Would a drifter carry a gun?

Discussion in 'Research' started by mg357, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

whoopee!

Currently, 26 states allow permissive OC. That is a majority.

The rest have varying degrees, from not at all, to OC in rural or unloaded firearm only.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  2. whoopee!

whoopee! New Member

Well here's my take on it: the word 'drifter' does NOT make me think of modern day homeless people or derelicts - When I think drifter it more gentle and romanticized I guess, like a hippie, a loner, someone who 'drifts' from town to town, doing odd jobs, maybe running from a bad memory or just cuz they like to travel, not because they got kicked out of their house but because they can't keep still. Many of you will remember Easy Rider, Then Came Bronson . . . Or even earlier, hobos and vagabonds who traveled the railroad and hitched rides on the box cars.

So I guess it's good to clarify who you have in mind when you say drifter. Is it our modern day 2015 homeless person, down on his luck, or is it the old school drifter who is just moving around. I think it would still prove very complicated to carry a gun legally from state to state, and being an ex cop he might still believe in upholding the law. Who knows? He's your character lol.