Tags:
  1. Sylvester

Sylvester New Member

Covering up the crime

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Sylvester, Jul 18, 2009.

I'm trying to figure out a way to cover up the abduction a group of kid super heroes so nobody will come looking for them to rescue them.

The idea is that magical doubles meant to protect their secret identities will keep their families and friends from realizing any of them are missing. New members, nobody even know Mover, Element, Shrinker, and Byte exist so their disappearance won't be even noticed.

I'm trying to figure out a way to cover up the disappearnce of the other four.

The idea I have is to lure them to an old Cold War satellite and blow them up. If they die, they won't be able to interfere with the villains plans. If they survive however, they intend to snatch them before anyone finds out.

The exploding satellite will explain their disappearance, but it seems to be a bit extreme. I'm looking for any other ideas to "dispose" of them.

2. Necromortis

Necromortis New Member

The 'Cold War satellite' idea seems a little bit extreme too me as well. There would also be a pretty large investigation into that, I'd think.

I'd recommend a fire or something like that (warehouse fire that conveniently covers up executions?). Possibly involving their magical doubles as well, to make it even more convincing. Or you could throw in a bunch of innocents as a smokescreen, so the government (or whoever 'runs' the superheroes in your world) doesn't suspect it was a plot to get rid of the heroes - they were just caught in the crossfire.

~Christian

3. ChaseRoberts

ChaseRoberts New Member

If the death toll is not an issue, a simple 'gas explosion' at their school would work well. It's hell to piece together little blown up bits of bodies.

If it was just one or two kids, I would have recommended going down the Social Work route, finding the parents unfit and court orders banning them from seeing their children.

4. Sylvester

Sylvester New Member

Covering up their disappearance from their families isn't the problem. The kids will unwittingly do that by having the clones take their place while they are out playing super hero. The clones believe they are the real kids and will continue to be them until Renee/White Sorceress casts a spell to get rid of them.

The problem I have is explaining the public disappearance of the heroes so nobody will suspect they've been abducted. If they just disappear, people will get suspictious and start looking for them.

Not that they'll find them, but it'll make their plight appear more hopeless with nobody looking for them.

5. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless New Member

Bravely adventuring beyond the fourth wall.
    The villains could leave their hero suits or whatnot torn in bloodied pieces in a public place (/unrelated disaster), although whether anybody would fall for that might depend on how genre savvy they aren't. They could just make a public statement saying the heroes are dead and daring them to attack - the kids being abducted means they can't - and people will assume it's true.

Failing that, the villains fake the betrayal of the heroes somehow. (Piece together dubious audio, fake sightings of them fleeing the country, whatever.)

Failing that, the villains could tone down their usual villainy and conduct their plans in secret so that people just assumed the heroes had no NEED to appear.

6. zaphod

zaphod Member

maybe the kids are supposed at a "summer camp" or something, a subterfuge that's more innocent.

an accident or disaster involving children would be a media circus and the scene would be so thoroughly investigated even a fictitious bad guy wouldn't stand a chance getting away with it

7. arron89

arron89 Banned