1. Katherina

Katherina New Member

Ethical Assassin... for real?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Katherina, Jul 8, 2010.

Hi everyone!

Has any of you read "The ethical assassin" by David Liss?. Please tell me Im not the only one! :p

While looking for books to read in the library,surfing through my usual Stephen King section, I found an unusual book a little below who had a cover with a yellow background and a pitbull facing backwards with a spiky collar. It got my attention for a bit so I began to read the review...

And I found it different. Sure it didn´t sound like my usual goreish horror that Stephen King made me used to, or like my dark romantical vampire stories written by Anne Rice and not even like my very first favorite author, R.L. Stine, whose stories were simple, scary and directly to the point. Not at all... this was a thriller, with very original characters and an unusual twist.

For you who want to read it, I won´t spoil the fun for you. Im sure you can find the review if you look for it and to those of you who have already read it, come on over and tell me what you think! :D

What I will do however, is quote a comment made by readers, printed in the book itself so you may get a better idea what this is about:

"A contemporary black comedy stuffed with rednecks, corrupt criminal cops, encyclopedia salesmen, young lovers, and meth-lab operators..."-USA Today.

Well now, you know ;)

2. RedRaven

RedRaven Active Member

Thank you for the recommendation.
    Since we share a few favourite authors, this book might be right down my alley!