1. Lost in The Stars

Lost in The Stars New Member

awakening: need help for the plot

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Lost in The Stars, Aug 26, 2013.

I need your help in the development of my short story. I have the general plot but I need help with the development of the plot.

This is what i got so far:
    It's a man who lives in a hut in a forest. He doesn't know why he is there, he doesn't know why he is alone, he doesn't know what happened to him before the hut, he doesn't want to know because he has the feeling that the anwers to all those questions are filled with danger, with pain. He is completely alone except for this girl in his dreams, is a little girl and he have been seeing her in his dreams for years, he saw her growing up in his dreams. But they never talk to each other, the just spend the night seeing each other.

And that's all I got. The rest of the story needs some work
    Some information: He is in comma but I need an idea to put him in that situation. The girl is his daugther and she is the one who takes him out of the comma, but also i need and idea for that too.

Please help (Sorry for my English, but I'm a native Spanish speaker)

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I know it's tempting to go asking for help with your storyline, but resist the temptation. Your imagination will improve through exercising it and so will your confidence. You will develop faster as a writer if you don't throw in the towel as son asthe going gets rough.

By the way, and just so you know, a prolonged deep unconsciousness is a coma. A comma is a punctuation symbol.

3. mrieder79

mrieder79 Probably not a ground squirrel Contributor

Sounds like a great start. Keep thinking about it and let the ideas form in your head over time. Sometimes it helps me to just start writing and let my mind go where it wants. The process of putting words on the page seems to help provoke my imagination better than sitting and thinking does.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

writing 'by committee' is seldom [if ever] successful... if you want to be a 'real' writer, you need to be able to come up with your own plots...

start writing it and see where it wants to go... as you write, you should find ideas will come to you re what happens next...

5. EmmaWrite

EmmaWrite Member

It sounds like you have everything you need already. You have characters, a setting, and a conflict. To expand your plot, you need to focus on one of the elements you already have. As far as what put him in the coma, I suggest doing some research to get your creative juices flowing.

GingerCoffee likes this.