Tags:
  1. Narwhal

Narwhal New Member

Movie-Night Online

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Narwhal, Jan 28, 2008.

Hey, just an idea I tried out tonight (Im sure it's been done before but I did it last night to great effect).

Basically, I go on stickam (a webcam site, open to public) and play a movie on my webcam. I invited my friends into a conversation on MSN and we just talked about the movie / anything while it was on. It was really fun actually, we all got to talk about specific moments as they happened or just random thoughts, and I introduced a few different friends to each other in the process. We all bonded through laughing at the decapitations in Sleepy Hollow or being impressed by Jack Nicholson's talent in The Shining, so, it was awesome :).

I encourage you all to try it, and if you want, you're welcome to view or chat the next time it happens. No specific time, just whenever it's convenient (Started today around 7pm EST and just ended now at 12AM). We did The Shining, Sleepy Hollow, and then an episode of "It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia". As far as what plays, its basically just whatever I have and whatever me and my friends are in the mood for. I have Rogers cable which has two free movie databases on it (where I got the two movies from), as well as a DVD player and a decent collection I'll make use of. Tommorow night (tonight) I'm planning to do some comedies, specifically Christopher Guest and Woody Allen movies. I take suggestions but will also try to show movies to my friends they may not've seen.

al_sirat - Stickam is where you can view it (when it happens), but rather than clicking it constantly or randomely hoping, you can add me to AIM or MSN and I'll let you know when it happens. You don't need to register for anything, you can "join a webcam room" if its live and public enabled, as mine is. There is a chatroom feature in stickam but I just prefer MSN for chatting (thats what we all used tonight).

AIM- narwhalbeam
    MSN- alex.e.hnatiuk@gmail.com

Also planning to do some Romero zombie films this week (and as mentioned, Woody Allen and Christopher Guest comedies). ANYWAY, thats my plug. :)

[​IMG]
    (Iron Chef America, just to give you an idea of the tv / video quality heh)
    (Video quality was actually pretty damn good for webcam, the contrast adjuster isn't perfect but for the most part it looked great.)

2. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Thats sounds cool.
    I'm getting images of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 in my head from reading about this.

3. Narwhal

Narwhal New Member

it was pretty awesom hehe.

I just rented Spinal Tap and Annie Hall (woody allen movie). Im hugely dissapointed by my video store, those were the only two they had (of either woody allen or chris guest).

Ill post when it goes live.

4. Narwhal

Narwhal New Member

Im live; Spinal Tap is playing

Enjoy :)

al_sirat - Stickam