) This disruption would cause huge problems in the Middle East regardless. I'd imagine in would obliterate the city of Raqqa and I'd assume most of northern Syria. Oil fields have already been hit badly and it will likely take generations for that region to recover economically and population-wise. This would lead to an increase in poverty and would lead to more people joining extremist groups against the US (who they have just seen blowing apart their city) such as al-Nusra.

Also, the ethical implications etc.

8. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.