worst dream ever

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by wordwizard, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

LOL nice Wrey! xD

I always have really strange dreams. I can only recall a handful of them in my entire life being somewhat normal. o_o
    I had a dream a spider farted on me once. No joke.
    I also had a dream way back in Junior High that the guy I had a huge crush on wasn't actually a 'guy' downstairs if you catch my drift hahaha.
    The list goes on and on... and on.

But I think the /worst/ dream I ever had, that left me in a cold sweat and unable to go back to sleep was:
    It started off in my bedroom - I was on the computer talking to people on MSN and I got an IM saying that somebody was going to kill me blahblah. And I was like wtf obviously. xD
    So then I start hearing this really distinct 'dragging' noise. I get up to go find out what it is and our entire apartment is completely trashed.
    When I hear the noise again I look up and over at the hallway and I see my cousin Ryan dragging my mom's dead body in this see-through plastic bag and she's like all butchered up and whatnot.
    Omfg it was the freakiest thing I've ever seen. >.x
    And then he corners me and is like 'I had to do it, you don't understand'.
    But he sounds all creepy and then I wake up. :(

2. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I tend to have recurring dreams where I visit creepy old haunted houses. The weird thing is while I'm there I feel like I've actually been there, even when I wake up and am groggy. It's not until 10 minutes later that I realize it was a place I had made up before in other dreams. Really bizzare and unsettling when you're barely awake early in the morning! :p

3. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

Your dream sounds....pretty interesting. My dreams always involve something supernatural, like magic, some romance, and action. Sometimes I have recurring dreams where for every time I have that dream, I recognize the events in the dream and gain more control over it, but if I try to control the dream too much, I wake up. I have dreams that end up becomming premonitions too.

Maybe your dreams bear some personal meaning?

4. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

I just remember only one. It was Christmas and I was at my grandparent's house. In the dream I was at a friend's house (like a house away) and then out of nowhere we ran out like crazy to my grandparent's house. I hid in a bedroom... A werewolf was chasing me. One of the few dreams I remember.

Have you ever realized you were in a dream? I did once and it's pretty cool. I think they're called lucid dreams. Once I realized, everything stopped. I could fly and I bent a street up by pure willpower. Woke up shortly after, and never got to do it again. It was really awesome.

On a final note... Do you know what I'm scared of? Not waking up in my reality (or waking up in a recursive dream). When I'm sleepy I often try to make sure I'm not in a dream, y'know like reading something to check and/or pinching yourself or checking consistency between where everything was and is or just trying to talk to someone. Sometimes when I'm sleepy shadows and/or lights move in the corner of my eye (tiredness : p) and I just have to make sure I'm not dreaming. And, this just stopped a couple of years ago, whenever I was trying to sleep my mind would just start thinking about every little thing that could kill me and my family right then. I went through all of these scenarios a couple hundred (lol) times in my head. Atomic explosion, thieves (theft is big on my city), professional killers, kidnappers, tanks, a coup, the military taking over the barely standing goverment, a meteorite, the dam breaking and flooding, the car exploding, random heart attack.

So...No, I don't really get a lot of bad dreams.

5. destinationless

destinationless New Member

They say much of the dream is lost the second you regain conciousness and continue to lose detail as the time progresses. If this is true, my dream should have killed me! This happened seven years ago, and I still remember every minute detail.

In the real world, it was only days before September 11th, 2001. I had just finished reading a short novel called The Terrorist by YA author Caroline B Cooney. An amazing read, even now, but it had some affects on me.
    Within days, the 9/11 attacks occurred...
    I credit both for the horrific nightmare I had, maybe a week after the tragedy.

I dreamt that I was on United Airlines Flight 93, the plane that landed near Shanksville, Pennsylvania; the flight that fought back. I knew the flight was going to crash before I stepped on the plane, but I couldnt give up my seat; someone else was bound to take it (for some asinine reason, I couldnt just merely inform the airlines that the plane was doomed, but that's how dreams are sometimes, I suppose).
    When the terrorists took over the plane, everyone just lost it, but I couldnt move. (My immobility might have been what frightened me most.) People were calling their family, friends, saying goodbyes, praying, crying, some were making the plans to regain control of the plane... I looked at my cell phone, but I could decide who to call first; how much time did I have? I never ended up making a call and died in the dream.

Apparently, I was shrieking about death all throughout the dream, because the first time I had it, my mother woke me up (before I died in the dream), telling me that no one was dead..
    I had it again a few nights before I was scheduled to fly to New York two summers ago, and I must say, it was pretty damn terrifying. The dream finished and I died when I had it for the second time.
    It hasnt occurred since...

...On a slightly more positive note, the last dream I had was a positive one; I am so broke, that I actually -dreamt- about having money in my wallet. :p

-D

6. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

That dream happens to me CONSTANTLY

I have it at least once a week

and it's always so real. It scares the living bejasas out of me.

7. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Yep, this is a regular with me as well.

I’m my dreams though I’m pretty much always in the bathroom playing with a tooth and it falls, hitting the sink.

I read somewhere that it was a dream that meant luck is around the corner.... I disagree and think its my conscious telling me to go to the dentists, as i have a wisdom tooth that is crumbling etc.

Also so very very real!

8. Jade

Jade Active Member

One of the worst dreams I ever had was I was at a lake, and on the edge of some underground shelf of earth. Some baby rolled into the water and was sinking down - under the shelf beneath my feet. I could hear it screaming and crying. It was horrible.

9. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

the worst dream i ever had is a recurring falling dream always happens whenever im about to make a life altering choice. its weird and i dont like it very much. Falling is not one of my favorite pasttimes.

10. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

For some reason falling dreams haven't ever bothered me. The one that I remember happened when I climbed a huge cliff in ancient china or Japan. At the top there was a red dragon guarding it's hoard of Gold. I think I made friends with the dragon, and then on the way down I fell. I hit the ground. I bounced. I climbed the cliff several times and fell each time, one time I even landed on a bicycle that someone had left lying down at the bottom. I remember feeling relieved that I hadn't impaled myself on the handlebar. That was a cool dream.

You're going to laugh at my scariest dream, but I assure you it was terrifying when it happened.

I was a kid going to the mall with my mom. The mall was just a huge wood-paneled hallway. I remember noticing that there was no stores. Anyway, I had to go to the bathroom and so went in the only door in the hall, which of course happened to be the bathroom. After I flushed the urinal thick purple acid began to flow up and out of it. I escaped the bathroom just in time to keep from being eaten down to the bone.

Eventually I had to go to the bathroom again, I think it was on a different trip there and it happened again, and again on another trip. After the third time the police went in, put up that crime scene tape and started investigating. When they were done they brought me in and showed me a huge dinosaur footprint in the floor. It had broken the tiles and was sunken down about two inches, so I knew it was really heavy.

The police told me that they found the criminal who had been trying to kill me this whole time. It was Barney.

I don't remember how old I was when I had this dream. I was young, but still old enough that I didn't watch Barney anymore.

11. Synoran

Synoran New Member

I do not have a single worst dream, but more like a stream of pleasantly painful dreams featuring the same main character, a man of which I call Hei. He has featured in almost all of my dreams the past few months. One moment, he is saving my life, the next, taking it. I do not know whether he hates me or loves me, or whether I want him plauging my mind like this.

Obsessing over someone who doesn't exist! So mentally healthy.

But a recent, bad, vivid dream with him I have had is sort of like this.

I was around my early twenties, and a bunch of friends and I were wandering through one of those halloween corn mazes. The usual, cheep effects, etc didn't bother us, until we got about halfway. This man popped out of the corn, a maniac grin on his face and started chasing us. We managed to get over the huge fence that was blocking our way out, but he started going after us after we split up around town. We thought we finally got away when we were in this strange grey house on the other side of town. For some reason my best friend thought it was safe to go out, and he started going after us again. We ended up in the Copper Mountain resort, in one of the lodging buildings. Eventually, he killed off everyone except for me, but he had me cornered. I looked at him.
    "Who are you?"
    "Ansem," he replied, a hint of insanity in his velvet voice. "I know all too well who you are."
    I backed up against the glass window, sliding along the wall. He followed my stance all too perfectly. "No, really, what's your real name."
    He dropped his axe, every movement in his wrist brilliantly orchestrated. He walked, no, glided to where I was, taking my chin in his hand, and removing his mask with the other. His face was one I had seen before, a man that had taken center stage in many of my dreams prior. His ice eyes shimmered in the moonlight, his jet black hair brushing lightly against my face. "Now do you recognize me? I am Hei, my love."
    Of course I did, I just didn't want to believe it. In my other dreams, he had always been the protagonist, yet in this he killed all my friends? I only nodded in reply.
    He pressed his lips to mine with emence force, and at the same time picked up the axe. I tried desperately to pull away, all too well predicting his next movement. But instead of turning his weapon on me, he drived it straight through his own heart, barely mutting the words.
    "And it will be all your fault."

Yes. I dream vividly. And I wrote it down.

I have no clue as to if this normal or not, but something tells me, having someone I have NEVER MET in every one of my dreams is definately strange.

12. Tony.K

Tony.K New Member

The weirdest dream i ever had was when i dreamt of being a jedi and i got shot in the back by a storm trooper and i actually felt the pain.!! I was bad, real bad it was the most painfulthing i ever experienced.i hope i dont get shot in the back by the stormtrooper again:redface::D

13. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

This is probably the best dream I've had:

I'm with about 20 people in a circle, with a ton of banknotes on the ground. In bundles, by themselves etc. There is some weird announcer guy off to the side of the money. He is wearing a black jumper and tracksuit. He gives us the all clear. We dive in and scramble for as much money as we can. Me being sensible I grab the money still in bundles... and wake up. The weird thing was: it was American currency, and I live in Australia.

This is probably the worst:

You know that sleep stage where you aren't fully asleep? I had a dream in that sort of stage where I was being chased by a guy with a rifle or something. I was running backwards, so I was facing him. He fired, and as the bullet hit, *I woke up in a split second* I felt a pain in my sternum and jolted back into my mattress like crazy, like a reflex action. Well, that's the worst for feeling physical pain in a dream.

Here's one that was all in Playstation 1 graphics, the environment, the people, everything: One of them is where I am on an island with a massive brown cave with three or four guys I don't recognize. It flashes back to another island, a more suburban one. We are outside a building (possibly a visitor's centre or information centre) and a teacher from my school appears, and says "I want go to there someday." (He is the only one that doesn't look like he is from a ps1 game). We are all saying, "no way man that's scary has heck" or something. We can see the island in the distance, not too far away. It is covered in jungle and we can see a massive brown mountain which the cave enters into.

I'm glad I never found out what was in there because in the dream I was scared as anything. I wish I'd found a mirror though.

14. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

Once recurring dream I had between the time I was five and ten was that I would get up, walk to the stairs, and just jump. It wasn't suicidal or anything, but I'd just jump. Then I'd kind of float/glide to the bottom of the stairs and the second before I made impact, I'd wake up.

15. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Hmmm...the weirdest dream I ever had, I was being chased by a large Bumble Bee. I mean this thing was twice the size of me. I just kept running away from it and then I decided I would turn and face it. I grabbed its face, and I can still remember the feeling of its tiny hairs under the palms of my hands as I held it back. Finally, it flew off.

That was really strange to dream. I laugh as I think about it...just so completely crazy.

16. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I used to keep a dream journal regularly. I found that I had a lot of recurring themes to my dreams. I frequesntly dream about fishtanks. There is always something wrong with the tanks (contaminant, predator, leak, etc.) and I have to save the fishies. I try to find clean water and I can't and am runnign out of time, or I can't catch the predator, or I drop the fish on the ground and have to get them back in water. I dream about saving other animals as well, reptile, amphibians, cats, dogs. Mostly fish though. I think it is guilt for not cleaning my 4 aquariums often enough.

I also have recuring dreams about the apalolypse. It is always survival after a cataclysm. Hoarding supplies, hiding from roving bands who would kill me and my group of survivors. The cataclysm is different. War, disease, superior being smiting..whatever. My favorites are the zombie ones. I had one where I was on top of my refridgerator beating off zombies with a baguette. It was awesome.

17. Ennui

Ennui New Member

Worst dreams does not tantalize nor can behoves you,but you know that it is a myth and nothing to be apprehended about.Nevertheless,if the dream is a precognition of the future,it might be genuine and this happens to me.

18. Rosetta Stoned

Rosetta Stoned New Member

I hate those nightmares that take place in the room you're sleeping in, so when you do wake up it takes you a while to realize you're not dreaming anymore, because the scenery doesn't change. It makes it even harder to fall back asleep as well.

19. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I have dreams like that all the time wordwizard. It is one of the contributing factors to me rarely sleeping. Though after sufferring from dreams like this for over 10 years, you kind of get use to it.

20. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

My worst dreams are when I'm doing something, and then suddenly fall down. :(