Worst Book

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Raven, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Banned

Worse Book I have read to date. Blade Runner 2 Edge of Human K, W, Jeter

2. sashas

sashas New Member

Worst books ever?
    You're kidding, right?
    Some of those are pretty much the best books ever written.

3. PrincessGarnet

PrincessGarnet New Member

OMG? I'm reading it just now and loving it, it's so gripping.

Most people seem to be mentioning books they read at school and perhaps if you were to read through some of them just now, you might be surprised. I imagine if i had to read 'the old man and the sea' at school i wouldn't have liked it - well any hemmingway, as he's quite slow and some of what he describes I think 'what was the point in that?', but he does have talent even if his style is heavily influenced (in my opinon) by Joseph Conrad.

Books I was going to have to read for an English course I didn't end up taking that I wasn't too keen on were, 'Orlando' by Virgina Woolfe. It's the strangest story of a man turning into a woman over so many centuries. I think I read the first chapter and gave up. Also 'Oroonko' by Behn - which I couldn't get into although i think it was written in the 16th century, i think it was hard to follow if i recall

The only booksI can think of that I have actually read completely are Angels and Demons' or the 'Da Vinci code' - they are badly written and once you read one you can predict what's happening in the other, also it's more a descriptions of a film than a novel, this happened then-this- then this. They are quite big books but I finished not knowing much depth of the main characters or any.

4. Shiranai-san

Shiranai-san New Member

The work book I ever had the misforune to read?

Hands down, The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I hated the book and despise his writing style. That book was the first book in the history of my life that ACTUALLY put me to sleep.

John Steinbeck is alright. I don't like his writing style and I hate how he ends his books.

Eragon--I was disappointed. Finally picked up the book after hearing so much hype about it for years and it didn't captivate me enough to finish it. The writing sort of put me off to it too...

5. aimeefriedland2

aimeefriedland2 Banned

Eragon
    lord of the rings (can we say: out-dated and booooring)?

6. aimeefriedland2

aimeefriedland2 Banned

wat the?

7. Neo

Neo Member

Catcher in the Rye
    Silas Marner

I'd have every copy burned if I could.

8. Dickie Bird

Dickie Bird New Member

Don't particularly have a worst book, although my favourite book is Pride and Prejudice!

9. The Emperial Kid

The Emperial Kid New Member

The worst book I ever read was The House on the Gulf by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I had to get a book out at my school library and I didn't have much time, so I pretty much just grabbed it off the shelf without looking at it. Reading that book was just a big waste of time. It's not horribly written, but the plot pretty much stinks nd it was really slow, boring, and pointless. -.-

10. goodtik

goodtik New Member

great cool awesome what a cool idea for a post. lets all bash the worst together. I posted this very Q. to another, lamer, writing forum, and the morons didn't even reply.
    My worst book would have to be Old man and the sea, by Hemingway. Boy, that thing went nowhere.
    and BTW, whoever said Stoker's Dracula is wack, is Nuts!

11. Car'Mel

Car'Mel New Member

I try to read as much as I can but I dont have that many books that interest me but my aunt said the worst book that she read that's part of her book collection is "crackhead"

12. Edward

Edward Active Member

I once read a book so bad I couldn't get through the first few pages. And that's bad, cause it may have had a good story. The problem? There was no quotation marks. It was insane to read, the whole thing was dialogue, but you couldn't tell where the dialogue let off and the people started doing things! It was insane!

13. online.education

online.education New Member

I wouldn't say worst, but I'm not too crazy about Hemingway. I don't quite get the fascination.

14. crashbang

crashbang Active Member

Currently Falmouth Uni, normal home is in Essex.
    hmmm...

i fell asleep while our class was reading a christmas carol, and got poked awake in double quick time, it was quite boring. the mupphet christmas carol on film is so much better:D
    ill probs read it again, see i can confirm my suspicions

edit: i have a friend at school who told me about eragon and such. she reads loads of fantasy and likes those books. personally they sound bit familiar

*deep voice* eragon, i am...your brother! muahahaha
    *flies off on medieval star wars fighty thing*

still think theyre not bad though.

15. online.education

online.education New Member

The Great Gatsby is another one ...

Pretty damn boring ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.